Are Private Messages still Private..?

It seems to me that without the rep system members are a tad more blunt and honest.

That's codespeak for "downright nasty".

There are now righties calling for the deaths of liberals here in USMB. Listening did it with Jillian and Big old Drunk Reb is doing it all over the place.

WTF is wrong with those people? Damn, that is just plain old raw.

With this new format I just wondered if private messages are assured of privacy or/and can they be posted. I liked the old system including the delete messages option.
The format is irrelevant. It is an internet forum. The admin could always access anything in your PM box.

With this new format I just wondered if private messages are assured of privacy or/and can they be posted. I liked the old system including the delete messages option.

Welcome to the internet, been here long? Apparently not.

No such thing as privacy online. Your comms are NOT secure. So never write anything you're not ok seeing on a billboard.

Adages to live by (online edition)

- Never say anything in private you wouldn't say in public.
- If someone tells you your communications are private or secure they're lying and are probably reading them.
- Be careful what you volunteer about yourself. You're not anonymous and knocking on your front door can be done in a matter of hours with very little effort. And it doesn't involve hacking or anything else illegal because of how readily people divuldge personal information.
- Until you've shaken their hand, you have no idea who you're talking to.
- Hacking a person is a lot simpler than hacking their computer.

Last edited:

Welcome to the internet, been here long? Apparently not.

No such thing as privacy online. Your comms are NOT secure. So never write anything you're not ok seeing on a billboard.

Adages to live by (online edition)

- Never say anything in private you wouldn't say in public.
- If someone tells you your communications are private or secure they're lying and are probably reading them.
- Be careful what you volunteer about yourself. You're not anonymous and knocking on your front door can be done in a matter of hours with very little effort. And it doesn't involve hacking or anything else illegal because of how readily people divuldge personal information.
- Until you've shaken their hand, you have no idea who you're talking to.
- Hacking a person is a lot simpler than hacking their computer.
Oh My God .. (as Lumpy runs away in terror) ..:scared1:

I guess I'll have to settle for assurance over a pinky swear..:laugh:

I suppose I could also get more blunt.

It seems to me that without the rep system members are a tad more blunt and honest.

There are now righties calling for the deaths of liberals here in USMB. Listening did it with Jillian and Big old Drunk Reb is doing it all over the place.

Extreme disrespect/posts should be handled by the Mods. Members can still report posts as far as I know.

The lines of decorum have been eaten alive on the internet. I've always figured if you lose control, you lose the argument and end up looking like an ass to all involved.

Although it seems, "looking like an ass" fills many with pride...:eusa_doh:

Last edited:

Extreme disrespect/posts should be handled by the Mods. Members can still report posts as far as I know.

The lines of decorum have been eaten alive on the internet. I've always figured if you lose control, you lose the argument and end up looking like an ass to all involved.

Although it seems to some, "looking like an ass" fills them with pride...:eusa_doh:

Scary, what?

^Yep, there are some real prideful and passive reminders of obscure falls during the years at USMB.

:rock:

I suppose I could also get more blunt.

Naaa be subtle and keep passing out little red X's.

I enjoy giving them now that they're not seen as compiled negs. It's nice to see that you still see them as a neg.

Maybe you can author a repository for disagrees to laugh at.

^Yep, there are some real prideful and passive reminders of

obscure falls during the years at USMB.

:rock:

Although it seems to some, "looking like an ass" fills them with pride...:eusa_doh:

Scary, what?
Yup, especially if your personal information has little assurance of privacy.

Were they ever?

That said, if some little vindictive dopey *ahem* twit gets mad at you then he can invite others to your conversation thereby exposing your private pms to the entire board.

Were they ever?

That said, if some little vindictive dopey *ahem* twit gets mad at you then he can invite others to your conversation thereby exposing your private pms to the entire board.

Sherlock-Holmes1-408x229.jpg

You spelled parts wrong.

:cool:

Forum List

Back