Apartment residents told to take down U.S. flags

Never thought you would need something like that but I guess you do...Thanks for the info.

I can understand banning flags hanging on the building. But flag stickers on privately owned cars in the parking lot? :doubt:

While it makes me sick, it truly doesn't surprise me anymore, and that's sad!

Legally, PatekPhilippe, is probably right, but morally it's unconscionable. We live in America and it should be a right to be proud of that, and be able to display it anywhere with pride. If you are offended by a little American flag mounted on someones window, or a bumper sticker, then IMO, you are the ones that need to move, right out of the fuckin' country.

All you anti-big government pro-economic libertartards should have no problem with the business dictating this standard.

Me? I would move out. That would be the classic libertarian solution.

How do dumbasses like this stay in business... I would be out of there asap... Once the word gets around she will be out of business...

Apartment residents told to take down U.S. flags | KATU.com - News, Weather and Sports - Portland, Oregon | Local & Regional

When you rent from a privately owned entity you must conform to their rules in the contract...otherwise you are free to find another place to live.

While I dislike the rule of not being able to hang any flags, I dislike people intruding on a private citizen's/entity's right to do what they want on their property.

One thing about all the flag waving. If you have a flag on your car, and it becomes tattered and dirty, please replace it. Not doing so shows disrespect for our flag.

If you are in the United States and offended by a US flag, you are in the wrong country.

I would have told the manager to go fuck himself and sued him under first amendment infringment, namely my right to voice my support of the US flag.

Perhaps the flags posed a safety risk!

You know, they obstructed the view of the inside of apartments from the manager's front window......

Portland is an embarassment to the state and the country.

Almost, but not quite as bad as Eugene.

I love both places, btw. But the appalling politics make me sick.

If you are in the United States and offended by a US flag, you are in the wrong country.

I would have told the manager to go fuck himself and sued him under first amendment infringment, namely my right to voice my support of the US flag.

And . . . you would have lost on summary judgment. No issue under the Constitution exists in a business deal other than by statute. Does Oregon have such a statute?

And . . . you would have lost on summary judgment. No issue under the Constitution exists in a business deal other than by statute. Does Oregon have such a statute?

No, i would win on a constitutional violation.

Landlords have no right to prohibit the display of flags, in fact landlords have extremly limited rights with tenants.

Apartment complexes can have rules...I lived in a low rent apartment complex (very nice, btw...not terribly low rent, though) and we couldn't post flags or signs on our balconies....

Portland is an embarassment to the state and the country.

Almost, but not quite as bad as Eugene.

I love both places, btw. But the appalling politics make me sick.

Hell, if it were not for Portland and Eugene, there would be no paved roads in Eastern Oregon. For there is no longer a tax base there to support much of any infrastructure.

Having said that, I like both Portland and Eugene as cities, and enjoy their politics, as nutty as they are at times. However, I love the little towns of Eastern Oregon, and especialy a small one just east of John Day.

I will enjoy making the place a bit more liberal:lol:

How do dumbasses like this stay in business... I would be out of there asap... Once the word gets around she will be out of business...

Apartment residents told to take down U.S. flags | KATU.com - News, Weather and Sports - Portland, Oregon | Local & Regional

When you rent from a privately owned entity you must conform to their rules in the contract...otherwise you are free to find another place to live.

Just like Rush has the freedom of speech thing and can say what he wants, there are consequences but you are right.

I think I would be checking my lease VERY carefully to see if this was included, and if not, I believe they'd be hearing from my lawyer.

Forum List

Back