Appellate Ruling Upholds Texas Abortion Law

Actually, it's sort of retarded...

Do you really think laying a guilt trip on women is doing them any good?

To simply inform the women let her see what will happen how is that wrong? Doctosr do this before medical procedures all the time, it seems the libs have no problem with planned parenthood pushing abortion first, Why not adaption first? What are the libs afraid of? it's only a mass of cells right?

why do you feel the need to tell Doctors how to do their jobs?
I thought seeing a doctor was a private matter? So why have a law like this?

Oh......you will just look the other way? Figures, and this is why people like you and charles are full of shit.

States have regulations that doctors have to follow all the time, it seems to me you have no problem with the federal government telling doctors how much they are allowed to charge, or lawyers forcing doctors to preform unnecessary tests for fear of law suit. Most doctors won't even deliver babies anymore because of all the law suites. This ultra sound is not really a problem except for the pro-abortion whack jobs

Last edited:
To simply inform the women let her see what will happen how is that wrong? Doctosr do this before medical procedures all the time, it seems the libs have no problem with planned parenthood pushing abortion first, Why not adaption first? What are the libs afraid of? it's only a mass of cells right?

Oh......you will just look the other way? Figures, and this is why people like you and charles are full of shit.

States have regulations that doctors have to follow all the time, it seems to me you have no problem with the federal government telling doctors how much they are allowed to charge, or lawyers forcing doctors to preform unnecessary tests for fear of law suit. Most doctors won't even deliver babies anymore because of all the law suites. This ultra sound is not really a problem except for the pro-abortion whack jobs

now hold on a second there. Weren't there libs in this thread whining about how conservatives are ok with government intrusion they agree with? Isn't the whole 'doctors should not be told how to run their practice' argument blown out of the water if those libs are ok with government regulations on some aspects of medical practice?

Actually, it's sort of retarded...

Do you really think laying a guilt trip on women is doing them any good?

I don't care if it is doing the woman any good. She is attempting to kill a child. Personally I hope that she is emotionally fucked up for a good long time.

Besides the rather silly notion that a fetus the size of a kidney bean is a "child", I think this really shows more your misogyny than any real concern for children. Nope. I like women. Lots. I like children as well. Fetus is the medical term for a human bean (sorry, couldn't help it) at a particular stage of development. So is teenager or geriatric for that matter. So, "child" is not a silly notion.

How about this. If you want there to be less abortions (something we all can agree one), why not support...

Paid Family Leave No problem with it. It is the employers call. Most employers understand that the better the benifits package the better employee they will attract.
Full medical coverage for pre- and post natal care. That's what insurance is for. Mine covers it.
Sex education without religious moralism Again, where is the problem?
Allowing payments to women who put heir babies up for adoption. This doesn't already happen? I learned something new. Thanks.

France not only has legal abortion, but the government pays for it. But they have only about half the number of abortions we do per capita. Why? They have all those other things I listed.

Meanwhile, countries like the Philippines have more abortions than we do, because even though they are illegal, women have no problems finding someone to perform them.

:eusa_whistle:

So much for all that pissing and moaning about a bureauocrat coming between a patient and his or her doctor.

What's next? Are they going to require doctors to show you a picture of your balls before you can have a vasectomy?

So on this one issue, I guess Democrats are against Education? I mean that is all this is. making sure they make an Informed Decision. Just from my own Experience alone with 2 kids, I wager more than a handful of Women thinking about Abortion, Choose Adoption or keeping the kid after actually seeing it in the womb. Especially the further along ones.

Once you see what is with out a Doubt, a little person, with hands and feet and a thumb to suck, it's harder to terminate it.

What is so wrong, with some women changing their minds and choosing not to abort?

And why are so many on the left so unwilling to compromise? This Law does nothing at all to stop a woman right to Abortion. It's simply a compromise, an attempt to at least make sure they are fully aware of what they are doing.

Wrong. The compromise was when the woman's right to an abortion was limited to the first trimester. There is absolutely nothing in the Constitution that gives fetuses personhood, and the attendant rights that the constitution affords persons.

So on this one issue, I guess Democrats are against Education? I mean that is all this is. making sure they make an Informed Decision. Just from my own Experience alone with 2 kids, I wager more than a handful of Women thinking about Abortion, Choose Adoption or keeping the kid after actually seeing it in the womb. Especially the further along ones.

Once you see what is with out a Doubt, a little person, with hands and feet and a thumb to suck, it's harder to terminate it.

What is so wrong, with some women changing their minds and choosing not to abort?

And why are so many on the left so unwilling to compromise? This Law does nothing at all to stop a woman right to Abortion. It's simply a compromise, an attempt to at least make sure they are fully aware of what they are doing.
the left hates it when we know what we are doing... it means we won't support them.

Not only do you NOT know what you're doing, you're trying to tell other people how to do it.

On one hand you say you oppose government involvement in our private lives/decision. Then you turn around and say it's OK if it's the state gubmint. That makes you a hypocrite. And that you consider yourself a "conservative" makes you a phony hypocrite. There's nothing conservative about supporting big gubmint intrusion in our private lives.

