Zone1 Are Asian-Americans “The New Jews”?

No, I linked to an article that examined the latest research and concluded a greater role for environment than “some extent”. I think your are trying to diminish that.
And I posted research that shows intelligence is primarily inherited.

A good analogy would be athletic ability: it is largely inherited, and nurturing can help bring that out. But if you haven’t inherited that ability, no amount of nurturing will make you a champion.

For example, I was a good skater in my younger days. I took a liking to it, and my parents paid for lessons - from age 8 all the way to high school. I got really good, and performed in various locations on the East Coast - along with my team mates. Several were really excellent. But NONE were of the level to compete in the Olympics. THAT level of ability is inherited.

A bunch of old debunked racists aren't facts.
Most people are racists like you are.
Even the ones who are racists would probably find you reprehensible.
The truth is never reprehensible. Those who try to suppress the truth are.

And? Which is right?
The one that has the preponderance of the evidence: the one that shows that intelligence is largely inherited.

The denial of inherited traits is quite common among leftists. Everything is about “everyone is equal” and thus differences in outcomes are chalked up to environment. The fact is that some people are more intelligent than others….some have better musical ability….some are better at math…..some are more motivated….some are more easygoing….and so forth. ALL are largely inherited.

The one that has the preponderance of the evidence: the one that shows that intelligence is largely inherited.

The article I posted referenced multiple studies.

The denial of inherited traits is quite common among leftists.
Lying is quite common among rightists.

For example, no one is denying that there are inherited traits. The argument is on what degree they are influenced by environment.

Everything is about “everyone is equal” and thus differences in outcomes are chalked up to environment.
Everything is about inherent racial inequality with certain rightists and differences in outcome are chalked up to genetics.

The fact is that some people are more intelligent than others….some have better musical ability….some are better at math…..some are more motivated….some are more easygoing….and so forth. ALL are largely inherited.
And that “fact” ignores the potential environment plays in nurturing or diminishing those potentials.

No.

No. That is what you did referencing traits of “the African”. The point I was making was that Africa is a continent with over 3000 different ethnic groups. Not one generic “African”.

Folks “like you” seem inconsistent in your labels.

Lumping all Native American groups into one conglomerate is insulting. It is like putting all Europeans or all Africans into one ethnic grouping. You righties&cons seem to do that a lot. The Canadians use a better term: First Nations, identifying many different groups.

Kaffer, the way you use it, is not familiar to me, it seems to have a range of meanings, often derogatory: Kaffir (racial term) - Wikipedia

You use a lot words and knowledgeable sounding paragraphs without recognizing the dog whistles. I have no doubt you know history, and that in itself would be a fascinating discussion given your seeming background, but you aren’t an honest “broker” of information. What you consider “statements of fact” are sometimes your own conclusions and opinion.

There is an overall lack of interest in Africa beyond the superficial and the many conflicts. “Well informed” people like you don’t seem any more genuinely interested in it, being quick to label what you don’t like as political correctness/libtard, etc.

Thank you Captain Obvious. Of course tribes exist only within one ethnic group.

Definition - this one seems pretty good.
Ethnic groups and tribes belong to factors of social stratification. Ethnicitycovers a wider range of community while tribe can be comparatively a small set of people who follow their historically adopted customs and traditions, living under one accepted leader. Various ethnic groups can also be described as the historical evolution of tribal groups. The key difference between ethnic group and tribe is that people belonging to one ethnic group share similar religious linguistic and cultural identity but they can live in different places, whereas tribes comprise of a set of related families having similar tastes, ideology, religious and dialectic identity, most frequently living together in one place.

Tribe is a collection of families, clans or generations that share common ideologies, interests, religion, linguistic and cultural practices. The significance of a tribe is that it is a set of people primarily having blood ties, living together in one specific area under one accepted leader to guide them. Anthropologist and consultant Dr. Whitney Azoy gives a clear definition of what basically a tribe means,

“Tribe refers- to an ethnic sub-set within which all or most human activities are organized on the basis of kinship. Tribal people interact with each other primarily in term of family relationships, both by descent and by marriage”.

So given that definition, tribes can be a subset of an ethnic group defined by family ties. That makes sense.

