Are Republicans "Pro Domestic Violence"?

“Our amendment is much broader. It says you can’t recognize or validate these relationships at all.”

In the absence of any legal recognition, unmarried couples — whether gay or straight — could conceivably see courts invalidate their domestic violence protections. Eichner says it would depend on how judges read the amendment, but a broad interpretation is certainly possible.

“What we have here is untested language that would need to be interpreted by the courts,” Eichner said. “On its face, it would be interpreted with far-reaching effects.”

In August, he likened gay marriage to both incest and polygamy.

Between 2005 and 2007, Ohio’s courts heard cases wherein some defense attorneys successfully argued that domestic violence protections could not apply to unmarried couples.

North Carolina marriage amendment will ban civil unions for gay and straight couples

LOVE the USMB Republicans:

We don't hate the gays. I guess just their party does.

The burning question? Whose next?

Who will Republicans screw over next?

Mitt is in North Carolina. What does Mr. Etch a Sketch have to say? Or is this his first "etch a sketch" moment?

i tell you what asshole. You know what I'm for? I'm for any woman who has been beaten by her husband has every right to kill the sonofabitch and NOT be arrested. In fact I'll go one step further and say anybody who kills or rapes ANY member of one's family, the family members should be allowed to deal with that person any way they please: shoot him/her, stab (too messy), push of a cliff, drive out to the Mojave Desert and leave them. Take you pick. THAT's what republicans want done about domestic violence.

“Our amendment is much broader. It says you can’t recognize or validate these relationships at all.”

In the absence of any legal recognition, unmarried couples — whether gay or straight — could conceivably see courts invalidate their domestic violence protections. Eichner says it would depend on how judges read the amendment, but a broad interpretation is certainly possible.

“What we have here is untested language that would need to be interpreted by the courts,” Eichner said. “On its face, it would be interpreted with far-reaching effects.”

Between 2005 and 2007, Ohio’s courts heard cases wherein some defense attorneys successfully argued that domestic violence protections could not apply to unmarried couples.

North Carolina marriage amendment will ban civil unions for gay and straight couples

Mitt is in North Carolina. What does Mr. Etch a Sketch have to say? Or is this his first "etch a sketch" moment?

"domestic violence"?

Edit: Please refrain from threats, even joking.

I'd help you!

Well, as an evangelical conservative republican member of the Tea Party, I have noticed that each one of rdean's threads begins with one or a combination of these premises:

Republicans are:
1. For dirty water
2. For dirty air
3. Want children to die because of lead or some other equally deadly chemical in the water, air or soil
4. Want the sick to die due to lack of medical care
5. Want the poor to not have food
6. Want the poor to not have shelter
7. Want corporations to do what ever they want, when ever they want, regardless of the consequences
8. Want the old to die of starvation AND lack of medical care and shelter
9. Want to set up a government reminiscent of the Taliban to impose fundamental Christian principles on everyone
10. Want to reimpose the doctrine of "Jim Crow"
11. For child labor

I know I'm missing something, but to debate a premise like "When did you stop beating your wife" is ludicrous. It is why I rarely participate in such mindless drivel perpetrated by a political hack who's agenda is very clear from the outset.

Besides, I'm usually very busy at this time of day loosening the nuts on the wheel chairs at Wal Mart...

Well, as an evangelical conservative republican member of the Tea Party, I have noticed that each one of rdean's threads begins with one or a combination of these premises:

Republicans are:
1. For dirty water
2. For dirty air
3. Want children to die because of lead or some other equally deadly chemical in the water, air or soil
4. Want the sick to die due to lack of medical care
5. Want the poor to not have food
6. Want the poor to not have shelter
7. Want corporations to do what ever they want, when ever they want, regardless of the consequences
8. Want the old to die of starvation AND lack of medical care and shelter
9. Want to set up a government reminiscent of the Taliban to impose fundamental Christian principles on everyone
10. Want to reimpose the doctrine of "Jim Crow"
11. For child labor

I know I'm missing something, but to debate a premise like "When did you stop beating your wife" is ludicrous. It is why I rarely participate in such mindless drivel perpetrated by a political hack who's agenda is very clear from the outset.

Besides, I'm usually very busy at this time of day loosening the nuts on the wheel chairs at Wal Mart...

LOL - I know, I know, couldn't help it. What a total nutjob he is!

jesus you people cant manage an intelligent debate on anything can you?

You will never make gay people go away by making these stupid laws

And what kind of debate do you suppose we can have with the op when he thinks we are pro criminal activity before we have even entered the damn thread?

Your as stupid as rderp

Exactly, you can't poison the well and then be upset that no one's drinking the water.

Is rdean seriously suggesting that unless gays are allowed to marry, they will beat the crap out of their partners? That's insulting to any honest person, let alone homosexuals.

There are easy ways to avoid domestic violence: Dont get involved with violent people and don't commit violence.

I personally don't care if gays want to marry. Who cares. Marriage isn't all it's cracked up to be anyway. Have at it.

And men on men relationships are usually violent. Get two men living together and there is bound to be physical abuse. I've seen it in many if not all of the gay men relationships I've been privy to, they get very jealous of eachother. It's just a fact.

No, but you are a complete idiot

The only reason why I support a republican is he told me in a personal email that if he were elected that he would bomb the hell out of every children's hospital in america.

Then once he got enough republicans in congress with him, he'd take it outside our borders and blow up all the remaining ones in the world.

BWAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (rubs hands together while grinning and wide-eyed)

The only reason why I support a republican is he told me in a personal email that if he were elected that he would bomb the hell out of every children's hospital in america.

Then once he got enough republicans in congress with him, he'd take it outside our borders and blow up all the remaining ones in the world.

BWAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (rubs hands together while grinning and wide-eyed)

So how much NyQuil did you drink? How is it you are still awake? :confused:

Link?

:lol:

Forum List

Back