Hypocritical of Trump to have the Veterans last night at the RNC convention

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
when he sat in college during the Vietnam War, and none of his kids volunteer for service as far as I know.
The nerve of him to talk about J. McCain who got capture, Trump said he doesn't think heros get captured, he is right, most get killed, but he would not know that from experience.
Giuliani- very loud mouth last night , Cheney , Romney never served either.

With his signature flair for controversy, billionaire Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump challenged the Vietnam War service credentials of Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

"He’s a war hero because he was captured," Trump said July 18, 2015, during an interview in Ames, Iowa. "I like people who weren’t captured."

McCain ended up in a Hanoi POW camp after his Navy dive bomber was shot down in 1967. He broke both arms and a leg as he ejected. He endured enormous pain and torture and spent over five years in captivity.

While McCain was surviving as a prisoner, Trump was a college student at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. His remarks about McCain drew attention to how he spent his time during Vietnam, but that part of his resume was in the line of fire even before he disparaged his Republican colleague.

Ronald Kuby, a criminal and civil rights lawyer and talk show host, appeared on WABC-AM in New York City on July 15, 2015, three days before Trump made his controversial comments. Kuby highlighted the multiple student deferments Trump received, and how he finally got a medical exemption that staved off the draft.

Trump "was a Vietnam draft dodger," Kuby said.

We asked Kuby what he meant and he explained, "I use the term broadly to mean anyone who took advantage of deferments to avoid being drafted."

Was Trump a 'draft dodger'?

Trump's comment on McCain was VERY ILL-ADVISED-----
but not entirely untrue----he IS a hero by virture of being
captured, sorta. In fact people in the Navy do not win awards
for being captured-----in fact it is considered a bad thing. I have no idea about the rest of McCain's record----but he is hero
enough for me. I served in the US Navy as did my only son----and YOU Penelope? I do not think that people who did not
serve should be stopped from honoring veterans

Given Obama, Clinton, Biden, etc lack of military service I'd probably steer clear of the topic

when he sat in college during the Vietnam War, and none of his kids volunteer for service as far as I know.
The nerve of him to talk about J. McCain who got capture, Trump said he doesn't think heros get captured, he is right, most get killed, but he would not know that from experience.
Giuliani- very loud mouth last night , Cheney , Romney never served either.

With his signature flair for controversy, billionaire Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump challenged the Vietnam War service credentials of Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

"He’s a war hero because he was captured," Trump said July 18, 2015, during an interview in Ames, Iowa. "I like people who weren’t captured."

McCain ended up in a Hanoi POW camp after his Navy dive bomber was shot down in 1967. He broke both arms and a leg as he ejected. He endured enormous pain and torture and spent over five years in captivity.

While McCain was surviving as a prisoner, Trump was a college student at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School. His remarks about McCain drew attention to how he spent his time during Vietnam, but that part of his resume was in the line of fire even before he disparaged his Republican colleague.

Ronald Kuby, a criminal and civil rights lawyer and talk show host, appeared on WABC-AM in New York City on July 15, 2015, three days before Trump made his controversial comments. Kuby highlighted the multiple student deferments Trump received, and how he finally got a medical exemption that staved off the draft.

Trump "was a Vietnam draft dodger," Kuby said.

We asked Kuby what he meant and he explained, "I use the term broadly to mean anyone who took advantage of deferments to avoid being drafted."

Was Trump a 'draft dodger'?
when did kuby serve?.....just asking...

Penelope ??? navy ?? army??? -----????
grammar school crossing guard?????

Given Obama, Clinton, Biden, etc lack of military service I'd probably steer clear of the topic

Obama graduated after the Nam war, more of a peacetime, Biden didn't but his son did, Clinton I never voted for.
That is the main issue, the elites have no problem sending men to war, especially the ones who have never been there, it seems they have less of a problem.

Obama graduated after the Nam war, more of a peacetime, Biden didn't but his son did, Clinton I never voted for.
That is the main issue, the elites have no problem sending men to war, especially the ones who have never been there, it seems they have less of a problem.

Serving this nation doesn't require there be a war. When the dem elites can claim service then you have a legitimate beef...until then you don't

sounds like an interesting project------which presidents opted to send men to war and just how ELITE were they? Off the top-----Lincoln did not serve as far as I recall-----nor did FDR ----
anyone else for any of this stuff?

Hillary's husband Bill Clinton didn't just "sit in college" he demonstrated against his Country while in England, he took a KGB sponsored trip to freaking Russia and he lied to his draft board which legally constitutes draft evasion. Like every other felony the Clintons committed, Bill Clinton squeezed by without being prosecuted. I don't know if Barry Hussein was subject to the draft but there is no denying that his political mentor in Chicago was an anti-war protester who morphed into a freaking bomb making domestic terrorist who targeted Military recruitment centers and the Pentagon. The last bomb Bill Ayers and his comrades were making, which blew up prematurely killing four of the bomb makers, was intended to kill and maim Soldiers a dance at Fort Dix. The notion that a politician has to have served in the Military to honor and respect the Military is a left wing political ploy.

Last edited:
I don't know if Barry Hussein was subject to the draft

Obama was 13 when the Vietnam war ended. So now you know.
Hussein's political mentor, Bill Ayers, was about 30 when the war ended. Apparently their political ideologies brought them together in Chicago when Hussein was a radical young lawyer and Ayers was an unrepentant terrorist who managed to evade prosecution for his crimes. The point is that the radical (pro-terrorist?) lhypocrite left manages to convince themselves of the insane notion that a republican candidate doesn't have the right to respect the Military because he didn't serve in the Military.

I don't know if Barry Hussein was subject to the draft

Obama was 13 when the Vietnam war ended. So now you know.
Hussein's political mentor, Bill Ayers, was about 30 when the war ended. Apparently their political ideologies brought them together in Chicago when Hussein was a radical young lawyer and Ayers was an unrepentant terrorist who managed to evade prosecution for his crimes. The point is that the radical (pro-terrorist?) lhypocrite left manages to convince themselves of the insane notion that a republican candidate doesn't have the right to respect the Military because he didn't serve in the Military.

Veterans can hate beaners and carpet kissers too. So why not vote for Trump?

New Topics

Forum List

Back