April 15th Tea Party moved to larger location

Yeah, uh-huh, but tell me...where were all the Righties and their tea parties when Bush & Company were misusing all our tax dollars?
About the only time the Right came out to protest during the Bush years was when some might decide to wander on down to a local anti-war demonstration and heckle folks there.
And as much as the Righties are trying to bill these tea parties as something for ALL Americans, the promotion seems to be exclusively from far-right sources, with alot of partisan bullshit about "teabagging Obama" and such...like this is all suddenly Obama's fault and just started in January 2009.
I googled "tea party", with my home city & state included...the only relevant hit that jumped up was a Glenn Beck fansite promoting a tea party for 4/15 on the steps of the State Capitol in Harrisburg, PA.
So far, 16 registered attendees and 4 "maybes". Wow, yee-haw, that's quite a turn-out...and yet this is a predominately conservative area.

I was against Bush. You should be against Obama for doing what Bush did wrong and multiply it fivefold, at least. It didn't start in Jan 2009, but Obama sure is amplifying the wrong Bush did and stealing what little money the private economy has left. That makes Bush the first fool, and Obama an exponentially larger fool. You can't borrow yourself out of bankruptcy and debt.

"You can't borrow yourself out of bankruptcy and debt"...I agree with that, and I'm not happy with the way that things are going either, but little clusters of Righties holding "tea parties" and to rant and pompously blame those who lean to the left for all the nation's woes isn't gonna change a damn thing. It just helps to alienate the two sides, and keeps them from putting their heads together and protesting en masse...and you can bet that makes many of our so-called "leaders" happy.

Guess you missed the part about it being non-partisan. If you object to the massive spending spree our government insists on going on, why don't you go to a tea party to let them know? Unless you think bitching on a message board and doing nothing will yield better results.

I was against Bush. You should be against Obama for doing what Bush did wrong and multiply it fivefold, at least. It didn't start in Jan 2009, but Obama sure is amplifying the wrong Bush did and stealing what little money the private economy has left. That makes Bush the first fool, and Obama an exponentially larger fool. You can't borrow yourself out of bankruptcy and debt.

"You can't borrow yourself out of bankruptcy and debt"...I agree with that, and I'm not happy with the way that things are going either, but little clusters of Righties holding "tea parties" and to rant and pompously blame those who lean to the left for all the nation's woes isn't gonna change a damn thing. It just helps to alienate the two sides, and keeps them from putting their heads together and protesting en masse...and you can bet that makes many of our so-called "leaders" happy.

Guess you missed the part about it being non-partisan. If you object to the massive spending spree our government insists on going on, why don't you go to a tea party to let them know? Unless you think bitching on a message board and doing nothing will yield better results.

They miss that part OVER AND OVER. Scarey huh ?

They DO! Which is it -- wax or fingers in their ears?

They DO! Which is it -- wax or fingers in their ears?

If it were only that easy. :lol:

Go Oreo, I too recieved a message that ours would have to be held at a larger area, this is taking hold and you are absolutely dead on right, this is not a democrat, republican, conservative, liberal issue. IT IS AN AMERICAN ISSUE. Everyone needs to show up for their tea party. We all agree that we need changes in Medical Care etc, but be assured BIG GOVERNMENT is not the answer. Just look at how the government runs the postal service and social security and ask yourself: do you really think that they are capable of running anything. Look what they have done with Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and ask yourself again: Do you think they are capable of running anything? Look what they have done to Medicare and Medicaid: Do you really think they are capable of running anything? Ask a veteran how their health benefits are going: Do you really think they are capable of running anything? THEY CAN'T BALANCE THEIR OWN DAMN BUDGET, HOW IN THE WORLD ARE WE GOING TO TRUST THEM TO RUN ANYTHING EFFICIENTLY. NO MORE BAILOUTS, NO MORE HUGE SPENDING BILLS PASSED WITHOUT EVEN READING THEM. NO MORE TAXES WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!!!!

