Appellate Ruling Upholds Texas Abortion Law

So should there be no laws concerning abortion? At what stage is it acceptable to the libs to protect life.

At the point it's outside the woman's body. Before that, it really should be up to her judgement.

Look, any woman who is having an abortion after the second trimester wanted the baby. If they are having an abortion at that point, something has gone horribly wrong, and the rest of us should just mind our own business.

So should there be no laws concerning abortion? At what stage is it acceptable to the libs to protect life.

there is law concerning abortion. it's called roe v wade.

i love misogynists. :thup:

now run along and stop telling grown women what to do with their bodies. contrary to the beliefs of the rabid religious right, we are not incubators.

i've never met anyone wise enough to make those types of moral judgments for other people.

and i know for a fact that you certainly aren't.

Liberals are okay with the government being involved in personal private business (healthcare mandate), as long as they agree with the subject. As soon as they disagree, well then government suddenly has no right to interfere with personal private business.

Right wing progressive statism in its finest: progressivism as a reform impulse through political means to change or enforce societal codes.

Notice that I neither agree nor disagree with the ruling, only that is big government statism from the right wing.

Hmmmp, When I think Big government, I think new huge Bureaucracies. I don't see how a law requiring a procedure before an abortion is Big Government.

When you use state or national government to enforce a procedure based on morality, then, yeah, it is big government statism.

Right wing progressive statism in its finest: progressivism as a reform impulse through political means to change or enforce societal codes.

Notice that I neither agree nor disagree with the ruling, only that is big government statism from the right wing.

Hmmmp, When I think Big government, I think new huge Bureaucracies. I don't see how a law requiring a procedure before an abortion is Big Government.

When you use state or national government to enforce a procedure based on morality, then, yeah, it is big government statism.

Does that mean you oppose the government tracking prescription drug use to make sure Rush doesn't get to many pills?

A "Big government" conservative is a social conservative.

Yep, they believe in free-markets--until it causes "social decline" like abortion, drugs, prostitution, and/or homosexuality. In those cases, the product/service is to be banned!!

BANNED BANNED BANNED
the social conservatives say.​

Don't you just love their concepts of liberty?

Liberals are okay with the government being involved in personal private business (healthcare mandate), as long as they agree with the subject. As soon as they disagree, well then government suddenly has no right to interfere with personal private business.

Conservatives are the same way.

Does that mean you oppose the government tracking prescription drug use to make sure Rush doesn't get to many pills?

I said above I am not approving or disapproving. The point is that the term "progressivism" needs to understood correctly.

I said above I am not approving or disapproving. The point is that the term "progressivism" needs to understood correctly.

I understand the term, I am asking you to refine your definition. Does telling a doctor not to prescribe to a patient if he has a prescription from another doctor count as being a statist or not?

What you are asking does not redefine progressivism as a political tool of reform used by all parties, from right to left, to use big government to make social, government, cultural, and or economic change.

That is the point.

You can't change the truth.

What you are asking does not redefine progressivism as a political tool of reform used by all parties, from right to left, to use big government to make social, government, cultural, and or economic change.

That is the point.

In other words, you personally support the government interfering in patient decisions as long as it is something you feel is morally justified. That, by your definition, makes you a statist, glad to see you finally admit it.

That is the point.

In other words, you personally support the government interfering in patient decisions as long as it is something you feel is morally justified. That, by your definition, makes you a statist, glad to see you finally admit it.

Go back and read what I wrote. I clearly stated that I neither approved or disapproved.

By your writing, you are a liar. Go back and clean this up.

there is law concerning abortion. it's called roe v wade.

i love misogynists. :thup:

now run along and stop telling grown women what to do with their bodies. contrary to the beliefs of the rabid religious right, we are not incubators.

i've never met anyone wise enough to make those types of moral judgments for other people.

and i know for a fact that you certainly aren't.

Really? Now how would you know that? There has to be a point were life matters, even to a brainwashed lib, and Roe v wade doesn't cover states right to regulate abortion as they see fit. They may not be able to ban abortion, but they can regulate, as a lawyer you should know that.

That is the point.

Go back and read what I wrote. I clearly stated that I neither approved or disapproved.

By your writing, you are a liar. Go back and clean this up.

Clean what up? I asked a simple question. Answer it to prove me wrong or admit I am right.

Forum List

Back