Are humans really so smart?

Evolution is hardly done with us. If we manage to outlive our various foolishnesses, our daughter species may be enough smarter than us not be be a danger to their own existence.
Throughout history there have been some extremely smart people.

Moses comes to mind. He invented the Hebrew characters from Egyptian hieroglyphs and used them to record his many rules and laws and an account of his history in Egypt, Median, and Sinai. He also invented a narrative of his ancestors.

Homer also comes to mind, regarding the war chronicles of the Greeks against the Trojans which we call the Iliad, and also the adventure novel and love story which we call the Odyssey.

Egyptian mathematicians and geometricians as well, and Babylonian astronomers, and Egyptian and Greek physicians, and Greek philosophers, and scientists beginning with Galileo, etc. all come to mind.

We really have not exceeded the achievements of the Jewish nuclear scientists of the mid to late 20th Century again at any point.

So there is no reason for thinking intelligence grows with time.

Seeing how most humans believe in myths, are closed minded as fuck and elected Donald Trump...Well, I am starting to believe we're not.
Just look at all the threads on this site. What are people talking about? Not smart things. I too believe religion proves we aren't that smart but it's a big business and I don't want to ruin a good racket. Good for the economy
Religion is ancient and wicked and predates both Philosophy and Science by many millennia.

Compared to what? Anything based on our reality? Yes, yes we are.

Not really... I mean read this board and humans are living proof that retardation is rampant...
Humans are dumb. But when you compare to other living things, we are absolutely smart. Smarter than any other living thing. Which is scary.
If we are the "intelligent life" in the Universe, it doesn't have a chance in hell

Remember we are far from the Center of the Universe, so that is telling you that our place in the Universe is where the Special Needs child is at... I can not agree humans are more intelligent because at times even a dog knows how to sucker us into feeding it, so which one is smarter?
We can fly and clone animals
BOOM

Birds knew how to fly way before the first man learn they needed more than flapping arms to fly... Also cloning is wonderful if it were not for the mere fact we have yet to learn how to extend the life of the said clone...

So birds flew before us, and animals knew how to hump to carry on their gene pool and do not need cloning, and now it is your turn...
Insects hump too.

Right now in the springtime you can see bugs humping everywhere, especially ants and termites.

Not really... I mean read this board and humans are living proof that retardation is rampant...
Humans are dumb. But when you compare to other living things, we are absolutely smart. Smarter than any other living thing. Which is scary.
If we are the "intelligent life" in the Universe, it doesn't have a chance in hell

Remember we are far from the Center of the Universe, so that is telling you that our place in the Universe is where the Special Needs child is at... I can not agree humans are more intelligent because at times even a dog knows how to sucker us into feeding it, so which one is smarter?
BOOM
Growing cells like an ant grows aphids is not that complicated with machines like microscopes invented by Vanloowenhoek.

Last edited:
Seeing how most humans believe in myths, are closed minded as fuck and elected Donald Trump...Well, I am starting to believe we're not.
Just look at all the threads on this site. What are people talking about? Not smart things. I too believe religion proves we aren't that smart but it's a big business and I don't want to ruin a good racket. Good for the economy
Religion is ancient and wicked and predates both Philosophy and Science by many millennia.
Don't you think philosophy came first? People pondered and debated if there was a creator before they came up with religions.

They may not have known they were being philosophical

Dogs and cats prey upon our sympathies by fawning before us.

They will have already learned that we each are capable of succoring them and willing to do so. My cat is really smart at that.

Somehow my cat has even figured out that there is nothing on this Earth that I cannot kill therefore he feels safe around me when we are outside and not worried about dogs or humans. He takes charge of the other cats himself without my help.

As far as the center of the Universe, I don't think we have found that yet. We have seen billions of other galaxies darting in all directions away from us, none towards us, but I don't think we know where the center of it is.

The center of The Milky Way Galaxy is easy -- it is towards the south between the constellations of Sagittarius and Scorpio. There is a bright galactic cloud there.

Don't you think philosophy came first? People pondered and debated if there was a creator before they came up with religions.

