Aquafina and Dasani

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
1626231389580.png

Everyone hates it.

Why don't we take a very large fleet of tanker trucks, fill them at the bottling plants with these disgusting water brands and just dump them into Lake Mead?

I'm sure there is a reason why this wouldn't work but it seems like compared to rolling black outs...its a better idea if we're not going to build more power plants (which is the best idea).

View attachment 512510
Everyone hates it.

Why don't we take a very large fleet of tanker trucks, fill them at the bottling plants with these disgusting water brands and just dump them into Lake Mead?

I'm sure there is a reason why this wouldn't work but it seems like compared to rolling black outs...its a better idea if we're not going to build more power plants (which is the best idea).
Heck, most of the bottled water in California probably comes from Lake Mead, already.

View attachment 512510
Everyone hates it.

Heck, most of the bottled water in California probably comes from Lake Mead, already.
Probably true.... However my idea is A much better recycling effort than the one sip then flushing it down the toilet routine most Dasani/Aquafina drinkers have.

Years ago, the Californian government was advised to consider constructing desalinization plants along its coast, but deemed it too expensive. They should have gone ahead with it anyway.

Years ago, the Californian government was advised to consider constructing desalinization plants along its coast, but deemed it too expensive. They should have gone ahead with it anyway.
That is true...but it seems to me that we could at least mitigate some of the power outages out west by taking all of this bottled water nobody's ever going to drink and simply capturing it before it's bottled and dumping it into Lake Mead. No plastic to dispose of either! PS: Add Deja Blue to the mix as well. It sux.

View attachment 512510
Everyone hates it.

Probably true.... However my idea is A much better recycling effort than the one sip then flushing it down the toilet routine most Dasani/Aquafina drinkers have.
I have never been a big bottled water guy. The filter in the fridge does just fine, as we have pretty good water quality out of the tap. If hiking, I fill the camelbak with water and ice, keeping my back cool and providing many bottles worth of water without having to deal with plastic bottle. I do take it kayaking though. TN is blessed with an abundance of water from underground aquifers and our annual rains far exceed those out west, keeping the aquifers replenished. I grew up in a time when plastic bottle of water was a ludicrous idea. I hate canoeing or kayaking down a stream and seeing where morons that came to enjoy nature, leaving their empty plastic bottles in the stream to wash up and litter the sides.

Forum List

Back