Are Blacks Americans too?

1790 Census: Heads of families at the second ... - Google Books

Lemuel Haynes: FREE WHITE MALE

Wentworth Cheswell: FREE WHITE MALE

Glenn Beck won't tell you that part, LittleLogic.

No mention of Lemuel Haynes or Wentworth Chesswell in the link you provided.

Go figure.
Every time I start a conversation with you, never fails -- three posts in, I always ask myself why why why?

And again, Here I am again.

I could have figured you are too fucking dense to even read a linked census report.

I read the entire link you provided and no mention of either of the two men was made.

Perhaps you should read your own links.

And to answer your question as to why you start a conversation with me. Well apparently you like having your ass handed to you.

1790 Census: Heads of families at the second ... - Google Books

Lemuel Haynes: FREE WHITE MALE

Wentworth Cheswell: FREE WHITE MALE

Glenn Beck won't tell you that part, LittleLogic.

Go figure.
Every time I start a conversation with you, never fails -- three posts in, I always ask myself why why why?

I could have figured you are too fucking dense to even read a linked census report.

We must be crazy.

Maybe our ancestors were Black Jews from France in New Orleans that did not die from Yellow Fever?

Go figure.

I read the entire link you provided and no mention of either of the two men was made.

It's true. You really are unable to read a Census Report.

Anyone else?

Maybe they can show you plain as day: the name Lemuel Haynes, listed as: FREE WHITE MALE

Heads of families at the second ... - Google Books

The other link was from a PBS special and also the man who knows Wentworth more than anyone else in the country, and examined thousands of records for the Thesis. You really think he LIED about him being listed as in the 1790, 1900 and 1810 census as Free White? Christalmighty. Get a damn Ancestry account and look it up for yourself.

Stop being such an idiot/

It's true. You really are unable to read a Census Report.

Anyone else?

Maybe they can show you plain as day: the name Lemuel Haynes, listed as: FREE WHITE MALE

Heads of families at the second ... - Google Books

The other link was from a PBS special and also the man who knows Wentworth more than anyone else in the country, and examined thousands of records for the Thesis. You really think he LIED about him being listed as in the 1790, 1900 and 1810 census as Free White? Christalmighty. Get a damn Ancestry account and look it up for yourself.

Stop being such an idiot/

There is no Lemuel Haynes listed. There is a James Haynes, John Haynes and a Lemuel Hawley but NO LEMUEL HAYNES!

OK. One thing I need to clear up.

He was listed as Lemuel HANES.

As FREE WHITE.

Rutland County, Vermont 1790 Census [G to O] D to H

Rutland County - 1790censusotherfreepersons

1791 Census: Slave Holders, Other Free Persons and Slaves - Addison County - Vermont* > *Rutland County* > *

Lemuel Hanes - 1790censusotherfreepersons

Lemuel Hanes

Listed in the 1791 Rutland, Rutland County census as Lemuel Hanes with two white males over 16, one male 16 and under, and five females.
in 1810 as Lemuel Hanes with one white male between 16 and 26 and thirteen other free persons. In 1820 he is still living in Rutland and listed as Lemuel Haynes with one white male under 10, one white male 16-26, two white males 26-45, one white female 16-26, one white female 26-45.

Again: Does he look like a "negro" to you?

Portrait of Lemuel Haynes

from Haynes himself, as he described it:

"he lived with the people of Rutland thirty years, and they were so sagacious that at the end of that time they found out that he was a ******, and so turned him away."

I'm telling you he was listed as Free White Male - and that's how he was seen. Some links I can't show you, cause they are part of Ancestry and other paid services, but this stuff I know: I'm telling you. Don't believe it if you don't want.

It's a matter of factual record.

As FREE WHITE.

