Are liberal children more intelligent?

There is a huge amount of info out there that indicates that liberals are more open minded and certainly tend to be better educated - for the simple reason that they value education.

The right itself is causing this. Its the right who says they don't want "elitist" educations, don't want schools, don't want well educated or well paid teachers.

The biggest problem with the uneducated right is that they not only vote, they have kids. They want kids in the US to have inferior educations. Its the right who wants our kids to cleans schools and pick produce just as its the right who want other countries to be better educated than our own kids. (I recently posted a link to an article stating that China graduates more science majors than the US graduates all kids. Typically, the rw's poo-poo'ed it.)

The rw's can change this IF THEY WANT TO.

Read the posts here ... They don't want to. They actually take great pride in not being university or college educated and want no part of that "elitist" stuff.

How many recent college graduates are out of work? There are many places to put blame on this, but that doesn't change the problem

Andrew Sum: The Nation's Recent College Graduates Face Significant Labor Market Problems

The cost of education is rising every year. My wife owes $16,000 dollars in student loans, that's after we've paid the monthly bill for 4 years, with very little interest. She received several scholarships and grants. I owe $10,000 in student loans. That is also very low interest and I've paid on those for 3 years. That's not counting what the G.I Bill paid. Books each semester can easily cost over 1,000 alone. I had a scince book once that when new was over $320, that's nothing more than gouging.

When a doctor graduates med school, some owe up to 200k in loans and after paying for those loans for the first 8 years of their career, make around the same as a waiter. Education costs are crippling, and it can cause elitism. When I graduated high school I had no hope of going to college. I had always been poor, clothes from thrift stores, shoes from wherever. After the military I was able to attend, but it didn't pay for everything.

Almost every college class I took, with the exception of math, was liberal biased. My wife had the same experience at a different university. There is a problem with this. If your opinion was different inside that classroom, it was best to keep it to yourself. This is not how people should be educated. No critical thinking skills are taught. Memorize, memorize... clear those facts. Memorize, memorize. Repeat.

Many friends with the same experience.

If you are not a liberal, don't say anything in class....you can't get a word in edgewise and it often affects your grade (openly stated by more than one prof or TA).

Being a liberal, I encouraged my kids to challenge me, and hoped they'd learn to think for themselves. Sitting around the dinner table, nothing was out of bounds. Religion, politics, sexuality, pop culture, whatever, was discussed with respect. I never demanded that my kids held dogmatic beliefs. I wanted them to know how to think, and learn how to disagree with respect.

Do you want a medal.

I did the same thing....I am a conservative.

It has nothing to do with being a liberal.

BTW: Did you ever challenge your kids to show you how their views synchronized into society or how they would elevate society ?

Yes.
However blindly partisan democrats are not.
They are just as stupid as blindly partisan republicans.

So, let me get this straight... you are actually claiming that children understand what it means to be 'liberal'... or 'conservative' for that matter.

Man, you are one dumb fuck. Kids are not 'liberal' or 'conservative'.... they're kids. You - and the OP - are dumber than a box of rocks.

There is a huge amount of info out there that indicates that liberals are more open minded and certainly tend to be better educated - for the simple reason that they value education.

The right itself is causing this. Its the right who says they don't want "elitist" educations, don't want schools, don't want well educated or well paid teachers.

The biggest problem with the uneducated right is that they not only vote, they have kids. They want kids in the US to have inferior educations. Its the right who wants our kids to cleans schools and pick produce just as its the right who want other countries to be better educated than our own kids. (I recently posted a link to an article stating that China graduates more science majors than the US graduates all kids. Typically, the rw's poo-poo'ed it.)

Read the posts here ... They don't want to. They actually take great pride in not being university or college educated and want no part of that "elitist" stuff.

Idiot.

Yes.

So, let me get this straight... you are actually claiming that children understand what it means to be 'liberal'... or 'conservative' for that matter.

Man, you are one dumb fuck. Kids are not 'liberal' or 'conservative'.... they're kids. You - and the OP - are dumber than a box of rocks.

Actually, kids tend to act like liberals...

If you are not a liberal, don't say anything in class....you can't get a word in edgewise and it often affects your grade (openly stated by more than one prof or TA).

What school? My daughter has had a very different experience. Her liberal views have repeatedly come under attack during class times.

Of course she, being the smart liberal she is, has no problems with putting the rethugs in their place.

Proof that liberals are smarter than rethugs. I mean, when you tell your kid the gospel says the world is only 6 thousand years old (or what ever) how fuking smart is that? And then believe it. Good God.

And that life begins when you think about having sex. How smart is that?

Or that Ronnie Raygun was a "great" President. Now that is just plain stupid.

Ya, rethugs are real smart. That's why they have Mittens. To keep from scratching their heads, wondering what went wrong.

lib·er·al
   

adjective
favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.

( often initial capital letter ) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.

favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.

favoring or permitting freedom of action, especially with respect to matters of personal belief or expression.

con·serv·a·tive   

adjective
disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.

cautiously moderate or purposefully low: a conservative estimate.

traditional in style or manner; avoiding novelty or showiness: conservative suit.

( often initial capital letter ) of or pertaining to the Conservative party.

Now, if we can put the pejorative aside, it's obvious that the OP is on to something. Where would the world be without liberals? We'd still see lightening but have never harnessed electricity, we'd be looking at horses and wondering what the hell are they good for; we'd be pissing in the water upstream, and drinking the waster downstream, Get it?

Yes.

Actually, kids tend to act like liberals...

