Arctic sea ice BACK to Normal!

So Komrade Rocks how is CO2 both lingering in the atmosphere for "hundreds of years" and entering the ocean turning them "acidic"?

You never explained that

Are you seriously asking someone to prove that CO2 can turn a solution acidic?

WTF? That's basic high school science.

Yes, Dear. Are you saying there is a measurable increase in carbolic acid?

How is CO2 both being forced out of the ocean in an imaginary CO2 driven "feedback Loop" and simultaneously increasing in the ocean turning it "acidic"

That's common sense and you and Komrade Rocks are Epic Fails

LOL. So says an ersatz internet scientist. Most of these scientists have done extensive field work. Like Dr. Alley studying high latitude glaciers and sea ice. Like Dr. Hansen who did most of the studies on the atmosphere physics of Venus.

So hansen has done field work on venus huh? That I believe. Perhaps was captured and replaced with a venusian agent and sent back here with the mission of destroying the earth's economy.

And this modeling, that you so ignorantly demean, enabled us to predict the last tornado outbreak with enough accuracy that people were told 24 hours ahead of time that they were in danger.

No rocks, not the same modeling at all. There is a fundamental and profound difference between predicting an outbreak of tornadoes when a low pressure system already in place in conjunction with very strong upper level winds crashes head on into very warm moist air and predicting what the global climate will do over the next 6 months, much less the next 100 years. And 24 hours? You believe that is an achievement of some sort? Geez we predicted that tornadoes would spawn from ideal tornado conditions a whole 24 hours in advance? Whoop teee do. If the models were anything like you imagine them to be, we should have seen that senario at least a week or two before hand. After all, you believe them to be able to predict the climate years in advance.

Seems like an astronaut observes weather, not climate.

An astronaut is a SCIENTIST. Who also happens to OBSERVE the natural world. Unlike climatologists who make up the world in their poor computer models while sitting at a desk in a nice little office lit by fossil fuels.

LOL. So says an ersatz internet scientist. Most of these scientists have done extensive field work. Like Dr. Alley studying high latitude glaciers and sea ice. Like Dr. Hansen who did most of the studies on the atmosphere physics of Venus.

And this modeling, that you so ignorantly demean, enabled us to predict the last tornado outbreak with enough accuracy that people were told 24 hours ahead of time that they were in danger. And that resulted in a death toll of only 6, in spite of the high number of tornados that afternoon and night.

You state you are a scientist and constantly denigrate the efforts of scientists. I see you as only a political shill, nothing more.

You're crossing your wires between climate and weather again.

Our weather prediction is really pretty accurate up to about 5 days out. To me, this is still pretty amazing.

Beyond 5 days the accuracy seems to disintegrate.

Beyond a month and there's nothing of any value at all that could not be read about in the Farmer's Almanac.

So Komrade Rocks how is CO2 both lingering in the atmosphere for "hundreds of years" and entering the ocean turning them "acidic"?

You never explained that

Dodging the underlying question is a poor tactic to use bucko.

An astronaut is a SCIENTIST. Who also happens to OBSERVE the natural world. Unlike climatologists who make up the world in their poor computer models while sitting at a desk in a nice little office lit by fossil fuels.

And this modeling, that you so ignorantly demean, enabled us to predict the last tornado outbreak with enough accuracy that people were told 24 hours ahead of time that they were in danger. And that resulted in a death toll of only 6, in spite of the high number of tornados that afternoon and night.

You state you are a scientist and constantly denigrate the efforts of scientists. I see you as only a political shill, nothing more.

Our weather prediction is really pretty accurate up to about 5 days out. To me, this is still pretty amazing.

Beyond a month and there's nothing of any value at all that could not be read about in the Farmer's Almanac.

Metoerologists will only claim accuracy to 1.5 days with high confidence. Three days out and they drop to around 50% accuracy. 5 days out and it drops to around 15% in this area. Other areas can give better ideas of coming weather because they are in more stable regions.

UH OH Spaghetti O!

