Arab Spring, the sequel

What do you all think we should do?

Nothing is a fair answer btw.

I'm not sure there's anything we can do.

Morsi is to a degree, playing to the passions of the mob. After a year of chaos, they want a little order.

The tragedy is that the Islamic Brotherhood became the only viable oppossition because for nearly 30 years, we backed Mubarak and before him Sadat because they kept the peace with Israel. And we didn't pay a lot of attention to what they were doing to their own people.

I am still trying to figure out why Obama thought it was a good idea to get rid of the government that was there. The only thing I have come up with is arrogance.

As for what we should do, we should invent a time machine and go back and fix this. Since that is impossible, nothing seems to be the best option open to us.

Or the human rights violations, that could be another reason.

If it is about human rights why did he wait until Syria was in an outright civil war before he said anything about Assad stepping down? Why didn't he say anything about the principle of supporting government of the people that holds fair elections when Iran was teething with student protests?

You can't give him credit for this being about human rights unless you are also dinging him for the times he ignores human rights issues around the globe.

If your IN power, more an half of the Arabs won't like you. Don't bring up human rights when the extremists act like animals toward everyone.

revolutions are messy...this really has nothing to do with obama

The revolution Obama took credit for has nothing to do with him? Why were idiots giving him credit for it then?

how did he remove the last leader? All he did was ask for him to step down.
Who is claiming obama took credit and is giving credit? He really didnt do anything.

Again the idea this is Obama's egg and its getting crushed is a false one.

Did he, or did he not, call for Mubarek to step down?

I am still trying to figure out why Obama thought it was a good idea to get rid of the government that was there. The only thing I have come up with is arrogance.

As for what we should do, we should invent a time machine and go back and fix this. Since that is impossible, nothing seems to be the best option open to us.

well thats because you are an idiot thats why. Obama didnt get rid of anyone.

Tell you what, feel free to go back through every post I ever made on the subject and point out where I gave Obama credit for anything that happened in Egypt. Until you can do that you will remain the idiot.

Apparently, you weren't paying attention so let me re-fresh your memory: Obama didn't decide to get rid of Mubarak; the Egyptian people did.

Feel free to point out where I said he got rid of him.

For the people who find English a major mental challenge, I said he thought it was a good idea to get rid of him. The fact that Egypt is now embroiled in rioting against a government that wants to take away the rights of citizens is merely a bump in the road to Obama. He believes that the course of history will eventually prove that he is right, and that anything that happens in the short term that contradicts his beliefs is merely a step in the long path to a progressive utopia.

You know who else believed that? Marx.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNf6_LLDiYo]Obama calls on Mubarak to step down now - FoxNews 110204 - YouTube[/ame]

About half the folks didn't want Mubarak huh? When is Obama stepping down again?

Nah, Obaminaton likes the jawa giant running Egypt since he is a radical muslim that hates Israel.

Mubarak was friends with the US military and CIA, so he was an enemy of Obamination.

Too bad Obama let the Ambassor to Egypt die. The country might need our help...

Forum List

Back