Rudimentary Philosophy (I always capitalize this word) began with Hesiod in 8th Century BC Greece. A few years later Thales in Miletus formally formulated it and started the first school.

The Greek pantheon was in existence at least 1000 years already before Hesiod and Thales. And the Egyptian pantheon goes back even further than the Greeks'. Herodotus tells us the Greeks got their gods from the Egyptians.

Science was born the instant Galileo first pointed his newfangled telescope at the planet Jupiter.

They will have already learned that we each are capable of succoring them and willing to do so. My cat is really smart at that.

Somehow my cat has even figured out that there is nothing on this Earth that I cannot kill therefore he feels safe around me when we are outside and not worried about dogs or humans. He takes charge of the other cats himself without my help.

As far as the center of the Universe, I don't think we have found that yet. We have seen billions of other galaxies darting in all directions away from us, none towards us, but I don't think we know where the center of it is.

The center of The Milky Way Galaxy is easy -- it is towards the south between the constellations of Sagittarius and Scorpio. There is a bright galactic cloud there.
They have computer programs I think they've figured out where the big bang happened

There are two hypotheses about how Religion (I always capitalize this word too) was born.

The Hebrew explanation is from Moses with the story of the Garden Of Eden.

Modern socio-scientific explanation is that it evolved out of superstition and then was latched upon by kings to control their peoples.

They have computer programs I think they've figured out where the big bang happened
Link??

Religion is wicked? Not necessarily.

Religion predates philosophy? Oh yeah? Based on what?

Religion predates science too? Oh yeah? Based on what?

I don't think anyone knows what came first between any of these things. But I wouldn't be surprised if early man wasn't observing his world and experimenting with simple tools and what they eat or use before he/she worried about God or philosophy.

Rudimentary Philosophy (I always capitalize this word) began with Hesiod in 8th Century BC Greece. A few years later Thales in Miletus formally formulated it and started the first school.

The Greek pantheon was in existence at least 1000 years already before Hesiod and Thales. And the Egyptian pantheon goes back even further than the Greeks'. Herodotus tells us the Greeks got their gods from the Egyptians.

Science was born the instant Galileo first pointed his newfangled telescope at the planet Jupiter.

What do you think philosophy is? If it is the study of truth and nature then it could be that philosophy existed eons before the 8th century BC. Do you think that thousands of years before that early man could have begun to wonder what the hell is going on.

Science is considered by some to be the study of the natural world and experimenting with everything around them. At what point did early man discover the use of fire? Now THAT IMHO was the beginning of science.

Evolution is hardly done with us. If we manage to outlive our various foolishnesses, our daughter species may be enough smarter than us not be be a danger to their own existence.
One can only hope for the humans are the only species that hasn't yet evolved to be incapable of obliviating itself and all other species.

Humans are not smart any more. When language was implanted in them, it fried their brains. I don't even understand why so much trash and no collection on this planet.

BOOM

Birds knew how to fly way before the first man learn they needed more than flapping arms to fly... Also cloning is wonderful if it were not for the mere fact we have yet to learn how to extend the life of the said clone...

So birds flew before us, and animals knew how to hump to carry on their gene pool and do not need cloning, and now it is your turn...
Really?

Birds know how to fly instinctively and are adapted to it.

We actually are not, yet we figured out how to do so.

Do you understand the difference?

Throughout history there have been some extremely smart people.

Moses comes to mind. He invented the Hebrew characters from Egyptian hieroglyphs and used them to record his many rules and laws and an account of his history in Egypt, Median, and Sinai. He also invented a narrative of his ancestors.

Homer also comes to mind, regarding the war chronicles of the Greeks against the Trojans which we call the Iliad, and also the adventure novel and love story which we call the Odyssey.

Egyptian mathematicians and geometricians as well, and Babylonian astronomers, and Egyptian and Greek physicians, and Greek philosophers, and scientists beginning with Galileo, etc. all come to mind.

We really have not exceeded the achievements of the Jewish nuclear scientists of the mid to late 20th Century again at any point.

So there is no reason for thinking intelligence grows with time.
In a daughter species, there is no reason that they would not be more intelligent. After all, we are demonstrably more intelligent than Homo Erectus.

Forum List

Back