Looks like the Arctic ice is now one standard deviation above normal (well darned close to it anyhow). And the Antarctic ice has been above average for the whole year! Looks like it might be time to reassess those claims of arctic ice death spirals eh!

Attachments

• $ScreenHunter_666-Apr_-21-08_52.jpg
    $ScreenHunter_666-Apr_-21-08_52.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 68
  • $ScreenHunter_665-Apr_-21-08_49.jpg
    $ScreenHunter_665-Apr_-21-08_49.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Metoerologists will only claim accuracy to 1.5 days with high confidence. Three days out and they drop to around 50% accuracy. 5 days out and it drops to around 15% in this area. Other areas can give better ideas of coming weather because they are in more stable regions.

Well, then, they don't give themselves enough credit.

I don't bet my life on the 5-day forecast, but more often than not, it's a decent guide.

I don't bet my life on the 5-day forecast, but more often than not, it's a decent guide.

Yes, if you live in one of the stable regions you can rely on the five day forcast pretty well. here in the mountanous areas the orographic effects cause all sorts of problems for the computer models. It is very common for them to predict sunny days in the morning and by noon we have snow.

Yes, if you live in one of the stable regions you can rely on the five day forcast pretty well. here in the mountanous areas the orographic effects cause all sorts of problems for the computer models. It is very common for them to predict sunny days in the morning and by noon we have snow.

I'm in Indiana and that might be the difference. Every morning i check the Hour by hour to see if/when the rain might fall. They even hit that pretty well.

Maybe i'm just easily impressed...

Last edited:
UH OH Spaghetti O!

Looks like the Arctic ice is now one standard deviation above normal (well darned close to it anyhow). And the Antarctic ice has been above average for the whole year! Looks like it might be time to reassess those claims of arctic ice death spirals eh!

AGW is a bigger fraud than the peppered moth and Piltdown Man combined

UH OH Spaghetti O!

AGW is a bigger fraud than the peppered moth and Piltdown Man combined

That is for sure. What is sad is it has been sustained for so long. Corruption is endemic within academia now.

You never explained that

How is CO2 both being forced out of the ocean in an imaginary CO2 driven "feedback Loop" and simultaneously increasing in the ocean turning it "acidic"

More CO2 is going into the ocean than out of it. That's why its pH has been decreasing.

More CO2 is going into the ocean than out of it. That's why its pH has been decreasing.

Um, ok, so there's no "feedback loop" of CO2 leaching out of the oceans then, right?

Do you have any numbers on the increases in oceanic carbolic acid?

Um, ok, so there's no "feedback loop" of CO2 leaching out of the oceans then, right?

Let me google that for you

So, let's do a quick calculation, you should be able to do that I'm sure...right? Calculate what the absolute lowest level of pH will be if we burned EVERY carbon bearing rock on this planet. What would the pH be then?

Oh, looky here....it's allready been done for you. The current pH of the oceans is 8.1. If we put every bit of C into the oceans we could it would drop to....wait for it.....8.

So tell me Mr. astrophysicist.....exactly how acidic is that?

Wait, so there's a negative Feedback Loop? The oceans are net absorbers not emitters of CO2?

Are you sure that what your theory states?

So, let's do a quick calculation, you should be able to do that I'm sure...right? Calculate what the absolute lowest level of pH will be if we burned EVERY carbon bearing rock on this planet. What would the pH be then?

Oh, looky here....it's allready been done for you. The current pH of the oceans is 8.1. If we put every bit of C into the oceans we could it would drop to....wait for it.....8.

as someone who has taken only basic high school chemistry... I can say from my expertise a ph of 8 is normal to very slightly BASIC.

Do I win a cookie?

as someone who has taken only basic high school chemistry... I can say from my expertise a ph of 8 is normal to very slightly BASIC.

Do I win a cookie?

Suger or chocolate chip?:lol:

Do I win a cookie?

Suger or chocolate chip?:lol:
128659210285994968.jpg

CHOKKOCHIIIIIIIP!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back