Are Children A Part Of The Gay Marriage Conversation?

To what degree are children a part of the gay-marriage conversation?

• They are THE concern of marriage. Marriage was mainly created for their benefit after all.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Part of the conversation for sure. But in the end the adult civil rights trump them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat part of the conversation, but only a secondary role.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Marriage is for and about adults. Kids will accept what they have to.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Homosexuals want to play house perverting the intent of nature and nature's God. Then they want to pervert the laws of nature and say they are parents.

I really don't care what they do to each other, but leading Children to hell, and/or using them as props to play Ward and Jude Cleaver is sick.

This is an evil world and I realize that there are things I might not be able to change right now; the redeeming thought is that their children will hate them. :)
And this is why we have a Constitution and its case law, to protect citizens from having this sort of ignorance, fear, stupidity, and hate codified.

No, kids are not part of the equation of marriage. And your poll is skewed and biased.

If the children are in a bad home, get them out. Whether or not the parent is single or gay doesn't mean anything.

Kids are the central focus of marriage. Society subsidizes marriage. I have absolutely zero interest in subsidizing someone's marriage just because they love someone. Love is a personal matter, but social support involves an obligation.

As for pulling kids from homes, we've already gone too far on that front - child social service agents are often causing more family damage than they prevent. Normal parents are better than homosexual parents.

Your post is all over the place. I'm not even sure what point you were trying to make.

Homosexuals want to play house perverting the intent of nature and nature's God. Then they want to pervert the laws of nature and say they are parents.

I really don't care what they do to each other, but leading Children to hell, and/or using them as props to play Ward and Jude Cleaver is sick.

This is an evil world and I realize that there are things I might not be able to change right now; the redeeming thought is that their children will hate them. :)

Can you believe people used to ride around on dinosaurs man?

What a crazy world we live in.

I would not be such a nuthin, my head all full of stuffin... Nice straw man, want me to make one too?

If all those people had been Homosexuals, we would not be here.

They can never see beyond their shoe laces.

And this is why we have a Constitution and its case law, to protect citizens from having this sort of ignorance, fear, stupidity, and hate codified.

CLICK You just got trapped.

Locked in on the word "hate" did we?

I was talking about the common experience of parents and teenagers. This phenomena knows no boundaries.

Fools rush in...

I would not be such a nuthin, my head all full of stuffin... Nice straw man, want me to make one too?

You're right. But would we be here if terrified conservatives were in charge and humankind had never advanced so as to not risk safety?

And I have to doubletap on this stupid post.

If Liberals don't obey the Constitution, why does anyone else!?!?!?!?

How does one mess up so badly in one post?

You're right. But would we be here if terrified conservatives were in charge and humankind had never advanced so as to not risk safety?

I am right.
I am most often correct.
I endeavor to be accurate
And..., unlike you, I have a superior command of the language.

I am right.
I am most often correct.

Oh okay you're a megalomaniac. I take it all back sir keep on advocating for the Republican party :thup:

Enjoy the results :thup:

No, kids are not part of the equation of marriage. And your poll is skewed and biased.

If the children are in a bad home, get them out. Whether or not the parent is single or gay doesn't mean anything.

Kids are the central focus of marriage. Society subsidizes marriage. I have absolutely zero interest in subsidizing someone's marriage just because they love someone. Love is a personal matter, but social support involves an obligation.

As for pulling kids from homes, we've already gone too far on that front - child social service agents are often causing more family damage than they prevent. Normal parents are better than homosexual parents.

Your post is all over the place. I'm not even sure what point you were trying to make.
I was just trying to respond to the points you raised. Children are at the heart of marriage, so I disagreeing with your claim that children have no part of the equation of marriage.

A childless married couple doesn't deserve any recognition or reward or benefit under law from society. We grant these based on the old model of children being a natural outcome of being married. Our laws and social institutions are now out of step with technology and social customs. The fact that you love your spouse is a private affair and isn't deserving of any special benefit from society. Your state of being married doesn't return any benefit to strangers who support you via marriage benefits. When you have children, that's when you're giving something back to society and so also deserve recognition and encouragement and benefit from the rest of us.

Is my argument clearer now?

You should take your act on the comedy circuit.

You should take your act on the comedy circuit.

A lot of truth is said in jest.

I am right.
I am most often correct.

Oh okay you're a megalomaniac. I take it all back sir keep on advocating for the Republican party :thup:

Enjoy the results :thup:

No, I am logical.

I used to support the GOP until they became the GOProgressives.

Judge my personality as you wish but please try to read my words more critically.

If you were to look at the Thurs jobs report, none of us are enjoying the results.

But do carry on...

I was just trying to respond to the points you raised. Children are at the heart of marriage, so I disagreeing with your claim that children have no part of the equation of marriage.

A childless married couple doesn't deserve any recognition or reward or benefit under law from society. We grant these based on the old model of children being a natural outcome of being married. Our laws and social institutions are now out of step with technology and social customs. The fact that you love your spouse is a private affair and isn't deserving of any special benefit from society. Your state of being married doesn't return any benefit to strangers who support you via marriage benefits. When you have children, that's when you're giving something back to society and so also deserve recognition and encouragement and benefit from the rest of us.

