April 15th Tea Party moved to larger location

It will be interesting to see what happens on the 15th. It isn't listed on the tea party web site, but the area where I live has a big day planned at the county courthouse. There is enough people interested that some businesses in town are closing at noon. It should be interesting......
BTW- it seems to me that if FOX News has such high ratings, and this tea party thing has so many people interested, wouldn't it be prudent to pay attention to these folks instead of trying to marginalize them?
I'm not dem or reb, just concerned about how this country has been run for the past several years and where it is headed. I will be at the Tea Party on the 15th, see you there.

personally during the last 8 years I attended a few anti-war protests, wrote lots of letters and lived my life. I didn't find this board until last fall or you would have seen some posts on here too.
Some folks just seem to assume that everyone fits into those two idiotic catagories, dem or reb. We can tell who you are, don't try to deny it. Some of us don't fit either, I am one of those. I have bitched about every administration since Nixon son, so don't be surprised when I bitch about your hero now......

A Wednesday protest, eh?

Yep, that'll have a big crowd.

:cuckoo:

Why this year?

Oh yeah, because a Democrat is president now so taxes are bad again.

Actually, taxes haven't changed one bit.

Since when does taxes matter? It is government spending that is the problem. If a government spends like Bush and Obama, jobs have been and will be destroyed. Worse yet, our dollar is taking a hit too because of it. This protest is against spending and giving our money to powerful people and bankers that don't deserve it. This protest is against the (dis)stimulus package which takes money away from us once more, that could be used to create productive jobs, and instead is squandered away.

Hi Everyone--my local tea party was going to be held at City Hall-. I was contacted today & they have had to move it to a large downtown park. Next Wednesday, April 15th is your opportunity to speak up. This is not a partisan issue. This is about republicans, democrats & independents who are fed up with wasteful government spending & bail-out after bail-out. It's about our government finally paying attention to US, the American taxpayers of this country.

If you don't know where your tea party is, you can call your local chamber of commerce & they will let you know. The more of us that show up--means that we can't be ignored by our big spending government.

I must admit this is the first protest I have ever been involved with! This is just way to important for you or I to ignore. Please make the effort & show up this coming Wednesday--April 15th at your local tea party.

We need everyone there!

Let me get this straight...you're happy because they moved your protest from what one would assume to be a strategically beneficial high-visibility area in front of your local City Hall government offices, and instead they tucked it away in a park somewhere where you can perhaps be seen but not really heard?

Losing the "high ground" is not a victory.

From what I've heard so far, these "tea parties" appear to be a way to allow groups of angry conservatives to vent a little frustration and hopefully feel better, without causing any problems while they do so...or likely changing anything.

They are being primarily promoted by right-wing pundits, and on right-wing blogs...which makes the whole thing just another partisan yapping point and therefore means that you will not gain the active attendance and support of the many disgusted lefties and independents out there.

Which is a shame...if all the pissed off people from all different political persuasions managed to put aside their differences and stand together to protest some of their common grievances, We The People might finally see some actual "change".

Hi Everyone--my local tea party was going to be held at City Hall-. I was contacted today & they have had to move it to a large downtown park. Next Wednesday, April 15th is your opportunity to speak up. This is not a partisan issue. This is about republicans, democrats & independents who are fed up with wasteful government spending & bail-out after bail-out. It's about our government finally paying attention to US, the American taxpayers of this country.

If you don't know where your tea party is, you can call your local chamber of commerce & they will let you know. The more of us that show up--means that we can't be ignored by our big spending government.

I must admit this is the first protest I have ever been involved with! This is just way to important for you or I to ignore. Please make the effort & show up this coming Wednesday--April 15th at your local tea party.

We need everyone there!

Let me get this straight...you're happy because they moved your protest from what one would assume to be a strategically beneficial high-visibility area in front of your local City Hall government offices, and instead they tucked it away in a park somewhere where you can perhaps be seen but not really heard?

From what I've heard so far, these "tea parties" appear to be a way to allow groups of angry conservatives to vent a little frustration and hopefully feel better, without causing any problems while they do so...or likely changing anything.

They are being primarily promoted by right-wing pundits, and on right-wing blogs...which makes the whole thing just another partisan yapping point and therefore means that you will not gain the active attendance and support of the many disgusted lefties and independents out there.

Which is a shame...if all the pissed off people from all different political persuasions managed to put aside their differences and stand together to protest some of their common grievances, We The People might finally see some actual "change".

This is dishonest fuck speak for "we have to work together while our moron is in charge"

We need everyone there!

It is unfortunate that the liberal media outlets choose to minimize a jeer at the tea party, while the consetrvative media promotes it. It is intended to be non-partisan and attract the same people that you describe in your great post. The coverage by the media appears to have much to do with polarizing the people into the same old tired two groups.
The weak-minded, both reb and dem, among us can't get past the intended division.

We need everyone there!

This is dishonest fuck speak for "we have to work together while our moron is in charge"

That's amusing.
How did you get THAT from what I said?
I specifically referenced "...pissed off people from all different political persuasions...(putting) aside their differences and stand together to protest some of their common grievances"...and had that started back when YOUR moron was in charge, maybe the previous administration wouldn't have been able to mislead us into Iraq.

That's amusing.
I specifically referenced "...pissed off people from all different political persuasions...(putting) aside their differences and stand together to protest some of their common grievances"...and had that started back when YOUR moron was in charge, maybe the previous administration wouldn't have been able to mislead us into Iraq.

Do any of you see the irony in arguing over who's moron did a better job?
The bottom line is they are all morons....................worse yet, they are all self serving liars and thieves.

We need everyone there!

It is unfortunate that the liberal media outlets choose to minimize a jeer at the tea party, while the consetrvative media promotes it. It is intended to be non-partisan and attract the same people that you describe in your great post. The coverage by the media appears to have much to do with polarizing the people into the same old tired two groups.
The weak-minded, both reb and dem, among us can't get past the intended division.

My point exactly...well, that, and the fact that if these teaparties grow they're gonna be tucked away, same as what was done with many anti-war protests.

We are losing cerain rights in this country that are very important to out future-regardless of political persuasion.

In many ways, our two political parties are just two different sides of the same coin, and I think the tea parties are a good idea, I'm not neccessarily knocking them...but you aren't gonna swell the ranks with people of varied beliefs when your best publicists are nutbars like Limbaugh and Hannity.

That's amusing.

Do any of you see the irony in arguing over who's moron did a better job?
The bottom line is they are all morons....................worse yet, they are all self serving liars and thieves

LOL-we agree!:clap2:

That's amusing.

that's exactly where I got it from, you dishonest fucks were not willing to put aside your differences and work with my moron,, you only want to do that when your moron is in charge. got it now?

Forum List

Back