However, while Kurds are an ethnic group, they are also tribal.

It would seem the same applies to Bedouin. They are tribal but also an ethnic group dispersed over different areas. While Bedouin are mostly Muslim, some are Christian. They are dispersed over a wide geographic area.

In Iraq specifically there are divisions along ethnic, tribal and religious lines, and they can overlap. And that is not much different than certain conflicts in Africa. It also is a big contributor to corruption both in Iraq both in a number of African countries and the Middle East.

The EUAA thematic report shows that tribal disputes and feuds in Iraq are frequent, especially in the governorates of Baghdad, Maysan, Al-Basrah and Thi-Qar, and arise from a wide range of causes including honour, personal or communal disputes and resource-related reasons. The federal Government of Iraq has made efforts to address tribal feuds that lead to security issues, but has only had limited success in some areas. Due to the challenges in the Iraqi justice system as well as societal attitudes, many Iraqis tend to resort to the tribal system for the resolution of disputes.
There are European tribes. So some of that mess Kruska says really shows his ignorance.

I am getting that impression by the way Kruska used it. I was only aware of it in the Muslim context before.
I learned that by meeting and competing against white South African rugby players. Rugby is such a game that when someone says something like that, you don't get into a fight, you bust their ass each time they come near you with the ball, and you don't avoid contact with them when you have the ball. Inevitably their body breaks down and they leave the game.

The article I posted referenced multiple studies.

Lying is quite common among rightists.

For example, no one is denying that there are inherited traits. The argument is on what degree they are influenced by environment.

Everything is about inherent racial inequality with certain rightists and differences in outcome are chalked up to genetics.

And that “fact” ignores the potential environment plays in nurturing or diminishing those potentials.
There is no inherent superiority or inferiority. And people like Lisa project their weaknesses on others.

A good analogy would be athletic ability: it is largely inherited, and nurturing can help bring that out. But if you haven’t inherited that ability, no amount of nurturing will make you a champion.

For example, I was a good skater in my younger days. I took a liking to it, and my parents paid for lessons - from age 8 all the way to high school. I got really good, and performed in various locations on the East Coast - along with my team mates. Several were really excellent. But NONE were of the level to compete in the Olympics. THAT level of ability is inherited.
This digressing a bit…but the ability to excel in anything also involves passion, drive and discipline. Frequently when people talk about athletes, they emphasize inborn and ignore the hard work that turns that potential into excellence. Many Blacks come up through athletics, not necessarily because they are naturally better but it is one of the few avenues open them regardless of their circumstances. But getting out of those circumstances requires hard work and discipline as much as talent. I do get what you are saying, but I think there is more than natural ability that separates those who can do it from those who excel.

If you look hard enough you can always find an article somewhere that says the right environment will close the race gap. The persistence of the race gap disproves those articles. I think we have wasted enough money on social programs that do not work.
The lack of intelligence you posses shows in statements like this. The persistence in the race gap comes from programs that have never addressed the root cause of the problem. Whites have been the beneficiaries of direct economic support by the government. 93 million white Americans right now still benefit from the homestead act. 99 percent of homestead land went to white people. That land was the equivalent of handing white families 500,000 dollars apiece.

The New Deal Programs that excluded blacks, further increased white wealth and help white accumulate what they have now was a trillion-dollar program in today's money. There has been nothing like these programs for any other race. So to be white and talk like you do about spending money on social programs shows that you're a completely clueless idiot and no one should be wasting time in discussions with you.

This digressing a bit…but the ability to excel in anything also involves passion, drive and discipline. Frequently when people talk about athletes, they emphasize inborn and ignore the hard work that turns that potential into excellence. Many Blacks come up through athletics, not necessarily because they are naturally better but it is one of the few avenues open them regardless of their circumstances. But getting out of those circumstances requires hard work and discipline as much as talent. I do get what you are saying, but I think there is more than natural ability that separates those who can do it from those who excel.
Lisa obviously thinks black athletes just wake up and play. Lisa would have never survived my 6,000 yards of sprints I would do every day in the sweltering heat of summer in order to prepare for the season. Nor would she have been able to endure the pain of the weight training that happened before the sprints. So again, you're wasting your time with these idiots Coyote.