It's been abundantly clear that your argument fails.

Procreation is not a prerequisite for marriage.

In every hearing on the subject those hostile to the equal protection rights of same-sex couples have failed time and again to produce any objective, documented evidence that children in families headed by same-sex parents are in any way 'at risk.' Consequently, the status of children is in no way relevant to the issue of allowing same-sex couples to access to marriage law or to be allowed to either have children of their own or adopt, where the appropriateness of a given adoption should be determined on a case by case basis.

Last, a childless married couple is deserving of the same recognition, reward, and benefit from society as a fact of law, where to argue otherwise is ignorant and unfounded.

Dope and Gay consumed the Forum that I used to post on.

I am done here for now.
Translation:

“My 'arguments' predicated on ignorance, fear, stupidity, and hate have failed on this forum as on all the others.”

Wrong again zippy, I am beginning to like this place.
Sound good.

And as long as you continue to post ignorant, hateful nonsense such as this:

“I really don't care what they do to each other, but leading Children to hell, and/or using them as props to play Ward and Jude Cleaver is sick.”

You'll continue to be judged by your words.

In every hearing on the subject those hostile to the equal protection rights of same-sex couples have failed time and again to produce any objective, documented evidence that children in families headed by same-sex parents are in any way 'at risk.' Consequently, the status of children is in no way relevant to the issue of allowing same-sex couples to access to marriage law or to be allowed to either have children of their own or adopt, where the appropriateness of a given adoption should be determined on a case by case basis.

I have to admire chutzpah. If you can't make it, then fake it. Failed to produce huh? Here's a massive study from Canada which looked at the issue honestly and wasn't led by ideological researchers who cooked the books. This sample size here is 20% of Canadians.

Almost all studies of same-sex parenting have concluded there is “no difference” in a range of outcome measures for children who live in a household with same-sex parents compared to children living with married opposite-sex parents. Recently, some work based on the US census has suggested otherwise, but those studies have considerable drawbacks. Here, a 20 % sample of the 2006 Canada census is used to identify self-reported children living with same-sex parents, and to examine the association of household type with children’s high school graduation rates. This large random sample allows for control of parental marital status, distinguishes between gay and lesbian families, and is large enough to evaluate differences in gender between parents and children. Children living with gay and lesbian families in 2006 were about 65 % as likely to graduate compared to children living in opposite sex marriage families. Daughters of same-sex parents do considerably worse than sons.

Last, a childless married couple is deserving of the same recognition, reward, and benefit from society as a fact of law, where to argue otherwise is ignorant and unfounded.

Who gives a damn about fact of law? Fact of law can be changed by legislature. Oops, there goes your argument.

I don't believe this topic belongs in our political discourse. I am not a fag but at the same time if I were I would have the opinion that it's none of the government's business.

Good luck to the two dudes trying to get each other pregnant. I'm fine with them thinking that anal homosexual sex is the way to go, but once they figure out that it's not going to work, then they're going to have to go outside of their "marriage" in order to get a child and then it does becomes society's business.

What a startling revelation! lol. I am pretty sure the gay community is well aware that they can't have children naturally with each other.

I have to admire chutzpah. If you can't make it, then fake it. Failed to produce huh? Here's a massive study from Canada which looked at the issue honestly and wasn't led by ideological researchers who cooked the books. This sample size here is 20% of Canadians.

Almost all studies of same-sex parenting have concluded there is “no difference” in a range of outcome measures for children who live in a household with same-sex parents compared to children living with married opposite-sex parents. Recently, some work based on the US census has suggested otherwise, but those studies have considerable drawbacks. Here, a 20 % sample of the 2006 Canada census is used to identify self-reported children living with same-sex parents, and to examine the association of household type with children’s high school graduation rates. This large random sample allows for control of parental marital status, distinguishes between gay and lesbian families, and is large enough to evaluate differences in gender between parents and children. Children living with gay and lesbian families in 2006 were about 65 % as likely to graduate compared to children living in opposite sex marriage families. Daughters of same-sex parents do considerably worse than sons.

Who gives a damn about fact of law? Fact of law can be changed by legislature. Oops, there goes your argument.
Incorrect.

It's not 'my' argument, its the argument made before, and held up by, both state and Federal courts.

The courts have thoroughly reviewed the issue and have determined that there is no objective, documented evidence in support of the notion that children are 'at risk' in families headed by same-sex parents.

For example:

"A cross-sectional study of children raised by gay couples, the largest of its kind, found that the kids are all right — and are, by some measures, doing even better than their peers. Conducted by University of Melbourne researchers, the survey followed 315 same-sex couples, mostly lesbians, and their 500 children, using a variety of standardized measures to compare their health and well-being to the general Australian population."

World 8217 s largest study on same-sex parents finds kids are healthier and happier than peers - Salon.com

Also incorrect.

Law-making bodies are subject to the Constitution and its case law, where measures enacted that are repugnant to the Constitution are invalidated by the courts – as authorized by the relevant jurisprudence, such as measures seeking to deny same-sex couples their equal protection rights.

Forum List

Back