Are Blacks More Racist Than Whites? Most Americans Say Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
.So t me play your game with you.

Congress voted in 2006 to extend the black right to vote for 25 more yeas. So can one of you good republican conservative non racist whites facing the same racism as blacks explain to me when does provisions of white peoples right to vote come before congress for renewal?

They voted in 2006 to extend the protective provisions, not the black right to vote. The right to vote for minorities was never up for renewal.

That being said, why do any "protective provisions" need to be on the table?

Why can't all Americans vote under the same guidelines without protective provisions even being necessary?

I would ask the same question. I don't think they're necessary any longer myself. I was merely pointing out that IM2 seems to think that without the provisions being renewed, blacks lose the right to vote and that is simply not true.

That is true. I know whites such as you want everyone to believe in the pretense you do, but as we see with the SCOTUS decision, when provisions of the voting rights act are taken away, suddenly legislation pop up that makes it harder for blacks to vote. And don't ask the standard dumb ass question like you don't know where it happens.

Still going around and around and around here I see... LOL.

Listen, because of the provisions provided to the blacks over the years, and this in order to get them up to speed in everything that is available as American, we have had many whites over these years who had to sacrifice a huge amount in order to make it all happen for them. Fact !!!!

Blacks who are disrespectful of this today, in my opinion is a very deplorable thing. Whites who are disrespectful of this is also a deplorable thing.

The wealthy whites and wealthy blacks who were able to escape the forced melting pot back in the 60's, couldn't take their entire cultures along with them (i.e.when they both scattered like flies from the government demands to come together by forcing them too), so many who weren't wealthy were left behind to basically be subjected to conforming in the situation, yet sadly many were abused either by a black vengeful reverse racism if were the case against the whites who made vulnerable as individuals, and who wanted to retain their white culture or on the otherside be abused by white racism in the situation if were the case against those blacks who were also made vulnerable as independent thinkers or individuals that wanted to retain their African culture in the situation. Both sides gave up alot, and should be respected for it.

Now on both sides you had those who were more than willing to work it out, but alot of abuse went on as well in the entire situation for both sides that were affected.

People made vulnerable on either side of the isle suffered in the situation, and to not understand this just leads to more racism that is then directed at either side, and this from either side at any given instance in it all.

Right now we have vulnerabilities on both sides that are still suffering abuse in the situations, and we have those taking advantage of those vulnerabilities from both sides... I'm not sure where it will all end up over time.

The wealthy on both sides were able to escape, but the subjects ended up carrying the heaviest load in it all.

Cultural rot is the biggest thing going today, where as people's cultures are being diluted, banned, changed, reconformed, outlawed, and even killed off.

How to respect each other does lay within the proper education, jobs, ethics, morals, respect for the law, and to have standards that most if not all can somehow agree upon.

Create a police force that truly is tuned into the communities in which they work, and break down the storm trooper look. Quit hiring bullies that we're bullies before they ever came to a police job in life. These kinds of characters can be spotted a mile away by their stance, character, and actions in life. It's time to lose the storm trooper look, and be more friendly looking, and be more tuned to the character within the society in which one is dealing with on a daily basis.

If can't change that, then pick the leadership very carefully so they can change it. We don't need storm troopers as cops on the street. Now with that said, we don't need a citizenship that tries to set up the cops when that citizenship decides to be corrupt in order to get it's way, and refuses to abide by the laws. This ain't good either.

*This country needs to go back in time to a time when race relations we're best, and they were getting better, then study it, revisit it, and go from there.

Come on people, it ain't rocket science.

Birth rates are also a huge factor in it all, where as if the government is involved, then we all are screwed. This has been proven over time. We need to get government out of the business of conforming this nation into what it wants instead of what the people want. To many highjackers taking control of government in which over time has been empowering the wrong people who want to reverse years and years of sacrifice and struggles in this country.

Don't see Trump as a divider, but more of a uniter of all Americans (as a footnote), but that's just my thoughts on that.

Now how we all somehow work together, and preserve our unique cultures should be the quest going foward in order to wrap it all up. It can be done, and it can be respected by all if done right.

*When was this?

Whites have sacrificed nothing. FACT!!

Unbelievable. We all know that the "provisions" were to ensure that certain "practices and barriers that "affected" the overall right of people who were historically disenfranchised to vote were controlled.

