Arctic sea ice BACK to Normal!

Hmmmmm...

Shouldn't there already be a post with the link to the research of Svante Arrhenius in this thread?

Oh Hell!

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

In 1896 Svante Arrhenius calculated the effect of a doubling atmospheric carbon dioxide to be an increase in surface temperatures of 5-6 degrees Celsius.

You are obviously mistaken. When confronted by a departure of reality from model, we know that we are to ignore reality and stick with the models.

Don't you know anything about science?

20110519_0052_1-14.jpg

Been posting this up lots lately on the POLICTICS forum and here.:D

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis

On March 18, 2012, Arctic sea ice extent reached its annual maximum extent, marking the beginning of the melt season for Northern Hemisphere sea ice. This year’s maximum extent was the ninth lowest in the satellite record.

Fucking tard. This was from the link where you got your picture. Do you know how to read? Did you think we wouldn't look? Dumbass.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Banned

On March 18, 2012, Arctic sea ice extent reached its annual maximum extent, marking the beginning of the melt season for Northern Hemisphere sea ice. This year’s maximum extent was the ninth lowest in the satellite record.

Fucking tard. This was from the link where you got your picture. Do you know how to read? Did you think we wouldn't look? Dumbass.

A Lot better then you! I've spent the last 20 years watching Meterology and other things to do with our planet. Seriously as I've spent my life on those boards...Of course I can read the maps. I also understand the context!. Theres a big difference in the regimes between the 1990's and early 2000's and the sprial from hell post 2005...We're now back to the 1990's to early 2000's. Big difference...The last few years have been so utterly close that getting 9th isn't hard with the short period of records.

This is a pretty big deal as this ice will now start to reinforce its self. The death sprial very likely has stopped.

Last edited by a moderator:

I know that only 6% of scientists are Republicans.

Every time I read one of your posts I wonder what % of Democrats are rude, inconsiderate ignoramuses with no concept of rational thought or courteous discourse.

This is a good recovery of sea ice extant this year. Unfortunately, it is only single year ice. This extent of the ice melt this summer will determine if we have actually seen any recovery of ice. But even this little is a good thing.

We will see what the melt is this summer, and what the clathrates do off the East Siberian Artic Shelf. We need a low melt, and a much lower outgassing than last year. We get a high melt, and an increase in that outgassing, then this winters freeze simply was an anolomy from a double La Nina.

Hmmmmm...

Shouldn't there already be a post with the link to the research of Svante Arrhenius in this thread?

Oh Hell!

In 1896 Svante Arrhenius calculated the effect of a doubling atmospheric carbon dioxide to be an increase in surface temperatures of 5-6 degrees Celsius.

You are obviously mistaken. When confronted by a departure of reality from model, we know that we are to ignore reality and stick with the models.

Obviously you do not.

Hmmmmm...

Oh Hell!

Obviously you do not.

Well, CO2 is almost doubled since the year 0 and the increase in the climate's temp has risen by 0.7 degrees. What has happened to the 5-6 degrees Celcius?

Am I to believe the actual data or the models?

Hmmmmm...

Oh Hell!

Obviously you do not.

Well, CO2 is almost doubled since the year 0 and the increase in the climate's temp has risen by 0.7 degrees. What has happened to the 5-6 degrees Celcius?

Am I to believe the actual data or the models?
In case of a discrepancy between reality and the models -- reality is wrong.

Right, Roxy?

Every time I read one of your posts I wonder what % of Democrats are rude, inconsiderate ignoramuses with no concept of rational thought or courteous discourse.

Just the fact you list "liberal logic" and then write some zany nonsense only a fool would believe proves you are both a dumbass and a tard. Too stupid to even know it's YOU who's rude.

Just the fact you list "liberal logic" and then write some zany nonsense only a fool would believe proves you are both a dumbass and a tard. Too stupid to even know it's YOU who's rude.

Do you deny that Liberals today assert that the price of gas is beyond the control or influence of any human being and also assert that the climate is a system that is both understood and can me controlled by Man?

That is wonderful that Artic Ice is "normal". With all do respect: from a layperson's point of view, I find this information a bit...questionable. But, I am glad to hear it's "NORMAL" somewere. It has been 75 to 80 degrees and bone dry in the midwest for months. This IS the very definition of "Global Warming". Color me a tad sceptical.

Hmmmmm...

Oh Hell!

Yes, in 1896, Arrhenius made that prediciton with the understanding of the science of that time. Now we have increased the CO2 in the atmosphere by 40% and the average temperature by 0.7 C.

We have also put a lot of aerosols into the atmosphere, which helps cool things a bit. And the modern estimate for the doubling of CO2 is more like 3 C. Which you would have known had you read the whole article. But that is written by real scientists and they don't work for large energy corps that do not want to be held accountable for what their activities are causing.

Interestingly, while the temps have not gone up as fast as the models predicted, the affect have been far greater than anyone's models for this temperature increase. From the melting of glaciers, continental ice caps, and Arctic sea ice, all have exceeded even the alarmists predictions.

That is wonderful that Artic Ice is "normal". With all do respect: from a layperson's point of view, I find this information a bit...questionable. But, I am glad to hear it's "NORMAL" somewere. It has been 75 to 80 degrees and bone dry in the midwest for months. This IS the very definition of "Global Warming". Color me a tad sceptical.

The present large, as compared to the last few years, freezeup is there. But it is only single year ice, and it will have to survive the summer, and add a couple more years of like temperatures before the Arctic Sea Ice Pack is anything like normal.

Forum List

Back