Are religions that use military power instead of moral authority and persuasion to convert us, worth

No where in the Bible does it say "anyone who kills and tortures in the name of god is not a Christian". That's your interpretation from what you've read in the Bible. It's your opinion. Not a fact. Every "fact" known to man can be proven without the use of the Bible.
The fact is that you cannot show me one passage of Scripture where God tells Christians to torture and kill people in order to convert them. You lose. Have a nice day.
Wrong. It was you made a claim as to what scripture says not I. You've won nothing. So put up; shut up.
You have the burden of proof. I asked for Scripture where God tells Christians to torture and kill people in order to convert them. You cannot do so. You can only deflect the conversation. You lose.
I don't give a shit what you ask for. You made a claim. I challenged it. You've offered no proof to support your claim. Your claim remains disputed.
I provided Scripture to back up what I said. There is no interpretation needed. It's plain English, so to speak. People who torture and murder others are not Christians. You disagreed. I asked you to show me Scripture that says differently. You failed to do so. You lose.
You've provided no scripture that stars what you claim. I've lost nothing. Just a little time. Time spent replying to your petulant, childish posts. That time is at an end. Correspondence will resume once scripture is provided to confirm your statement...

The fact is that you cannot show me one passage of Scripture where God tells Christians to torture and kill people in order to convert them. You lose. Have a nice day.
Wrong. It was you made a claim as to what scripture says not I. You've won nothing. So put up; shut up.
You have the burden of proof. I asked for Scripture where God tells Christians to torture and kill people in order to convert them. You cannot do so. You can only deflect the conversation. You lose.
I don't give a shit what you ask for. You made a claim. I challenged it. You've offered no proof to support your claim. Your claim remains disputed.
I provided Scripture to back up what I said. There is no interpretation needed. It's plain English, so to speak. People who torture and murder others are not Christians. You disagreed. I asked you to show me Scripture that says differently. You failed to do so. You lose.
You've provided no scripture that stars what you claim. I've lost nothing. Just a little time. Time spent replying to your petulant, childish posts. That time is at an end. Correspondence will resume once scripture is provided to confirm your statement...
You said "No where in the Bible does it say "anyone who kills and tortures in the name of god is not a Christian". That's your interpretation from what you've read in the Bible. It's your opinion. Not a fact. Every "fact" known to man can be proven without the use of the Bible."

Now, I did back it up with Scripture. You need to learn to pay attention. Here it is again.

And He said to him, "'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' "This is the great and foremost commandment. "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.

If you love someone you will not torture and murder them. This is pretty simple stuff. A child can understand it, which leads me to seriously doubt your mental capacity.

Here's another one.

"In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

So, there you have it. Scripture, telling us how Christians should behave. And since Christians do the will of God, people who torture and murder others are not Christians. Do I need to use simpler words? Maybe draw you a picture?

Are religions that use military power instead of moral authority and persuasion to convert us, worthy of us?

I was reading of my Gnostic Christian history, --- which grew itself without violence and with moral authority, --- and noted that both Christianity and Islam have both grown themselves through military conquest as compared to moral authority gained by persuasion.

We have had to suffer many Holy Wars, Inquisitions and jihads instead of those religions winning us over by good deeds and a better moral code.

Both Islam and Christianity say they respect Jesus and he said that we would recognize his people by their good deed, not war, so I think that Jesus would condemn both Christianity and especially Islam, given that they are both homophobic and misogynous religions who refuse to grant gays and women full equality. Christianity is slowly moving to equality while Islam is not.

Further, most religious laws have been bested by secular humanist laws, thanks to equality provisions and have already rejected the laws of those immoral Gods and their religions.

Given that violence instead of a better moral code has been used to grow Christianity and Islam, should moral people reject both Islam and Christianity as unfit to convert us to their religions?

Regards
DL
Long time, no see, DL. How many different forums did you post this on today? Googling, I counted a handful. Maybe more will pop up in a few days.

Are religions that use military power instead of moral authority and persuasion to convert us, worthy of us?

I was reading of my Gnostic Christian history, --- which grew itself without violence and with moral authority, --- and noted that both Christianity and Islam have both grown themselves through military conquest as compared to moral authority gained by persuasion.

We have had to suffer many Holy Wars, Inquisitions and jihads instead of those religions winning us over by good deeds and a better moral code.

Both Islam and Christianity say they respect Jesus and he said that we would recognize his people by their good deed, not war, so I think that Jesus would condemn both Christianity and especially Islam, given that they are both homophobic and misogynous religions who refuse to grant gays and women full equality. Christianity is slowly moving to equality while Islam is not.

Further, most religious laws have been bested by secular humanist laws, thanks to equality provisions and have already rejected the laws of those immoral Gods and their religions.

Given that violence instead of a better moral code has been used to grow Christianity and Islam, should moral people reject both Islam and Christianity as unfit to convert us to their religions?

Regards
DL
Long time, no see, DL. How many different forums did you post this on today? Googling, I counted a handful. Maybe more will pop up in a few days.
A super troll? LOL

You said "No where in the Bible does it say "anyone who kills and tortures in the name of god is not a Christian". That's your interpretation from what you've read in the Bible. It's your opinion. Not a fact. Every "fact" known to man can be proven without the use of the Bible."

Now, I did back it up with Scripture. You need to learn to pay attention. Here it is again.

