Are the current Armed Forces force levels enough?

Natonorad

Rookie
Jul 18, 2016
USA
What are your thoughts on the general force levels of the Army, Air force, Marines, and Navy? Are they enough? Too much? Too little? Composed of the right elements? Or no longer needed?

Geo political implications make this a complex issue.

Irrelevant, we will continue to expand the empire and hegemony by cannibalizing society at home. Defense contractor lobbyists never sleep. Geopolitics has nothing to do with it. And we will continue to militarize police departments for the same reason.

What are your thoughts on the general force levels of the Army, Air force, Marines, and Navy? Are they enough? Too much? Too little? Composed of the right elements? Or no longer needed?

No, our military is never enough, it should be the most powerful military in the world to such an extent that even if every other nation banded together, we could crush them without a thought.

No, our military is never enough, it should be the most powerful military in the world to such an extent that even if every other nation banded together, we could crush them without a thought.
why? do you think that's likely to happen?

So tell me, how many military bases/installations do we have scattered across the globe in how many countries? And who else is even close to that?

I would say the actual troop levels are probably enough for the present. I would also state that many of our aircraft, tanks, ships, and other military assets are now old and showing signs of wear. Even spare parts are beginning to get scarce. Just look at the age of the B-52.

The OP is good and well thought out.

The answer of course depends on national expectations and boundaries of engagment.

I think we need a better naval and air shield protecting the country, and that we require an improved and bigger SpecOp forces that can be deeply thrust into various areas of the world.

There is no need to keep armies the size of those used in WWII. The power of munitions have increased dramatically. A heavy division has a payload today twenty five times that of any of our armored divisions back then. Air power is even better than that today.

All of our neo-cons need to be arrested and examined to see if they have committed or supported the committing of war crimes.

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. We'd be pretty hosed if we needed such a powerful military and that actually did happen, wouldn't we?

So tell me, how many military bases/installations do we have scattered across the globe in how many countries? And who else is even close to that?
Doesn't matter, it isn't enough to fend off a global assault by every other nation. Our military should continue to expand for as long as America exists, to ensure its continued existence.

If we want a massive global empire where we are more concerned with other's problems than our own, then we need to increase the size of our military. If we want to stop spending trillions on the other side of the planet and worry about our problems right here then no, we don't need to increase our military.

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. We'd be pretty hosed if we needed such a powerful military and that actually did happen, wouldn't we?
if that ever happened i would not want the united states to win

True if we did something that caused the entire rest of the planet to unite against us, the we'll likely have become an evil, evil country.

If you want to be enslaved, then, head to Russia.

True if we did something that caused the entire rest of the planet to unite against us, the we'll likely have become an evil, evil country.
Not true, and even if it were, it doesn't mean the citizens of the United States should suffer for the government ticking off all the other countries.

The Defense Department has contingency plans and scenarios for any situation that could crop up. There are adequate amounts of armaments, equipment and reserves and a plan for a draft. . Factories are prepared to go on a war footing at a moments notice. Personnel and war equipment is located strategically around the world and units such as the 82d Airborne Division are a Quick Reaction Force. Currently the one big setback is funding and the House and Senate Armed Service Committees will solve that problem quickly to get Obama off his dead ass.
That's my analysis and opinion.
Any naysayers?

Bull feathers. Ever heard about Gog and Magog? Be prepared.

Not true, and even if it were, it doesn't mean the citizens of the United States should suffer for the government ticking off all the other countries.
That's dumb. So if you were a German during WW2 you would wish Germany was powerful enough to conquer the rest of the planet because your citizens shouldn't suffer just because your government is ticking off other countries?

The Defense Department has contingency plans and scenarios for any situation that could crop up. There are adequate amounts of armaments, equipment and reserves and a plan for a draft. . Factories are prepared to go on a war footing at a moments notice. Personnel and war equipment is located strategically around the world and units such as the 82d Airborne Division are a Quick Reaction Force. Currently the one big setback is funding and the House and Senate Armed Service Committees will solve that problem quickly to get Obama off his dead ass.
That's my analysis and opinion.
Any naysayers?
i dont know what you mean by saying the house and senate armed forces committees will solve any problem 'to get obama off his dead ass'

what does that even mean?

that said i think we spend too much on active duty personnel. we need to shift that money to build up guard and reserve units.

Then your sorry ass will be booted out before you can get your gear together.

Forum List

Back