Archie Bunker belonged to a union

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
I saw a few repeats the other day and I was surprised that Bunker, the caricature of rightwing lunacy, belonged to a union.

It got me wondering....when did unions become the devil incarnate? Was it under Reagan?

Yeah, yeah, I know it is only a tv show but it seemingly matched the general mood at the time.

Honest answers welcome. :)

I saw a few repeats the other day and I was surprised that Bunker, the caricature of rightwing lunacy, belonged to a union.

It got me wondering....when did unions become the devil incarnate? Was it under Reagan?

Yeah, yeah, I know it is only a tv show but it seemingly matched the general mood at the time.

I think he posts here now under the name "The T"

Yep Reagan/Newt.

Didn't need no welfare state... Everybody pulled his weight...

Gee Our old Lasalle ran great... Those were the days! :)

When people learned what union bosses did with the money and their criminal connections.
No, I don't think that's it, but thanks for trying!

No problem---thanks for asking a question that you already know the answer to.
:confused: I don't KNOW the answer. If I did, I would have structured the OP differently.

I really don't get why "conservatives" decided that unions were the enemy.

Gee Our old Lasalle ran great...
Those were the days! :)
I swear, I never could figure out that line. Thank you! WTF is a Lasalle, some kind of car???

Gee Our old Lasalle ran great...
Those were the days! :)
I swear, I never could figure out that line. Thank you! WTF is a Lasalle, some kind of car???

Yes, it's a car... The Lasalle.

images

No, I don't think that's it, but thanks for trying!

No problem---thanks for asking a question that you already know the answer to.
:confused: I don't KNOW the answer. If I did, I would have structured the OP differently.

I really don't get why "conservatives" decided that unions were the enemy.

conservatives must have an enemy, they cannot run on their own merits/accompolishments.

Union power had to be diminshed so that offshoring and such could take place.
With unions having lots of political power it would not have taken place.

Forum List

Back