Although the "provisions" were not the actual voting rights act, they were a component of ensuring that the "process" of voting was equal in areas where it had a history of inequality.

Certain racist assholes will nit pick and play semantics anyway possible in order to deflect.

The voting rights of blacks do not come up for renewal.

That is not nitpicking.

What he is trying to imply, not state openly, because then it can be easily refuted,

is that without special federal oversight, evil white racists would end black voting as per the Jim Crow South, of several generations ago.

What gets me, is that in saying that, he is utterly insulting the whites of this country, yet the libs are happy to just accept it.

Calling them "Cucks" is really making more and more sense to me.

I did not state that voting rights are coming up for renewal. Neither did he state that directly.

In a sense, that's exactly what he did. Here is what he said:

"... explain to me when does white peoples right to vote come before congress for renewal?"

That was a question. And actually was a civilized question. How is that a "smear" to the entire whiten population of this country?

I didn't say anything about a smear. I'm just pointing out that, in effect, he was saying that the black right to vote was up for renewal and it was not.

If he knew that it was the provisions up for renewal and not the black right to vote, then why ask the question as to when the white right to vote comes before Congress for renewal? Wouldn't that be irrelevant considering that neither the white nor black right to vote was at issue?

I understand the difference between the provisions and the right to vote. The provisions were apparently necessary to protect the process that is necessary to be able to vote for minorities.

I think what is in question here is why can't the process that affects the vote be the same for all....with NO provisions? That would be honest equality.

Last edited:
A Dream Undone
Inside the 50-year campaign to roll back the Voting Rights Act.
By JIM RUTENBERG JULY 29, 2015

What changed this state of affairs was the passage, 50 years ago this month, of the Voting Rights Act. Signed on Aug. 6, 1965, it was meant to correct “a clear and simple wrong,” as Lyndon Johnson said. “Millions of Americans are denied the right to vote because of their color. This law will ensure them the right to vote.” It eliminated literacy tests and other Jim Crow tactics, and — in a key provision called Section 5 — required North Carolina and six other states with histories of black disenfranchisement to submit any future change in statewide voting law, no matter how small, for approval by federal authorities in Washington. No longer would the states be able to invent clever new ways to suppress the vote. Johnson called the legislation “one of the most monumental laws in the entire history of American freedom,” and not without justification. By 1968, just three years after the Voting Rights Act became law, black registration had increased substantially across the South, to 62 percent. Frye himself became a beneficiary of the act that same year when, after a close election, he became the first black state representative to serve in the North Carolina General Assembly since Reconstruction.

In the decades that followed, Frye and hundreds of other new black legislators built on the promise of the Voting Rights Act, not just easing access to the ballot but finding ways to actively encourage voting, with new state laws allowing people to register at the Department of Motor Vehicles and public-assistance offices; to register and vote on the same day; to have ballots count even when filed in the wrong precinct; to vote by mail; and, perhaps most significant, to vote weeks before Election Day. All of those advances were protected by the Voting Rights Act, and they helped black registration increase steadily. In 2008, for the first time, black turnout was nearly equal to white turnout, and Barack Obama was elected the nation’s first black president.

Since then, however, the legal trend has abruptly reversed. In 2010, Republicans flipped control of 11 state legislatures and, raising the specter of voter fraud, began undoing much of the work of Frye and subsequent generations of state legislators. They rolled back early voting, eliminated same-day registration, disqualified ballots filed outside home precincts and created new demands for photo ID at polling places. In 2013, the Supreme Court, in the case of Shelby County v. Holder, directly countermanded the Section 5 authority of the Justice Department to dispute any of these changes in the states Section 5 covered. Chief Justice John Roberts Jr., writing for the majority, declared that the Voting Rights Act had done its job, and it was time to move on. Republican state legislators proceeded with a new round of even more restrictive voting laws.

All of these seemingly sudden changes were a result of a little-known part of the American civil rights story. It involves a largely Republican countermovement of ideologues and partisan operatives who, from the moment the Voting Rights Act became law, methodically set out to undercut or dismantle its most important requirements. The story of that decades-long battle over the iconic law’s tenets and effects has rarely been told, but in July many of its veteran warriors met in a North Carolina courthouse to argue the legality of a new state voting law that the Brennan Center for Justice at the New York University Law School has called one of the “most restrictive since the Jim Crow era.” The decision, which is expected later this year, could determine whether the civil rights movement’s signature achievement is still justified 50 years after its signing, or if the movement itself is finished.

