APA Shutting Down Dialogue On Changing Sexual Orientation

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Annie, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Not usually one of my 'topics' but I found this interesting as another example of the shutting down of discussion, or suppressing of free speech. I agree with her that it's pretty hard to figure someone is going to change, but if they wish to seek help?:

http://drhelen.blogspot.com/2006/03/if-youre-gay-you-better-stay-that-way.html

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Aspiring tyrants - before they achieve total power - can be tricky. They deflect - they flatter - they try to manipulate thought and language (there's no need for any of these gymnastics once they've realized their goals; dissent is then mercilessly smashed). But, to the wide awake, these vermin are easy to spot; they have a glaring weakness: the light of day.

The American Left are tyrants, plain and simple. The APA surrendered to them decades ago; they are as lost a cause as the Democrat Party, academia, the mainstream media, and Hollywood. You want to see the essential character of the Left? Watch how they handle deviations from orthodoxy within their own ranks. Not a pretty sight.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Kagom

Kagom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I sound like a broken record when I say this, but NARTH isn't a really good source of information. They're biased and with a major agenda.

However, I feel that if someone truly wants to try and change their sexuality, go on and feel free, but it more than likely won't work. People should have the right to choose. That's really all there is to say.

4. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,185
    Pretty much common knowledge at this point... the APA is a joke. They've knuckled under to militant homosexual pressure, pure and simple. They no doubt have a considerable number of queers amongst their ranks, making it all the easier for the homo's to influence what they say and do. Pathetic.

5. Kagom

Kagom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Pale, let's face it. Both groups probably have an agenda. You can really and truly go on personal convictions it seems, though we'll continue to use one source over the other.

6. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,185
    I'm sure they do. One group's agenda is "stick to nature". The other group's agenda is "stick in your ass".