I say I don't want you or ANY gubmint involving yourselves in my private life/decisions. And I'm not just talking about abortion. It could be any one of several issues. But since we're on the subject let's talk about abortion.

Unless you're God Almighty, the woman or her doctor you need to keep your fat nose out of it. You're not so fucking perfect that you can judge others or tell them how to run their lives.

You have no right nor any invitation to force your moral beliefs on anyone. Understand?

So you are opposed to Obama's Health Care law?

To simply inform the women let her see what will happen how is that wrong? Doctor do this before medical procedures all the time it seems the libs have no problem with planned parenthood pushing abortion first, Why not adaption first? What are the libs afraid of it's only a mass of cells right?

First, at the point most abortions happen, a ultrasound isn't going to show anything.

Also, I find it funny that the same people who oppose forcing people to buy health insurance they don't want will insist women get a test they didn't ask for or want.

Fact is, nobody but the crazy anti-abortionists consider fetuses to be babies. Not the law, not medical science and not the bible.

Well there shouldn't be any problem then right? And nobody is forcing anyone to get an abortion or not to get an abortion, so your analogy doesn't hold up

If I walk in for an abortion, all I want is the abortion. I don't want a lecture, i don't want an ultrasound and I don't want a lecture about how it makes your sky pixie cry.

So Florida bans pediatricians from voluntarily offering anticipatory guidance on firearm safety in accordance with AAP guidelines, while Texas forces physicians to proselytize to young women.

I think I'm picking up a pattern here. If you can't work your ideological agenda into the doctor-patient relationship, what good is having a conservative majority?

Anybody that supports this law cannot possibly be in favor of small government. In fact, they actually have to be in favor of a big, activist government that forces involvement in the personal lives of its citizens.

So Jroc, why do you support government intervention in our private lives? I never took you for the "big gubmint" type.

1 branch of the government does not make THE ENTIRE government.

This is nothing about 'Big Government.

The court did exactly what it is supposed to do... decided a case brought before it. A case about a STATE, not FEDERAL law.

GOOSE-FAIL.

I must have missed where he criticized the court's decision. Sounds more like he's talking about supporting a legislative act.

So, if the federal government passed a law like this, you would oppose it?

Well there shouldn't be any problem then right? And nobody is forcing anyone to get an abortion or not to get an abortion, so your analogy doesn't hold up

No one is ‘forced’ to read a book, give a speech, or go to church – but he has the right to engage in those activities unmolested by the state.

Of course he would – that’s the joy of conservative hypocrisy.

No becouse it would not be constitutional, But states have every right to regulated medical procedures.

"This is a great day for life in Texas," countered Republican state Sen. Dan Patrick, who represents part of Houston and who sponsored the legislation. "This law is about a woman's right to know so she can have all the information she deserves before making a decision to end a life."

Doesn't a woman already have a right to have a sonogram and the right to know? What does this law do? It forces doctor and patient to undergo a sonogram.

I would think if the woman wanted one, she would get one.

And who pays for this sonogram? The state?

"This is a great day for life in Texas," countered Republican state Sen. Dan Patrick, who represents part of Houston and who sponsored the legislation. "This law is about a woman's right to know so she can have all the information she deserves before making a decision to end a life."

Doesn't a woman already have a right to have a sonogram and the right to know? What does this law do? It forces doctor and patient to undergo a sonogram.

I would think if the woman wanted one, she would get one.

And who pays for this sonogram? The state?

Most neo-cons would be in support of the gubmint using tax dollars for anything (like these forced sonograms) as long as it put another roadblock to something that is against the neo-cons morals. As it is neo-cons only care about fetuses. After a baby is born they don't give two shits about it.

You know, if neo-cons would pay more attention to their own lives and stop trying to force others to conform to their morals this nation would be a lot better off. First they WANT this "big gubmint intervention" in people's lives and then wonder why they are called phony hypocrites when they try to pass themselves off as conservatives.

50% of American women will have an unwanted pregnancy in their lifetime. The Republicans want the government to force these women to have unwanted children. Unwanted children are MUCH more likely to be abused.

Therefore, the Republican Party is pro child abuse.

And don't tell me an embryo is a human being. If it was, then the millions of frozen embryos in labs around the country would have the right own guns.

Wrong. The compromise was when the woman's right to an abortion was limited to the first trimester. There is absolutely nothing in the Constitution that gives fetuses personhood, and the attendant rights that the constitution affords persons.

State laws establish that if a fetus over 1 trimester is killed by anyone other then the mother it is murder. So you are wrong about establishing rights for fetus.

Wow, women fully informed about a potentially life changing decision. What a concept. No wonder left wingers are against it.

I find it deplorable that the government presumes that woman seeking abortions don't already know what they are doing or what's best for their own selves.

So should there be no laws concerning abortion? At what stage is it acceptable to the libs to protect life.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mlOZ6k6grw&feature=related]Conception to birth - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back