SILENT MAJORITY: ATTEND YOUR TEA PARTIES, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN IF YOU ARE LIBERAL, CONSERVATIVE, INDEPENDENT, REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT, YOU ARE AN AMERICAN AND WE NEED TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK.

Yeah, uh-huh, but tell me...where were all the Righties and their tea parties when Bush & Company were misusing all our tax dollars?
About the only time the Right came out to protest during the Bush years was when some might decide to wander on down to a local anti-war demonstration and heckle folks there.
And as much as the Righties are trying to bill these tea parties as something for ALL Americans, the promotion seems to be exclusively from far-right sources, with alot of partisan bullshit about "teabagging Obama" and such...like this is all suddenly Obama's fault and just started in January 2009.
I googled "tea party", with my home city & state included...the only relevant hit that jumped up was a Glenn Beck fansite promoting a tea party for 4/15 on the steps of the State Capitol in Harrisburg, PA.
So far, 16 registered attendees and 4 "maybes". Wow, yee-haw, that's quite a turn-out...and yet this is a predominately conservative area.

This is a protest against government, not a political party. Republicans and Democrats are essentially the same big government monster that must be stopped.

Since when does taxes matter? It is government spending that is the problem. If a government spends like Bush and Obama, jobs have been and will be destroyed. Worse yet, our dollar is taking a hit too because of it. This protest is against spending and giving our money to powerful people and bankers that don't deserve it. This protest is against the (dis)stimulus package which takes money away from us once more, that could be used to create productive jobs, and instead is squandered away.

It's been pointed out several times but there are those who continue to ignore this and blather on about Republicans and Bush. Guess they were absent the day reading comprehension was taught.

they were screaming bloody murder, asshole
at least the conservatives were

Hi Everyone--my local tea party was going to be held at City Hall-. I was contacted today & they have had to move it to a large downtown park. Next Wednesday, April 15th is your opportunity to speak up. This is not a partisan issue. This is about republicans, democrats & independents who are fed up with wasteful government spending & bail-out after bail-out. It's about our government finally paying attention to US, the American taxpayers of this country.

If you don't know where your tea party is, you can call your local chamber of commerce & they will let you know. The more of us that show up--means that we can't be ignored by our big spending government.

I must admit this is the first protest I have ever been involved with! This is just way to important for you or I to ignore. Please make the effort & show up this coming Wednesday--April 15th at your local tea party.

We need everyone there!
my friend just asked me to go to one at the park downtown. Not sure if I am going to go, she is my republican friend and I know it is non partisan but I just patched things up with her after she said some crap about liberals to me knowing I am liberal this summer. It would be fun to attend, which is why I think I will probably go.
if you are against the bailout crap and the rest of the ridiculous over spending the government is doing, then you belong there
if you think the government can better spend your money than you can, dont bother

Take you queue from the Black liberation movement.

They bearly got doodlesquat done, then they burnt down a few cities, and suddenly American pols understood that something seriously needed to be done.

So, basically, you are advocating direct action, INCLUDING ARMED REVOLUTION AND ACTS OF TERROR, directed against the U.S. government for tax relief?

REALLY?

People REALLY need to read what you've written here. You're advocating American people burning down cities to show they're pissed off.

Yeah, that's a logical response.

Last edited:
Some more from the tea party....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwdOwgD5OsY]YouTube - Project 912 Glenn Beck Tea Party[/ame]

Transcript of the craziest comments on book burning, that occur at about 5 minutes:
Woman: [Shouts] “Burn the books!” [applause]

Man: “I don’t think you were serious about that, were you?”

Woman: “I am too.”

Man: “Burn all the books?!”

Woman: “The ones in college, those, those brainwashing books.”

Man: “[laughs] Brainwashing books?”

Woman: “Yes.”

Man: “Which ones are those?”

Woman: “Like, the evolution crap, and, yeah...”

