Arctic sea ice hits a new low for January.

And again Whitehall, our resident extremely-low-information voter, puts on another demonstration of his Stalinist cult programming. His party masters are very pleased to have such a cadre of Usefuldiots willing to reliably chanting the OfficialConspiracyTheories of TheParty, no matter how crazy it makes them look.

Getting back to the topic that so many deniers are working so hard to deflect from, here's the latest sea ice trend. Being that some posters regularly use a "But it's not lower than the 2-sigma-below level, so it's just natural!" argument, it should be pointed out that Arctic sea ice extent is now well under the 2-sigma-below level, hence that bad argument goes in the trash.

N_stddev_timeseries_thumb.png

And again Whitehall, our resident extremely-low-information voter, puts on another demonstration of his Stalinist cult programming. His party masters are very pleased to have such a cadre of Usefuldiots willing to reliably chanting the OfficialConspiracyTheories of TheParty, no matter how crazy it makes them look.

Getting back to the topic that so many deniers are working so hard to deflect from, here's the latest sea ice trend. Being that some posters regularly use a "But it's not lower than the 2-sigma-below level, so it's just natural!" argument, it should be pointed out that Arctic sea ice extent is now well under the 2-sigma-below level, hence that bad argument goes in the trash.

How come you steal Rush Limbaugh's line, "low-information voter".

Ice comes and goes, big deal. I like that story about the 40 Scientists who got stuck in the Ice they thought was gone. Can you imagine anything so stupid, you are some self-proclaimed Scientist who believes the Ice is gone and you go to prove it and end up stuck in Ice in place you said it no longer existed. I wonder if they measured the ice they got stuck in?

Can you imagine anything so stupid, you are some self-proclaimed Scientist who believes the Ice is gone and you go to prove it and end up stuck in Ice in place you said it no longer existed. I wonder if they measured the ice they got stuck in?

As all those scientists knew Antarctic sea ice had been increasing and were there to research that very thing, I wonder why you're so proudly proclaiming how you live in an alternate reality.

Actually, I don't have to wonder. It's the cult using your narcissism to keep you in line. The "Those scientists don't know 'nuffin!" argument convinces you that you're not just some random extremely-low-information voter. The cult tells you that you're smarter than those durn liberal eggheads, and that makes you feel all special and feeds your ego, and that keeps you loyal to the cult.

As all those scientists knew Antarctic sea ice had been increasing and were there to research that very thing, I wonder why you're so proudly proclaiming how you live in an alternate reality.

Actually, I don't have to wonder. It's the cult using your narcissism to keep you in line. The "Those scientists don't know 'nuffin!" argument convinces you that you're not just some random extremely-low-information voter. The cult tells you that you're smarter than those durn liberal eggheads, and that makes you feel all special and feeds your ego, and that keeps you loyal to the cult.
How come you stole Rush Limbaugh's line, "Low Information Voter"?

Your post is gibberish, little early for the drinking?

So what else did Rush tell you? There's no hurry. I'm sure you'll tell us eventually, being how Rush seems to be your guru. It's just good of you to confirm that for us.

LIV's vote based on emotional factors. That fits the behavior pattern of deniers, who declare that facts, evidence and reason are a conspiracy against them. Hence, they're LIV's.

So what else did Rush tell you? There's no hurry. I'm sure you'll tell us eventually, being how Rush seems to be your guru. It's just good of you to confirm that for us.

LIV's vote based on emotional factors. That fits the behavior pattern of deniers, who declare that facts, evidence and reason are a conspiracy against them. Hence, they're LIV's.
Hit a sore spot huh, maMOOT uses lines that originate from Rush Limbaugh, seriously, if Rush is too be mocked what does it say about maMOOT when maMOOT uses Rush Limbaugh's material?

A good answer, except most of the deniers have zero idea as to what 2-sigma means.

icecover_current_new.png

15% or greater Ice Extent

icecover_current.png

30% or greater Ice Extent

That's odd. One metric is very low and the other very high. Is there some weather related factor that is compacting the ice together?

And for the worldwide overview-

NSIDC%20GlobalArcticAntarctic%20SeaIceArea.gif

Sarc on/ An obvious death spiral!!! /sarc off

Selective data released for political propaganda purposes to low information lefties to bolster an argument that has no basis in science. What else is new? Every hysterical prediction that the left made in the short ten or fifteen year life of the global warming theory has been found to be laughable.

While I do not totally agree with this statement, I find it hilarious that it sent mamooth into yet another fit of poo flinging. The rhetoric of climate debate is even worse that that of American presidential politics.

How come you steal Rush Limbaugh's line, "low-information voter".

Ice comes and goes, big deal. I like that story about the 40 Scientists who got stuck in the Ice they thought was gone. Can you imagine anything so stupid, you are some self-proclaimed Scientist who believes the Ice is gone and you go to prove it and end up stuck in Ice in place you said it no longer existed. I wonder if they measured the ice they got stuck in?
dude they looked at the graph and it showed no ice so they went out, and holy crap, there was ice. how the hell does that happen they wondered, the graph said there wasn't any? Doh :badgrin::banana::dance::dunno::eusa_dance::mm::poop::thewave::woohoo:

Last edited:

proves you listen, so what does that make you?

Hahahaha, maybe Trump will choose Rush as his running mate! Hahahaha

15% or greater Ice Extent

icecover_current.png

30% or greater Ice Extent

That's odd. One metric is very low and the other very high. Is there some weather related factor that is compacting the ice together?

And for the worldwide overview-

NSIDC%20GlobalArcticAntarctic%20SeaIceArea.gif

Sarc on/ An obvious death spiral!!! /sarc off

Hmmmm....

Another inconvenient measurement has gone down the memory hole.

Northern Hemisphere Sea Ice Area

There you go, Ian. Much more complete than the one you were refering to.

More complete? Back to 1979 you mean?

icecover_current.png

This type of graph, 30% extent, was started in 2005 to fix certain types of problems. It seems that the discrepancy with the 15% ice extent graphs has led to a 'dilution of the message', hence it has been discontinued. DMI didn't say it was wrong. Perhaps both the 15% and 30% products were both right. But now no one will know that different algorithms for measuring ice extent gives different answers. Sort of like the battle between satellite and surface station temperatures.

The warmers want only the metrics that most heavily favour their position to be publicized. Unfortunately they have the power to control the message in most cases. Zwally and the satellite laser altimetry is another example. It doesn't fit the meme so it doesn't get publicized and if it doesn't get talked about it's almost like it never happened.

They would be 15% and 30% ice extents measures and "should" is the past tense of "shall" and means "must" or "ought".

Forum List

Back