1791 Census: Slave Holders, Other Free Persons and Slaves - Addison County - Vermont* > *Rutland County* > *

Lemuel Hanes

Listed in the 1791 Rutland, Rutland County census as Lemuel Hanes with two white males over 16, one male 16 and under, and five females.
in 1810 as Lemuel Hanes with one white male between 16 and 26 and thirteen other free persons. In 1820 he is still living in Rutland and listed as Lemuel Haynes with one white male under 10, one white male 16-26, two white males 26-45, one white female 16-26, one white female 26-45.

"he lived with the people of Rutland thirty years, and they were so sagacious that at the end of that time they found out that he was a ******, and so turned him away."

I'm telling you he was listed as Free White Male - and that's how he was seen. Some links I can't show you, cause they are part of Ancestry and other paid services, but this stuff I know: I'm telling you. Don't believe it if you don't want.

He was African American.

As FREE WHITE.

Lemuel Hanes

He was African American.
Yes he was.

When have I ever said otherwise?

But....both Lemuel and Cheswell

were seen, treated and counted as Free Whites in their time.

Sure, you, and your Beckian friends know they were African American now.

Most people who interacted with these folks didn't know it then.
As were the many "negro" black slaveholders you like to point to so often, who were more than often mulattoes, and so light skinned you could never tell them apart from your sister.

Do you understand why little facts like that matter?

Last edited:
That's been a most entertaining little historical argument. Now, could you explain to me precisely what difference it would make to a slave what the precise racial background of the man who owned him like a cow or a mule might be? Would that make a whipping less painful;, or being as free as a dog on a chain more tolerable? There are plenty of historical records that indicate that slavery as practiced in America was quite often as benign as such an institution can be; did that make it any less degrading to the subject of the exercise? I mean, you can polish a turd, put it in a fancy wrapper, and call it chocolate mousse, but at the end of the day, it still smells like a turd, and it still is a turd.

As FREE WHITE.

Lemuel Hanes

He was African American.
Yes he was.

As were the many "negro" black slaveholders you like to point to so often, who were more than often mulattoes, and so light skinned you could never tell them apart from your sister.

You haven't said othewise. Which makes me wonder why the fuck you even started this discussion.

I listed African Americans of whom some hold a historical significance and you start this shit about how light their skin was. Fact is these men were African American no matter how light skinned you claim they were.

Out of all the black slave owners I doubt they were all light skinned as you claim and you have no way to prove they were.

Are texans American,cause there's a hellava lot of mexicans in texes.

My wife just happens to be of Mexican decent, or partially of Mexican decent, and she was born in Texas. You have a problem with that? I do believe since she was an Army brat and an Army wife she may be more American than you are.

if white people dont believe the president is an america than how in the world are they gonna believe blacks are americans.

if white people dont believe the president is an america than how in the world are they gonna believe blacks are americans.

Can all whites be Americans when they emigrated from europe,I bet half of them aren't legal americans to this day.Then they should be deported back where they came from.:clap2::clap2:

He was African American.
Yes he was.

You haven't said othewise. Which makes me wonder why the fuck you even started this discussion.

I listed African Americans of whom some hold a historical significance and you start this shit about how light their skin was. Fact is these men were African American no matter how light skinned you claim they were.

Out of all the black slave owners I doubt they were all light skinned as you claim and you have no way to prove they were.
He's a light-skinned Negro passing as a white man.

Are texans American,cause there's a hellava lot of mexicans in texes.

My wife just happens to be of Mexican decent, or partially of Mexican decent, and she was born in Texas. You have a problem with that? I do believe since she was an Army brat and an Army wife she may be more American than you are.

Say,Buck sargent,I believe she's posing as an amelican,so she's only 1/4

Yes he was.

and he's getting away with it too,cause he has you fooled.

When you live in a country that once had in their law books, in their original Constitution of all places, that you are or were once 3/5ths of a person and worth less then non-living products, when you live in a country that once had in their law books, that if anyone attempted to teach you to read was a crime worthy of severe punishment...you tend to have a different view of the original laws and foundation/founders of that country.

Just saying.
bump8.jpg

and he's getting away with it too,cause he has you fooled.

You responded to your own post dumb ass.

Forum List

Back