Arctic Sea Ice Stabilizes, No Trend Reduction In More Than 10 Years As Solar Cycle Starts Off Weakly

Your headline claims that sea ice has not fallen in "more than 10 years". Even YOUR data does not support that claim.

I didn't make the headline and you still don't address post one which means you haven't showed where it is wrong.

Your chart uses the following from YOUR link:

"Figure 1. Cumulative Mass Balance of Greenland and Antarctica, 1992–2020"

I am talking about from 2008 onward when it STOPPED declining your legendary dishonest claims exploding in your lying face because you don't address the chart properly which shows an obvious decline from 1980 which I never disputed you idiot!

I wrote what your fake eyes can't read,

"Yes, I know what it is and just like the other TWO charts shows no decline since around 2008 by area and by volume but clearly at a lower level than in 1980."

Here is the NSIDC sea ice chart:

sea-ice-extent-2019-sept-average-nsidc_graph-extent-and-trend-showing-stall.png

MASIE chart,

1652310194147.png

LINK

You should stop now since you are getting a hard factual beating since I have shown in three ways that the decline stopped around the 2008 year.

Last edited:
I didn't make the headline and you still don't address post one which means you haven't showed where it is wrong.

I am talking about from 2008 onward when it STOPPED declining your legendary dishonest claims exploding in your lying face because you don't address the chart properly which shows an obvious decline from 1980 which I never disputed you idiot!

"Yes, I know what it is and just like the other TWO charts shows no decline since around 2008 by area and by volume but clearly at a lower level than in 1980."

View attachment 643350

MASIE chart,

View attachment 643353

LINK

You should stop now since you are getting a hard factual beating since I have shown in three ways that the decline stopped around the 2008 year.

You'd think that NSIDC data might have keyed you off when what you claim to be the cessation of warming and melting is fully intersected by the most rapid warming and the most rapid melting. It might have told you something about the robustness of your conclusions - ie, the lack thereof.

You mean the young ice behaves differently once the the ice over 4 years old is gone? How old was the oldest ice back in the 1980s?
We may never know.

View attachment 643350

MASIE chart,

View attachment 643353

LINK

1673641064701.png

Humans can't start forest fires. Right?
Don't be silly, of course they can. So what? Man is part of nature. Man is also responsible for trying to control or limit forest fires which actually made forest fires worse. Forest fires actually serve a purpose, they eliminate old growth to all for new growth to occur. It's quite natural and healthy.

BPIOMASIceVolumeAnomalyCurrentV2.1.png

The trend here reverses or stabilizes in 1981, 2008, 2012 and 2017 and on every prior occasion it was transient. The long term trend is -13,000 km^3 in 42 years or -310 km^3/yr

Too Funny Crick....

Your own graph calls you out.... The short term, starting in 2008, becomes a zero average loss. This span of time is now significant enough to say the loss has stopped.

View attachment 747509
Go back and read the text in my post. Or do you only look at pictures?

And if you think it's stopped, I presume you believe you know the reason. What would that be?

Go back and read the text in my post. Or do you only look at pictures?

And if you think it's stopped, I presume you believe you know the reason. What would that be?
Do you know what happened in that time frame? The sun shifted its output in what is being called solar dimming. This was a shift in Down Welling Solar Radiation (DWSR) in a very narrow band of the suns output. The loss of about 10% of the DWSR in the 0.2-0.8um that shifted into the 1.0 to 1.6um region. This change made little effect of Total Solar Irradiance (TSI). What it did do was move energy from a region our oceans could uptake that energy and store it and place it in a region where the energy is defeated in the evaporation layer of our ocean.

I don't expect you to understand this. You can read more about why --> Zone1 - Is Long-Wave Infra-Red Radiation Capable of Warming Earth's Oceans?

A second of my postings: Solar Dimming... What is at stake With This Change on our Sun?

Last edited:
Still Antarctic ice has continued to grow. In fact Antarctica's coldest winter in recorded history occurred in 2021.

Have you considered the effect of Earth's precession on the relative temperatures on of the Arctic vs. the Antarctic.

The Antarctic sea ice extents have grown slightly. The mass of the ice sheet asgire has been shrinking for the last couple decades.

grace_monthly_anomaly_ais_black_vel_2020-08_print.jpg

pnas.1812883116fig03.jpeg

C3S_indicators_ice_sheets_fig1_branded.png

How do oxygen isotopes tell us the annual sea ice extent 100,000 years ago?
They don't. They tell you the temperature threshold for extensive continental glaciation at each pole. That's much more important. Because they aren't the same.

F2.large.jpg

Forum List

Back