Are Middle Class Conservatives Crazy?

Are Middle Class Conservatives Crazy For Supporting a Flat Tax?

• Don't Know/Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
I'm serious.

After listening to middle class conservatives accuse, and subsequently condemn, President Obama for every real or imagined policy change under the sun (like supposedly raising taxes on everyone), these same middle class conservatives are simply thrilled with Cain's 9-9-9 tax plan and Perry's flat tax plan when both of those plans virtually guarantee to raise taxes on the middle class while lowering taxes on the wealthy.

I don't get it.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps we dems should just sit out one election cycle and let these guys go to town.

Then we'd get both houses of congress back for FOUR DECADES like after the LAST time CONZ crashed the economy at the behest of their uber-wealthy leash-holders.

I'm serious.

After listening to middle class conservatives accuse, and subsequently condemn, President Obama for every real or imagined policy change under the sun (like supposedly raising taxes on everyone), these same middle class conservatives are simply thrilled with Cain's 9-9-9 tax plan and Perry's flat tax plan when both of those plans virtually guarantee to raise taxes on the middle class while lowering taxes on the wealthy.

I don't get it.

You rarely do.... my condolences.

I'm serious.

I don't get it.

How do you figure a flat tax of 20 percent is raising taxes on the middle class when the average income tax rate for middle class is 28 percent?

I'm serious.

I don't get it.

You rarely do.... my condolences.

Feel free to explain the rationale behind conservatives embracing a change to a flat tax system when a flat income tax system will shift the tax burden away from upper income earners toward the middle class.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps we dems should just sit out one election cycle and let these guys go to town.

Then we'd get both houses of congress back for FOUR DECADES like after the LAST time CONZ crashed the economy at the behest of their uber-wealthy leash-holders.
Bub, you wont have to sit out the next election cycle for the GOP to sweep the elections. The Dums have the worst record for governing ever. Worse than the GOP.
Here's Nutty Nancy in 2006. Listen to her promises and ask how much of that have they achieved.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5KC7zwdMfE]Pelosi speaks after Democrats win the House - YouTube[/ame]

I'm serious.

I don't get it.

unlike progressives, conservatives have an ideology that does not change to accommodate personal needs.

We believe what we beleive...even if we feel it is not in our best interest in the short run.
Conservcatives are willing to suffer the pain of holding true to our beliefs.

Me? I will feel an increase. I am a top 5%er, but not top 1%er....but I know it will be good for my children, and their children.

You see...I am willing to suffer the consequences of the actions of my generation and the actions of the politicians of my generation......

Progressives refuse to suffer the pain...they want to kick the can down the road.

I don't see why everyone doesn't give 99.9 percent of what they make to the government. The US government is obviously the most efficient organization in the country and is the best entity for bringing happiness and prosperity to all the world. If they can do what they've done with the money we give them now imagine what they will be able to accomplish with 99.9 percent of everyone's money. I'm just gonna sit back and reap the benefits. Now that's a real 999 plan.

Define middle class.

IMO most of the people who call themselves middle class are actually the working poor.

It is simple. The plan is simple.

And....these jokers all think they are one lucky break away from being wealthy.

And....the LAST thing these jokers will ever admit is that they are closer to being poor than to being wealthy....with the difference between them and "them" being but a few missed paychecks or a costly medical procedure.

It is called denial.

I'm serious.

I don't get it.

unlike progressives, conservatives have an ideology that does not change to accommodate personal needs.

We believe what we beleive...even if we feel it is not in our best interest in the short run.

Me? I will feel an increase. I am a top 5%er, but not top 1%er....but I know it will be good for my children, and their children.

You see...I am willing to suffer the consequences of the actions of my generation and the actions of the politicians of my generation......

Progressives refuse to suffer the pain...they want to kick the can down the road.

Bullshit. All-around bullshit.

I'm serious.

I don't get it.

How do you figure a flat tax of 20 percent is raising taxes on the middle class when the average income tax rate for middle class is 28 percent?

Any plan that lowers the total amount of federal income tax receipts (and capital gains taxes) collected from high income earners will require raising taxes on another segment of the population. Poor people don't have that kind of money, and middle class earners are the largest single group in this country. Who do YOU think is going to have to make up the difference?

I'm serious.

I don't get it.

Bullshit. All-around bullshit.

if you say that is bullshit, then you do not understand conservative thinking.

You know...that is the second time you have responded to me by saying bull shit...without backing it up.

But whatever...I am not interested in what you believe. I know what I believe.

I'm serious.

I don't get it.

Any plan that lowers the total amount of federal income tax receipts (and capital gains taxes) collected from high income earners will require raising taxes on another segment of the population. Poor people don't have that kind of money, and middle class earners are the largest single group in this country. Who do YOU think is going to have to make up the difference?

9-9-9 will not work unless we leave cap gains tax at 15%

You don't understand wealth creation at all, do you?

I'm serious.

I don't get it.

That doesn't explain how person who is paying a 28 percent tax rate now and who would be paying a 20 percent flat rate under Perry's plan would be paying more.

You can cut spending to offset the decrease in revenue. I know it's a wacky idea!

You don't understand wealth creation at all, do you?

It almost comes across like you do understand wealth creation. This to me is very funny. Anyone who reads your useless posts can tell you are all posture and no substance. Good job, tough guy.

Forum List

Back