Only the brats.

lib·er·al
   

adjective

( often initial capital letter ) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.

favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.

favoring or permitting freedom of action, especially with respect to matters of personal belief or expression.

con·serv·a·tive   

adjective
disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.

traditional in style or manner; avoiding novelty or showiness: conservative suit.

Now, if we can put the pejorative aside, it's obvious that the OP is on to something. Where would the world be without liberals? We'd still see lightening but have never harnessed electricity, we'd be looking at horses and wondering what the hell are they good for; we'd be pissing in the water upstream, and drinking the waster downstream, Get it?

Yea, I get it... you're a prat.

What school? My daughter has had a very different experience. Her liberal views have repeatedly come under attack during class times.

Of course she, being the smart liberal she is, has no problems with putting the rethugs in their place.

Proof that liberals are smarter than rethugs. I mean, when you tell your kid the gospel says the world is only 6 thousand years old (or what ever) how fuking smart is that? And then believe it. Good God.

And that life begins when you think about having sex. How smart is that?

Or that Ronnie Raygun was a "great" President. Now that is just plain stupid.

Ya, rethugs are real smart. That's why they have Mittens. To keep from scratching their heads, wondering what went wrong.

See.... I struggle to accept one (biased) parent's view of their offspring as 'proof' of anything other than parents are often unrealistic about their children.

Generally speaking, I prefer to rely on clearly defined, longitudinal evidence as 'proof'.

lib·er·al
   

adjective

con·serv·a·tive   

adjective

Yea, I get it... you're a prat.

It's too damn funny. Wry comes into every one of my threads and calls me an attention troll then posts that in this thread? Too fucking funny.

LONDON, March 2 (UPI) -- More intelligent children may be more likely to grow up to be liberals, a researcher at the London School of Economics and Political Science suggests.

Satoshi Kanazawa, an evolutionary psychologist, says "evolutionarily novel" preferences and values are those that humans are not biologically designed to have and our ancestors probably did not possess. In contrast, those that our ancestors had for millions of years are "evolutionarily familiar."

Kanazawa argues that humans are evolutionarily designed to be conservative, caring mostly about their family and friends, and being liberal -- caring about an indefinite number of genetically unrelated strangers one has never meet or interacted with -- is evolutionarily novel.

Data from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health support Kanazawa's hypothesis. Young adults who subjectively identify themselves as "very liberal" have an average IQ of 106 during adolescence while those who identify themselves as "very conservative" have an average IQ of 95 during adolescence, Kanazawa says.

Young adults who identify themselves as "not at all religious" have an average IQ of 103 during adolescence, while those who identify themselves as "very religious" have an average IQ of 97 during adolescence, Kanazawa says.

Higher IQ linked to liberalism, atheism - UPI.com

If the word "liberal" was changed to "white" and the word "conservative" was changed to "black", in a similar article/study, I have a feeling that the conclusion would be remarkably similar.

Talking about averages as pertaining to race is considered - rightfully - as racist.

Using political inclinations in the same context is just plain stupid.

one of the leaders of the tea party here in burley Idaho son is the valedictorian of his class
and his next door cousin won the car tech contest in boise which awards a 44000 dollar schollie . He will be competing in Minnesota at the national contest.

sorta blows that pommies theory out the window

No it doesnt.

anecdotal evidence is not science.

You just dont understand how sceince works

Last edited:
one of the leaders of the tea party here in burley Idaho son is the valedictorian of his class
and his next door cousin won the car tech contest in boise which awards a 44000 dollar schollie . He will be competing in Minnesota at the national contest.

No it doesnt.

You just dont understand who sceince works

Anybody who knows how science works knows that the so-called "study" refereed to in the OP is anti-scientific propaganda.

Yes.

yes kids can display liberal or conservative thinking patterns.

You see you dont have to understand the definition of a trait to disply it.

Some kids like new experiences and some kids shy away from new experiences.

That is a fact you can not deny.

What this study is showing is that there is a trendency for the kids with higher IQs to in the end align with the liberal veiws.

Now an IQ test is not the end all be all determiner for what smart is.

Its merely a guage of SOME intellect.

USC is a VERY smart man and predicted all the fucking mess you see arround you right now with amazing accuracy.

I have known him on these internets for ( damn its been a decade now usc) a decade.

The man has amassed wealth even a little rich girl like you could appreciate.

Cali he was born dirt poor and has helped more people than you have probably met in your life.

He is a better human being than you from everything I have seen of you two.

You could only wish to be his contempary ( but you wont).

I really wish you wanted to be his contempary.

He is a fine man and a good soul.

I LOVE YOU MAN usc.

Had not said it in awhile and sure enjoy your posts.

No it doesnt.

You just dont understand who sceince works

Anybody who knows how science works knows that the so-called "study" refereed to in the OP is anti-scientific propaganda.

see how you idiot cons shut out sceince when you dont like the results.

its why cons are less able to score high on intelligence tests.

The liberals value education if it is provided by unionized teachers, who should be correctly identified as "liberal indoctrinators". A teacher who who needs to be in a union, obviously does puts his nine-month work year, sprinkled with roughly a month's worth of holidays and vacation days, ahead of the interest and the education of children.

Why else would liberals be so afraid of and against school vouchers? Or home schooling, in spite of the clearly demonstrated results of charter schools and home education produces better results?

When the "right" uses the word "elitist" it describes liberals who have nothing but contempt, derision, mockery and disdain for everyone who does not live in the two coasts.

If luddly.neddite considers conservatives voting and having kids a problem, maybe he and his ilk should also consider to voting and - especially - fewer abortions.

Forum List

Back