Appellate Ruling Upholds Texas Abortion Law

In other words, you personally support the government interfering in patient decisions as long as it is something you feel is morally justified. That, by your definition, makes you a statist, glad to see you finally admit it.

Go back and read what I wrote. I clearly stated that I neither approved or disapproved.

By your writing, you are a liar. Go back and clean this up.

Clean what up? I asked a simple question. Answer it to prove me wrong or admit I am right.

You asked a question to which, based on what I have written, has no answer, then you answered it for me. That is unethical. I neither approve nor disapprove. I have merely properly defined "progressivism" and classified "statism". Those definitions are what you have to work with, nothing else.

What you are asking does not redefine progressivism as a political tool of reform used by all parties, from right to left, to use big government to make social, government, cultural, and or economic change.

That is the point.

You can't change the truth.

In other words, you personally support the government interfering in patient decisions as long as it is something you feel is morally justified. That, by your definition, makes you a statist, glad to see you finally admit it.

Ironic, because banning abortion is about as statist as it gets.

So on this one issue, I guess Democrats are against Education? I mean that is all this is. making sure they make an Informed Decision. Just from my own Experience alone with 2 kids, I wager more than a handful of Women thinking about Abortion, Choose Adoption or keeping the kid after actually seeing it in the womb. Especially the further along ones.

Once you see what is with out a Doubt, a little person, with hands and feet and a thumb to suck, it's harder to terminate it.

What is so wrong, with some women changing their minds and choosing not to abort?

And why are so many on the left so unwilling to compromise? This Law does nothing at all to stop a woman right to Abortion. It's simply a compromise, an attempt to at least make sure they are fully aware of what they are doing.

There are so many people out there wanting children and can't have them....if this even changed 1 out of 10 girls minds about abortion and for adoption it's so worth it!

What you are asking does not redefine progressivism as a political tool of reform used by all parties, from right to left, to use big government to make social, government, cultural, and or economic change.

That is the point.

My point. QPW is arguing that I am statist, when I have merely defined "progressivism" and "statism" for him. I believe he is irked that one can be of the progressive right-wing and a statist.

Last edited:
Wow, women fully informed about a potentially life changing decision. What a concept. No wonder left wingers are against it.

unless you are a moron, most people understand the concept of what a fetus is...I mean you can all try to play up the whole information angle, but we are not that stupid.

Yes, a 15 yr old is fully aware....when it's possible that her parents never even talked to her about this possibility earlier. When she may have been friends with other kids that may have told her abortion meant nothing, it's only a fetus which means nothing. She hasn't had the right people in her life to give her the information she needed or for her to go for help to.
They need to be FULLY informed...then it's up to them to decide. I think this is a wonderful law and all states should adopt it!

Go back and read what I wrote. I clearly stated that I neither approved or disapproved.

By your writing, you are a liar. Go back and clean this up.

Clean what up? I asked a simple question. Answer it to prove me wrong or admit I am right.

You asked a question to which, based on what I have written, has no answer, then you answered it for me. That is unethical. I neither approve nor disapprove. I have merely properly defined "progressivism" and classified "statism". Those definitions are what you have to work with, nothing else.

I did not answer for you, I pointed out the logical conclusion from your posts. All you have to do to prove me wrong is speak up and say you oppose the government getting involved in decisions between patients and doctors that involve prescription medicine. Instead of doing that you continuously mount personal attack.

That makes you a statist by your definition. Everyone here already knows that, so I just thanked you for finally admitting it.

That is the point.

It would, if you can find anyplace I said we should ban abortion.

Since you jumped in, do you think the government should regulate prescription medicines to make sure that someone does not prescription shop painkillers?

My point. QPW is arguing that I am statist, when I have merely defined "progressivism" and "statism" for him. I believe he is irked that one can be of the progressive right-wing and a statist.

You are a statist, I am just using your definition to prove it.

I did not answer for you, I pointed out the logical conclusion from your posts. All you have to do to prove me wrong is speak up and say you oppose the government getting involved in decisions between patients and doctors that involve prescription medicine. Instead of doing that you continuously mount personal attack.

That makes you a statist by your definition. Everyone here already knows that, so I just thanked you for finally admitting it.

Quit lying. (1) I stated I neither approved nor disapproved of government interference in a woman's decision. (2) Thus you stated that I said something that I did not say, making your inference thus immaterial at face value. (3) The inference you made is also false because you created a premise I never stated, then you proceeded to refute a premise I never mad.e (4) Telling you correctly that you lied is not not a personal attack. (4) I don't have to prove you wrong when you have never stated anything accurately. (6) We can accurately infer that you are a right wing progressive statist, QPW.

Last edited:

You can't is the point because I stated I neither approved nor disapproved.

The most you can say is that you are not sure whether I am a statist.

We can say you are, based on your writing, a right wing progressive statist.

You can't is the point because I stated I neither approved nor disapproved.

We can say you are, based on your writing, a right wing progressive statist.

If you do not disapprove you are a statist, just like everyone else who fails to disapprove.

I don't have to disprove anything because that was not my point. You, however, based on what you have written are undoubtedly a big government statist.

I don't have to disprove anything because that was not my point. You, however, based on what you have written are undoubtedly a big government statist.

It is, however, my point. The fact that you do not disapprove of the government interfering between a doctor and a patient makes you a statist.

Your point is based on nothing I have said. Your inference is then based on nothing. Fail.

And fail for lying in the first place, stating I said something I did not, then try to hide behind you "inferred" it.

Last edited:
Your point is based on nothing I have said. Your inference is then based on nothing. Fail.

And fail for lying in the first place, stating I said something I did not, then try to hide behind you "inferred" it.

You have constantly supported many things that only a statist would support. Additionally, you once called me a statist for saying that the federal government does not have the power to kill people on the streets.

I inferred nothing, you declare it everytime you post.

There’s no such thing as a ‘statist,’ it’s an inane, made-up word by the right.

Really? You might want to tell Merriam Webster that someone hacked their dictionary.

Statist - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Well, by your site's definition, you or I or almost everybody on the board is not a statist.

Definition of STATISM: concentration of economic controls and planning in the hands of a highly centralized government often extending to government ownership of industry

Since the Reagan years, we have witnessed the deregulation of American business by the government.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back