Are All Scotus Ruling Unconstitutional?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
"Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States are required to take two oaths before they may execute the duties of their appointed office.

The Constitutional Oath

As noted below in Article VI, all federal officials must take an oath in support of the Constitution:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

The Constitution does not provide the wording for this oath, leaving that to the determination of Congress. From 1789 until 1861, this oath was, "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States." During the 1860s, this oath was altered several times before Congress settled on the text used today, which is set out at 5 U. S. C. § 3331. This oath is now taken by all federal employees, other than the President:

"I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Text of the Oaths of Office for Supreme Court Justices

Does the oath ending with "So help me God" eliminate Satanist and atheists from SCOTUS service and therefore render all their decisions unconstitutional?

What kind of a country is this when you're not allowed to consult with the entrails of a disemboweled goat prior to rendering a decision on the Constitution?

Of course, the bigger issue that that at least four of the bastards (on the USSC) couldn't care less what the Constitution says, and they make shit up according to their own personal feelings.

Of course, the bigger issue that that at least four of the bastards (on the USSC) couldn't care less what the Constitution says, and they make shit up according to their own personal feelings.

Hopefully, we won't ever have another Progressive appointed to SCOTUS so this won't be an issue. One can imagine Val Jarrett taking the oath with her hand on
"Rules For Radicals" or her favorite "Little Red Book" by Mao

Forum List

Back