A Dream Undone

The voting rights of blacks do not come up for renewal.

That is not nitpicking.

What he is trying to imply, not state openly, because then it can be easily refuted,

is that without special federal oversight, evil white racists would end black voting as per the Jim Crow South, of several generations ago.

What gets me, is that in saying that, he is utterly insulting the whites of this country, yet the libs are happy to just accept it.

Calling them "Cucks" is really making more and more sense to me.

I did not state that voting rights are coming up for renewal. Neither did he state that directly.

"... explain to me when does white peoples right to vote come before congress for renewal?"

That was a question. And actually was a civilized question. How is that a "smear" to the entire whiten population of this country?

I didn't say anything about a smear. I'm just pointing out that, in effect, he was saying that the black right to vote was up for renewal and it was not.

If he knew that it was the provisions up for renewal and not the black right to vote, then why ask the question as to when the white right to vote comes before Congress for renewal? Wouldn't that be irrelevant considering that neither the white nor black right to vote was at issue?

Those provisions are why we can vote.

Again, incorrect. The provisions were put in place to prohibit specific actions that were used before to stifle the black vote such as requiring a reading test or proof of residency. Without these provisions, a state or local government could legally impose these requirements whereby the blacks' ability to vote would be hindered while at the same time claim that minorities technically still had the right to vote in their states.

So the question I asked was valid. The 15th amendment was not followed so stop pretending that it gave us the right to vote. Until those provisions were made we did not have the right to vote. Since you guys want to talk shit. then you whites here tell me when a second amendment in the constitution was added to insure that the rights of whites to vote were enforced.

If the question is whether or not the 15th was followed then you are correct, it was not always followed. But if the question is whether or not blacks had the right to vote, the answer is yes.

Congress voted in 2006 to extend the black right to vote for 25 more yeas. So can one of you good republican conservative non racist whites facing the same racism as blacks explain to me when does provisions of white peoples right to vote come before congress for renewal?

They voted in 2006 to extend the protective provisions, not the black right to vote. The right to vote for minorities was never up for renewal.

Why can't all Americans vote under the same guidelines without protective provisions even being necessary?

I would ask the same question. I don't think they're necessary any longer myself. I was merely pointing out that IM2 seems to think that without the provisions being renewed, blacks lose the right to vote and that is simply not true.

That is true. I know whites such as you want everyone to believe in the pretense you do, but as we see with the SCOTUS decision, when provisions of the voting rights act are taken away, suddenly legislation pop up that makes it harder for blacks to vote. And don't ask the standard dumb ass question like you don't know where it happens.

What legislation makes it harder for blacks to vote?

And don't ask the standard dumb ass question like you don't know where it happens.

Read the linked article.

Again, incorrect. The provisions were put in place to prohibit specific actions that were used before to stifle the black vote such as requiring a reading test or proof of residency. Without these provisions, a state or local government could legally impose these requirements whereby the blacks' ability to vote would be hindered while at the same time claim that minorities technically still had the right to vote in their states.

So the question I asked was valid. The 15th amendment was not followed so stop pretending that it gave us the right to vote. Until those provisions were made we did not have the right to vote. Since you guys want to talk shit. then you whites here tell me when a second amendment in the constitution was added to insure that the rights of whites to vote were enforced.

If the question is whether or not the 15th was followed then you are correct, it was not always followed. But if the question is whether or not blacks had the right to vote, the answer is yes.

Signed on Aug. 6, 1965, it was meant to correct “a clear and simple wrong,” as Lyndon Johnson said. “Millions of Americans are denied the right to vote because of their color. This law will ensure them the right to vote.”

Listen, because of the provisions provided to the blacks over the years, and this in order to get them up to speed in everything that is available as American, we have had many whites over these years who had to sacrifice a huge amount in order to make it all happen for them. Fact !!!!

Blacks who are disrespectful of this today, in my opinion is a very deplorable thing. Whites who are disrespectful of this is also a deplorable thing.