Last edited:
Wow, some of you people simply don't know how to read. What a bunch of dolts. Bush, Obama, who cares what party. Neither one listens to us.

This is about republicans, democrats & independents who are fed up with wasteful government spending & bail-out after bail-out. It's about our government finally paying attention to US, the American taxpayers of this country.

Then say something worthy of being heard.

We had one experiance with the government doing nothing. That was the First Great Republican Depression. If Obama actually pulls our irons out of the fire and we do not experiance the Second Great Republican Depression, as onerous as these bailouts are, they will be well worth it.

Then it is time to examine the records for criminal charges that can be brought against the people that created this debacle.

Hi Everyone--my local tea party was going to be held at City Hall-. I was contacted today & they have had to move it to a large downtown park. Next Wednesday, April 15th is your opportunity to speak up. This is not a partisan issue. This is about republicans, democrats & independents who are fed up with wasteful government spending & bail-out after bail-out. It's about our government finally paying attention to US, the American taxpayers of this country.

If you don't know where your tea party is, you can call your local chamber of commerce & they will let you know. The more of us that show up--means that we can't be ignored by our big spending government.

I must admit this is the first protest I have ever been involved with! This is just way to important for you or I to ignore. Please make the effort & show up this coming Wednesday--April 15th at your local tea party.

We need everyone there!
my friend just asked me to go to one at the park downtown. Not sure if I am going to go, she is my republican friend and I know it is non partisan but I just patched things up with her after she said some crap about liberals to me knowing I am liberal this summer. It would be fun to attend, which is why I think I will probably go.
if you are against the bailout crap and the rest of the ridiculous over spending the government is doing, then you belong there
if you think the government can better spend your money than you can, dont bother
I agree with some government spending! For one I am single mother that has recieved help in the passed and I am also a student who gets finacial aid. But I do not agree with the bail out in most cases and some of the other government spending.
I will probably go, mostly because it will be a learning experience.

SILENT MAJORITY: ATTEND YOUR TEA PARTIES, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN IF YOU ARE LIBERAL, CONSERVATIVE, INDEPENDENT, REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT, YOU ARE AN AMERICAN AND WE NEED TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK.

Make sure you get your tea-bagging in on Wednesday!

:eusa_whistle:

Take you queue from the Black liberation movement.

They bearly got doodlesquat done, then they burnt down a few cities, and suddenly American pols understood that something seriously needed to be done.

So, basically, you are advocating direct action, INCLUDING ARMED REVOLUTION AND ACTS OF TERROR, directed against the U.S. government for tax relief?

REALLY?

People REALLY need to read what you've written here. You're advocating American people burning down cities to show they're pissed off.

Yeah, that's a logical response.

And very telling. As I recall there were several folk who threatened a revolution if the obamalama was not nominated by the DNC. Whydoya think they tossed Hillary under the bus?

msnbc.com Video Player

Even my 11 year old son could have told you that tea-bagging is a "no no."

The only time I've heard the term "teabagging" previously was as a slang term describing what could be considered a somewhat kinky sexual act.
So when I first heard rightwingers talking about "teabagging Obama" awhile back, I got this mental image that alternately turned my stomach, then cracked me up.
Had one of the right-wing commentators on the radio one day while driving down the highway...when he started ranting about "teabagging" people I lost it so bad I damn near had to pull over to keep from wrecking!

The only time I've heard the term "teabagging" previously was as a slang term describing what could be considered a somewhat kinky sexual act.
So when I first heard rightwingers talking about "teabagging Obama" awhile back, I got this mental image that alternately turned my stomach, then cracked me up.
Had one of the right-wing commentators on the radio one day while driving down the highway...when he started ranting about "teabagging" people I lost it so bad I damn near had to pull over to keep from wrecking!

And people say there isn't a god....

Hi-fucking-larious.

If you like that one, DVD, check this one out:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/health-and-lifestyle/73522-2m4m.html

In the same week, even.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back