What Women Want

I couldn't help but laugh, just a little...lol

Topping the list, a husband's emotional engagement is the biggest predictor of his wife's marital happiness — far outweighing other factors such as who does the cooking and cleaning.

wow.

I live in bizzaro world.

Why?

Men are physical. They go out into the world and kill the dragon. This is how men think they show they care.
A woman who's hubby is truly emotionally connected to her, a difference than being emotional, makes her happy.

There again is the emotional bond I spoke of somewhere else. A women bonds thru talking. She has more places in her brain for talking. This, too, is how she figures her problems out. And most men just wish she'd shut up.
But, when she feels connected, she willingly gives herself physically because she feels valued.

Joz said:
Why?

Men are physical. They go out into the world and kill the dragon. This is how men think they show they care.
A woman who's hubby is truly emotionally connected to her, a difference than being emotional, makes her happy.

There again is the emotional bond I spoke of somewhere else. A women bonds thru talking. She has more places in her brain for talking. This, too, is how she figures her problems out. And most men just wish she'd shut up.
But, when she feels connected, she willingly gives herself physically because she feels valued.

Nice of her to make the great sexual "sacrifice" :rolleyes:

dilloduck said:
I think what Joz was getting at is, that if a guy cares about getting a girl "in the mood," he needs to try to connect with her, emotionally. This is how girls get in the mood.

Of course, some guys DON'T care...

mom4 said:
I think what Joz was getting at is, that if a guy cares about getting a girl "in the mood," he needs to try to connect with her, emotionally. This is how girls get in the mood.

For me, it's just like that. I want some insights to my lover. I want to see the same level of desire for 'connection' or 'click' or what have ya exists in her daily life - NOT just when she's on top of me. Not <i>constantly</i> thinking about sex or romance or whatever - but just to see some aspects of our intimacy transcend the sheets. While I AM a 'dreamer' - I'm also a realist.

dmp said:
For me, it's just like that. I want some insights to my lover. I want to see the same level of desire for 'connection' or 'click' or what have ya exists in her daily life - NOT just when she's on top of me. Not <i>constantly</i> thinking about sex or romance or whatever - but just to see some aspects of our intimacy transcend the sheets. While I AM a 'dreamer' - I'm also a realist.

I guess you need to emotionally engage more dude!

dilloduck said:
You must be having a good day there, Dillo.
Not only can you appear to be stupid but you can rankle me at the same time!

mom4 said:
Married women happiest in a blend of modern and traditional.
http://www.family.org/cforum/feature/a0039756.cfm

I can agree with this. I don't want my husband to do half the housework,just a little here and there. He works twice what I do,so I feel it's only fair. I work part time,do all the shopping,the bills and get the kids to the doc and stuff like that. When I need help,he gives it-that's all I want.

AS far as other things,it is extremely important that he is a good dad,and he is.

And I don't think it's a secret that if a woman feels more connected emotionally,sex is more likely and probably better. The one thing I think would help some men to is to realize that if he helps out a little with the kids and house without being asked,then the woman is more relaxed,and more likely to be in the mood.I hear that from women a lot. I don't say that meaning anything derogatory toward men at all. Women get stressed more it seems,and for me if he helps just a little,I don't feel so overwhelmed.

mom4 said:

Not only to get in the mood.
You know that when you & your husband are soooo busy with the kids & life in general, finding that you are just passing in the hallway, on your way to fuflfill committments, you begin to feel disconnected. A quick nookie session helps with the reconnection but you also long for a really good conversation of sharing; of telling & listening. Being intimate on a different level, that you're respected as his partner & equal; for more than just a hole in the mattress.

krisy said:
.....And I don't think it's a secret that if a woman feels more connected emotionally,sex is more likely and probably better.
The one thing I think would help some men to is to realize that if he helps out a little with the kids and house without being asked,then the woman is more relaxed,and more likely to be in the mood.I hear that from women a lot. I don't say that meaning anything derogatory toward men at all. Women get stressed more it seems,and for me if he helps just a little,I don't feel so overwhelmed.
Ta-da!
Men are VERY strong physically. I use to see my hubby bust his ass all day long & then go out & play basketball. I sometimes was soooo tired and still doing stuff at 11pm. And when he said it was bedtime, I did my best to drop everything & go. But eventually it began to take it's toll.
Men doNOT realize how exhausting caring for children and running a household can be.

Joz said:
You must be having a good day there, Dillo.
Not only can you appear to be stupid but you can rankle me at the same time!

It's probably pretty difficult for a male to respond to what women want without looking dumb or pissing one off. Is this thread supposed to be just clues on how to make a woman happy?

dilloduck said:
It's probably pretty difficult for a male to respond to what women want without looking dumb or pissing one off. Is this thread supposed to be just clues on how to make a woman happy?
Just showing trends in gender roles. Don't worry, dillo. Men should be kept happy, too! :)

Joz said:
Not only to get in the mood.
You know that when you & your husband are soooo busy with the kids & life in general, finding that you are just passing in the hallway, on your way to fuflfill committments, you begin to feel disconnected. A quick nookie session helps with the reconnection but you also long for a really good conversation of sharing; of telling & listening. Being intimate on a different level, that you're respected as his partner & equal; for more than just a hole in the mattress.

I agree.

I look forward to my husband coming home and just talking to him about his day and mine. It puts us both in a better mood,and helps us remember there is an "us" around here somewhere.

mom4 said:
Just showing trends in gender roles. Don't worry, dillo. Men should be kept happy, too! :)

Definitely!!!

I do things that I know make him happy too. It goes both ways. I can't say that my husband is demanding at all tho. I mean,if the bills are paid,and everyone is happy,then he is.

Oh,he doesn't mind a nice roast beef dinner once in a while either!!!

mom4 said:

I'm more of the mind that people should really be responsible for thier own happiness--whatever you get from someone else is just icing on the cake---but like I said--this thread is what WOMEN want.

dilloduck said:
....Is this thread supposed to be just clues on how to make a woman happy?
No, but that seems to be the case in most relationships. A smart wife learns what pleases her husband. The time along he requires, the favorite meal he likes, and sacrafices sometimes her own wants/needs to please him. Too many times men expect this rather than reciprocate.

In these threads there's alot of wise information if we care to learn from it.

krisy said:
... helps us remember there is an "us" around here somewhere.
There was an 'us' before children. If time is not taken along the was to cultivate an 'us', there won't be an 'us' after the children are grown & have established a home of their own.

Forum List

Back