Apparently It Isn't Enough That The Little Mermaid Is Now Black

I'm not sure why the Little Mermaid who is supposed to be a teenager is being played by a 56 year old woman.

I'm not sure why the Little Mermaid is being played by a person with LEGS.... I am going to get so angry at this cancel culture, mermaids need a voice they need to be heard or I'm going to start calling everyone woke.

LGBTQISPEDO is a race now..? My, we've come a long way...
iu

Disney itself put "Song of the South" into the vault decades ago because they realized it didn't look good.

Dude, that's one of the greatest Disney movies of all time and Splash Mountain was one of the greatest Disney rides of all time along with Space Mountain. What actually doesn't look good and in fact horrible, are woke liberals such as yourself who cry your libtard tears over the classics and ruin it for everybody.

But it did look good. It was a wonderful children's story. Woke is despicable and fuck you demented sicko Libtards.

That's exactly what I said. I was able to find that movie on Amazon surprisingly enough and it's one of my favorites. I LOVE Uncle Remus!!! :D The fucking woke idiots always have to go after the classics. 🙄

Dude, that's one of the greatest Disney movies of all time and Splash Mountain was one of the greatest Disney rides of all time along with Space Mountain. What actually doesn't look good and in fact horrible, are woke liberals such as yourself who cry your libtard tears over the classics and ruin it for everybody.

I've never advocated banning it, but it's Disney's property, and the can pretty much do with it what they wish, correct?

But it did look good. It was a wonderful children's story. Woke is despicable and fuck you demented sicko Libtards.
Not sure if it's a wonderful story or not. The problem is that it portrays a happy face on slavery.

I've never advocated banning it, but it's Disney's property, and the can pretty much do with it what they wish, correct?

Not sure if it's a wonderful story or not. The problem is that it portrays a happy face on slavery.

1. Yes but that's because Disney is woke.
2. It's depicted after slavery, besides that,.. it's only a movie for crying out loud! In other words, a work of fiction.

Disney itself put "Song of the South" into the vault decades ago because they realized it didn't look good.

Have you actually seen Song of the South?

Even for Incel Joe levels of ignorance, it take seven lower than that to genuinely see it as racist, or to think that it “portrays a happy face on slavery”.

The only stretch by which it could be characterized as “racist” is that it depicts white grown up as being rather foolish compared to the much more sensible black characters. The wisest, most sensible, most good-hearted grown-up character in the whole movie is Uncle Remus himself. In general, the black adults are more favorably depicted this way, than the white adults. I don't see how anyone could watch this film, and conclude otherwise.

As for “portrays a happy face on slavery”, it is explicitly set in the period after slavery has been abolished. No mention or depiction of slavery appears in the movie, and slavery plays no role in the story.

Song of the South probably stands as one of the greatest monuments to the sheer stupidity of cancelling great works on the false basis of presumed “racism” or other mutations of political-correctness.

1. Yes but that's because Disney is woke.
2. It's depicted after slavery, besides that,.. it's only a movie for crying out loud! In other words, a work of fiction.

A work of fiction that portrays the slave owners in a favorable light and slaves or ex-slaves as being okay with their subjectgation.

Have you actually seen Song of the South?

The only stretch by which it could be characterized as “racist” is that it depicts white grown up as being rather foolish compared to the much more sensible black characters. The wisest, most sensible, most good-hearted grown-up character in the whole movie is Uncle Remus himself. In general, the black adults are more favorably depicted this way, than the white adults. I don't see how anyone could watch this film, and conclude otherwise.

I might have seen it as a kid. I've seen clips of it on YouTube, which are... well, pretty bad. It's been off the American Market since 1984, when Eisner announced it would never be released on video.

Yes, it's a racist film, Bob. There's a reason why black people use "Uncle Remus" the way they use "Uncle Tom" as an insult for the ones who suck up to white people too much.

Now, I'm sure this is your idealized America where black people know their place.

As for “portrays a happy face on slavery”, it is explicitly set in the period after slavery has been abolished. No mention or depiction of slavery appears in the movie, and slavery plays no role in the story.

You realize that slavery didn't end after the Civil War, right Bob? That the white racists replaced it with Debt Peonage, Sharecropping, Jim Crow and a bunch of other stuff to keep Uncle Remus in his place.

But, yeah, he can sing "Zippity do da" and show how happy he was with that!

Forum List

Back