Are Americans Spoiling For Violence?

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
After decades of fighting meaningless wars abroad, on behalf of other nations; nations who don’t really even like us... Americans still seem ramped up and ready to fight. Only now it seems like they’re ready to fight for something they feel is worthwhile. If it isn’t their domestic political rivals, it’s the parasitic neighbor across the border. It seems clear that no sides of the debate are interested in a mediation, or compromise. What each of these sides want is closure. Finality. Is it just a matter of time before the mobs from all sides take it upon themselves, and try to end the stalemate? Is it inevitable that once one side gains enough control, they’ll vote into reality the conflict all sides are eager to bring to resolution? If government action reflects the will of the voting public... is there really any other result we could reasonably anticipate?
I don’t think Americans are tired of fighting. It seems they’re ready to instead fight for something worthwhile. Themselves.

Last edited:
Overall, one side adheres to Constitutional mandates to maintain national stability and conduct American affairs, the other seeks national transformation by popular affirmation, ignoring such constitutional mandates in favor of extra-constitutional federal and state legislation and the power of the street.

One is right, one is wrong. People should be careful what they really wish for.

Not Mexican, once again its the countries south of Mexico. You will be fighting against the Texans and GOP, they love illegal cheap labor.

I wish you would make up your goofy mind. One day it's the bilderburgs, next day it's the illuminati, next is the Freemasons, Jews, or the dreaded DEEP STATE. They can;t all be in charge because that would confuse the hell out of bigfoot. He wouldn't know who to listen to.

USA_house_divided.jpg

Seems to me 90% minimum of Americans just want to take out their frustration over issues they passionately want to defend. Be it on a discussion board, a conversation with friends or by kicking a tree, the majority just want someone to acknowledge their anger and perhaps agree their world has steeply changed over the past three decades.

The other percent, and I am estimating high, represent the fringes, the hard core rad-Left and far-Right. These Americans are primed and ready for orders be they handed down from political group leaders or Politicians themselves. They're a not so silent army waiting for the go sign. We've seen them the last few years showing up at protests nationwide. These guys aren't well organized and are far from shock troops, but they shed some blood when triggered by similar Right leaners.

The last tenth of a percent are the fully indoctrinated grass routes leaders of whatever political movement. They take everything personal said by politicians on the other side. Some of them are likely communist indoctrinated by whomever you like for that sort of thing--foreign or domestic.

Throw into the mix You Tube channel subscriber indoctrinated, and all the boys and girls and queers groups they've organized. And last of all there's the race rage on both sides.

By and large though Americans are a spectator people. One whiff of CS gas at a protest and they're DONE; back to shopping on line and protesting behind the boob tube. No one really wants to give up freedom of smart phone, smart car, smart TV, sports night, comfortable mundane.

After decades of fighting meaningless wars abroad, on behalf of other nations; nations who don’t really even like us... Americans still seem ramped up and ready to fight. Only now it seems like they’re ready to fight for something they feel is worthwhile. If it isn’t their domestic political rivals, it’s the parasitic neighbor across the border. It seems clear that no sides of the debate are interested in a mediation, or compromise. What each of these sides want is closure. Finality. Is it just a matter of time before the mobs from all sides take it upon themselves, and try to end the stalemate? Is it inevitable that once one side gains enough control, they’ll vote into reality the conflict all sides are eager to bring to resolution? It government action reflects the will of the voting public... is there really any other result we could reasonably anticipate?
I don’t think Americans are tired of fighting. It seems they’re ready to instead fight for something worthwhile. Themselves.

Sure, it's obvious to me, too, that we're in a war fever here. It wouldn't surprise me if Trump tries to direct it outward; most presidents do, after all. Try to think of a prez who didn't start or join an external war. I think Carter was the only modern candidate when I went thru the exercise, and he only served one term.

I don't see how we can have a true French-type revolution or civil war, neighbor against neighbor, town against town. Because we don't have starvation, and historically, that condition is crucial for such an event. We could have secessions start (Texas, California) or a putsch by some government figure (Comey, though I hope he's out now).

I read three histories of the 1850s and Lincoln's election during the summer of 2016 when things were heating up. It's much worse now. I recommend you try reading up on that period -- I bet you'd love it. I think you have a good sense for cultural movements.

I wish you would make up your goofy mind. One day it's the bilderburgs, next day it's the illuminati, next is the Freemasons, Jews, or the dreaded DEEP STATE. They can;t all be in charge because that would confuse the hell out of bigfoot. He wouldn't know who to listen to.

You are under the impression that the ring of power is in the hands of one interest.

After decades of fighting meaningless wars abroad, on behalf of other nations; nations who don’t really even like us... Americans still seem ramped up and ready to fight. Only now it seems like they’re ready to fight for something they feel is worthwhile. If it isn’t their domestic political rivals, it’s the parasitic neighbor across the border. It seems clear that no sides of the debate are interested in a mediation, or compromise. What each of these sides want is closure. Finality. Is it just a matter of time before the mobs from all sides take it upon themselves, and try to end the stalemate? Is it inevitable that once one side gains enough control, they’ll vote into reality the conflict all sides are eager to bring to resolution? It government action reflects the will of the voting public... is there really any other result we could reasonably anticipate?
Thanks vastador for raising these issues.
It would seem that the 'worthwhile fight' is domestic and not as much against the government of Mexico. Sure Trump and others have taken a stab at it here and there but it's largely been a long stand exercise in futility. I do think that the fight is against political rivals, it hardly seems plausible to view the heated rhetoric of Michael Moore, Maxine Waters, Schumer & the like as anything but that. Any compromise (and it's nill) seems to be coming from RHINO Paul Ryan The majority of the people don't want carte' blanche' deals for DACA period. I definitely (ardently) contend that neither side really wants to bring anything to 'closure' or 'finality. It is the only shot the libs see themselves as having (IMHO). They have lost on the issues; Russia, border policies, gun control (state issue but by extension a POTUS issue) and must create for themselves a NARRATIVE, by what ever means necessary, prior to 2020. Tks Vastador...

Forum List

Back