And He said to him, "'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' "This is the great and foremost commandment. "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.

If you love someone you will not torture and murder them. This is pretty simple stuff. A child can understand it, which leads me to seriously doubt your mental capacity.

Here's another one.

"In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

So, there you have it. Scripture, telling us how Christians should behave. And since Christians do the will of God, people who torture and murder others are not Christians. Do I need to use simpler words? Maybe draw you a picture?
So your saying Christians don't sin? Youre saying all Christians adhere to the rules as you interpret them? And are you suggesting that at the moment of sin, a person loses their Christianhood? Hmmmm....

Here's another one.

So your saying Christians don't sin? Youre saying all Christians adhere to the rules as you interpret them? And are you suggesting that at the moment of sin, a person loses their Christianhood? Hmmmm....
That's not what I said. Everyone, even Christians sin. But there is a difference between everyday sin and sinning willfully Do you know what it is?.

Here's another one.

That's not what I said. Everyone, even Christians sin. But there is a difference between everyday sin and sinning willfully Do you know what it is?.
According to Hebrew lore, sin, is sin. Sugarcoat it in whatever way makes your preferred sin easier to swallow; but it is, what it is.

A super troll? LOL
LOL.

More of a drive-by flame-baiter at worst.

I believe he honestly believes his posts. I've known him online for several years. Although I haven't deciphered the pattern yet, he seems to periodically come out of nowhere, post the same crap like the OP on several forums, hang around for a few days then disappear again. My best guess is that it's a psychological phase which strikes when the voices in his head are strongest. I write this in complete seriousness.

According to Hebrew lore, sin, is sin. Sugarcoat it in whatever way makes your preferred sin easier to swallow; but it is, what it is.
Agreed. The great Rabbi Jesus said:
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Most Christians understand it's God's place to judge, not ours.

Jesus said:
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Even most non Christians understand this to be part of the neo Hebrew doctrine. RWNJ prolly just fell asleep in Sunday school that day.

Jesus said:

Even most non Christians understand this to be part of the neo Hebrew doctrine. RWNJ prolly just fell asleep in Sunday school that day.
Not at all. People sin every day, in thought and deed. People get angry, think unkind thoughts, have lustful thoughts about other women. All sins. They are not planned. They just happen. But there is another kind of sin. It's called willful sin. That means it is premeditated. There is a big difference. People who sin willfully are not Christians. More accurately, people who do it on a regular basis. People who do this do not know Christ.

Actually, Christians are supposed to judge others. However, as the verse really means, you should not judge others for something that is a problem in your own life. Basically, what that passage means is to make sure your own life is in accordance with Gods will before you try to tell someone else about sin in their life. This is called righteous judgement. It should be done in a loving manner, as we are all children of God. It means that if we see a fellow Christian straying, we should point it out to them and encourage them.

Women and gays do not agree and religions are the problem as they push ideas like what you just put.
Doesn't matter if they agree or not.

It's the natural order of the universe. ...... :cool:

Not from what I can see.

Most other species have the male elevating their females and putting them ahead of themselves.

As to gays, most species do not care about them, and in fact, hetero males in areas where there are gays have a better chance to reproduce and would welcome even more gays.

Your view is anti-nature and that shows how little you have thought about your position.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Show us just ONE example of Christians using force to convert people. You can't.

One word should do.

Inquisition.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Show us just ONE example of Christians using force to convert people. You can't.
Torture Techniques of the Spanish Inquisition

Native Americans and Christianity - RationalWiki

But if you want more recent:
Joseph Kony: Profile of the LRA leader - BBC News

CAR: Muslims forced to convert to Christianity | Christian News on Christian Today
But are they really Christians? Nowhere in the Bible does God tell us to force people to convert. Now, a Christian is defined as one who does the will of God. So, these people cannot be Christians.

You are right that most who call themselves Christian do not act like Christians are told to by scriptures.

But to your comment.

Luke 19:27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.

Qur'an 8:7 "Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: `Wipe the infidels out to the last.'"

Jesus said, "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war.

Seems Christians follow Jesus on this last.

Regards
DL

Actually, Christians are supposed to judge others. However, as the verse really means, you should not judge others for something that is a problem in your own life. Basically, what that passage means is to make sure your own life is in accordance with Gods will before you try to tell someone else about sin in their life. This is called righteous judgement. It should be done in a loving manner, as we are all children of God. It means that if we see a fellow Christian straying, we should point it out to them and encourage them.
Awesome. So a Christian who judges others is without sin?

This was the case before Jesus took the judgement seat at God's right hand.

Further, with a God who is unknowable and unfathomable, we cannot know what or how he judges and thus we should ignore his judgement.

That is why scriptures say that God will only forgive what we humans forgive.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

If you have that much time to waste, you might opine.

Regards
DL

If you have that much time to waste, you might opine.

Regards
DL
So you save time by posting the same post on have a dozen forums? How many days will you hang around this time, DL?

Your posting pattern seems to be a week to ten days then "POOF!" off into cyberspace for awhile. Where do you do? Do it include rubber walls or barred windows?

BTW, your OP is flawed. Religion, like guns and lawn mowers, is a tool. It is neither good nor bad. It's the people or person that uses it who determines if that use is good or bad. You know, like your use of flawed arguments to spread hate against religions.

Forum List

Back