The wealthy whites and wealthy blacks who were able to escape the forced melting pot back in the 60's, couldn't take their entire cultures along with them (i.e.when they both scattered like flies from the government demands to come together by forcing them too), so many who weren't wealthy were left behind to basically be subjected to conforming in the situation, yet sadly many were abused either by a black vengeful reverse racism if were the case against the whites who made vulnerable as individuals, and who wanted to retain their white culture or on the otherside be abused by white racism in the situation if were the case against those blacks who were also made vulnerable as independent thinkers or individuals that wanted to retain their African culture in the situation. Both sides gave up alot, and should be respected for it.

Now on both sides you had those who were more than willing to work it out, but alot of abuse went on as well in the entire situation for both sides that were affected.

People made vulnerable on either side of the isle suffered in the situation, and to not understand this just leads to more racism that is then directed at either side, and this from either side at any given instance in it all.

Right now we have vulnerabilities on both sides that are still suffering abuse in the situations, and we have those taking advantage of those vulnerabilities from both sides... I'm not sure where it will all end up over time.

The wealthy on both sides were able to escape, but the subjects ended up carrying the heaviest load in it all.

Cultural rot is the biggest thing going today, where as people's cultures are being diluted, banned, changed, reconformed, outlawed, and even killed off.

How to respect each other does lay within the proper education, jobs, ethics, morals, respect for the law, and to have standards that most if not all can somehow agree upon.

Create a police force that truly is tuned into the communities in which they work, and break down the storm trooper look. Quit hiring bullies that we're bullies before they ever came to a police job in life. These kinds of characters can be spotted a mile away by their stance, character, and actions in life. It's time to lose the storm trooper look, and be more friendly looking, and be more tuned to the character within the society in which one is dealing with on a daily basis.

If can't change that, then pick the leadership very carefully so they can change it. We don't need storm troopers as cops on the street. Now with that said, we don't need a citizenship that tries to set up the cops when that citizenship decides to be corrupt in order to get it's way, and refuses to abide by the laws. This ain't good either.

*This country needs to go back in time to a time when race relations we're best, and they were getting better, then study it, revisit it, and go from there.

Birth rates are also a huge factor in it all, where as if the government is involved, then we all are screwed. This has been proven over time. We need to get government out of the business of conforming this nation into what it wants instead of what the people want. To many highjackers taking control of government in which over time has been empowering the wrong people who want to reverse years and years of sacrifice and struggles in this country.

Don't see Trump as a divider, but more of a uniter of all Americans (as a footnote), but that's just my thoughts on that.

Now how we all somehow work together, and preserve our unique cultures should be the quest going foward in order to wrap it all up. It can be done, and it can be respected by all if done right.

*When was this?

Do you realize that this statement makes you a stone cold racist, and therefore negates all your bullcrap talking points throughout this thread ? Whites sacrificed nothing, are you kidding me ? Pathetic !

Signed on Aug. 6, 1965, it was meant to correct “a clear and simple wrong,” as Lyndon Johnson said. “Millions of Americans are denied the right to vote because of their color. This law will ensure them the right to vote.”
Not only color, but gender as in female as well. All corrected.

*When was this?

Do you realize that this statement makes you a stone cold racist, and therefore negates all your bullcrap talking points throughout this thread ? Whites sacrificed nothing, are you kidding me ? Pathetic !

No this does not make me a stone cold racist. What exactly have whites sacrificed so that people of color could get the same rights whites gave themselves?

*When was this?

No this does not make me a stone cold racist. What exactly have whites sacrificed so that people of color could get the same rights whites gave themselves?
Quit making a fool of yourself, please.

Not only color, but gender as in female as well. All corrected.

White women were granted the right to vote in 1920.

*When was this?

Quit making a fool of yourself, please.

Answer the damn question. If I am making a fool out of myself you should be able to present evidence of what whites have sacrificed.

And don't ask the standard dumb ass question like you don't know where it happens.

Read the linked article.

There's no article linked here.

Johnson was talking about the Voting Rights Act itself, not the provisions.

OK so we have read all the posts avoiding the central issue. This thread is named Are Blacks More Racist Than Whites? Most Americans Say Yes. So we shall continue playing your game and ask when has there ever been a amendment to the constitution with provisions protecting the rights of whites to vote.

Read the linked article.

There's no article linked here.

Try looking at post 1924

Wrong.

When has there ever been a amendment to the constitution with provisions protecting the rights of whites to vote?

Wrong.

When has there ever been a amendment to the constitution with provisions protecting the rights of whites to vote?

There never has been and any idiot knows this. The point is, the provisions do not provide that right, they only protect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back