The lack of intelligence you posses shows in statements like this. The persistence in the race gap comes from programs that have never addressed the root cause of the problem.
The lack of intelligence you posses shows in statements like this. The persistence in the race gap comes from programs that have never addressed the root cause of the problem.

The root cause of the problem is that the process of human evolution did not prepare most Negroes for the demands of civilization. That is why black social pathology has gotten worse since 1963, and why the results of the civil rights legislation, the War on Poverty, the end of apartheid, and independence for sub Saharan Africa have been disappointing.

It is why Negroes have never created civilizations comparable with those created by Caucasians, Orientals, and American Indians. It is why there is no country in Africa or the Caribbean where Negroes are better off than in the United States.

As a moderator, I am allowed to post as a member. You have to your opinion, but that doesn’t make it a fact and doesn’t mean your opinion can not be contradicted or disputed.

You are quite arrogant.
A Moderator doesn't take sides via stating nonsense and false accusations and statements.
He/She is supposed to stay NEUTRAL - by e.g. stating proven facts as much a he/she want's to and if necessary to handle those who forward plain and clear LIES e.g. IM2, or use inappropriate language towards others - see your pal JoeB131.

IM2 clearly stated a Lie - by stating that I called an Irish men to be a French man (such as if I would have called a Kenyan a Zambian) which I NEVER did - and you clearly support him - aka his lie.
By ignorantly posting "African".

A Moderators foremost task is to GUIDE discussions, that pertain towards a thread or it's Headline - and NOT to promote political agendas.
Since you obviously aren't taking notice - let me help you:

The TITLE and topic of this tread is:

Are Asian-Americans “The New Jews”?​

So why don't you and your pals open up your own thread??? e.g. What and who are Africans? or who came up with the ridiculous term AFRICAN-AMERICAN?

It is YOU and your pals that bring in the generalizing terms African/North-African and Sub-Saharan African - why don't you call them NEGROS? if the topic pertains to BLACKS living in Africa or anywhere else? No one here is or was discussing about Tunisians or Algerians - but e.g. the Rwandan genocide, conducted by NEGRO tribes and ethnicity amongst themselves.

It's You and your pals that push the narrative of AFRICAN-AMERICAN - therefore lumping every person, race and ethnicity living on the Continent of Africa together - why don't you call a respective group as to what they factually are? e.g. Negro-American???? and a person from e.g. Algeria would be a North-African American.

Same pertains to the ignorant usage of the term European by you and your pals - Germans respectively their government or e.g Switzerland or e.g. Norway and lots of others, NEVER participated in the Negro slave-trade or slavery - but are EUROPEANS. So who again is constantly generalizing??

You blame and try to accuse others - of what you and your pals are constantly propagating and stating (Africans) - and that's simply a ludicrous behavior.

In order to divert and corrupt facts YOU and your pals now want to point out differences between a NEGRO from Ghana and from NEGROS living in South-Africa?? Next YOU and your pals will try to suggest/claim, that a Germanic person from Sweden is not the same as a Germanic person living in South-Africa or the USA??? - absolutely ridiculous.

And a person living in e.g. Spain, Southern-France or Italy is still a European, even-though they are NOT necessarily Germanic people but in vast majority Romanic people, reflecting exactly the same fact and issue, that an Algerian is NOT a NEGRO but as an ARAB-BERBER (98%) aka a North-African person. Those very few that clearly carry Negro gens in them - are considered to be Berbers but are factually Tuareg.

See BERBER

Berber.jpg

There are European tribes. So some of that mess Kruska says really shows his ignorance.
Name me a SINGLE one existing today or any ethnic European group being referred to as a tribe and acting as such.
And I won't let you pass on that ignorant, ridiculous and absolute false claim, that as usual is supported by a specific Moderator.

Typical IM2 - bringing in an issue that dates 1000 years back and more - to deflect from today's existing Negro tribal issues.
And based on the same ignorance stated by Coyote, that tribes and ethnicity would be the same.

The best part is that you are even to simplistic to understand that the existence of tribes or a tribe was NEVER the issue - but the neolithic culture and behavior of Negro tribes. You are what you are - a moronic racist

Forum List

Back