AP Poll: Americans high on Obama, direction of US

Here's the kicker...

Of course you have to go down to the 5th paragraph from the end to read...

Of those who say the country is on the right track in the AP-GfK poll, 73 percent are Democrats, 17 percent are independents and 10 percent are Republicans.

Is there any surprise there? What percentage of the 25% or so who thought Bush was doing a good by the end of his term were Democrats?

The AP-GfK poll suggests that 64 percent of the public approves of Obama's job performance,

That is pretty good, significantly higher than the % that voted for him.

... the percentage of Americans saying the country is headed in the right direction rose to 48 percent, up from 40 percent in February. Forty-four percent say the nation is on the wrong track. Not since January 2004, shortly after the capture of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, has an AP survey found more "right direction" than "wrong direction" respondents.

Given that he inhereted a huge recession and constant right wing attack by the conservative media and its followers, Obama's numbers at this juncture are good.

Here's the kicker...

Of those who say the country is on the right track in the AP-GfK poll, 73 percent are Democrats, 17 percent are independents and 10 percent are Republicans.

Is there any surprise there? What percentage of the 25% or so who thought Bush was doing a good by the end of his term were Democrats?

The AP-GfK poll suggests that 64 percent of the public approves of Obama's job performance,

... the percentage of Americans saying the country is headed in the right direction rose to 48 percent, up from 40 percent in February. Forty-four percent say the nation is on the wrong track. Not since January 2004, shortly after the capture of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, has an AP survey found more "right direction" than "wrong direction" respondents.

Given that he inhereted a huge recession and constant right wing attack by the conservative media and its followers, Obama's numbers at this juncture are good.

Thank you!!! Everyone loves to attack him without providing any intelligent and alternative solutions to the problems he's facing!!! The guy's been in office 100 days and the right is constantly calling him a failure!!!

Here's an idea...let's support our President because he IS our President and there's nothing that can be done about it for four years!! If you disagree with him, disagree with him without calling him names or making derogatory comments!! I think the majority of the right, not all, but most have no grounds for disapproval... they're just sore losers!!!

Here's the kicker...

BOTTOM LINE, so far, so good.

How many vacations had Bush taken at this point in his presidency?

You do know Bush broke the record for vacation days, right?

Here's the kicker...

Very good point!!! Clinton spent 152 days on vacation during his two terms!!! Bush, had already tallied 250 days at a point in August of 2003!!!

Thank you!!! Everyone loves to attack him without providing any intelligent and alternative solutions to the problems he's facing!!! The guy's been in office 100 days and the right is constantly calling him a failure!!!

Here's an idea...let's support our President because he IS our President and there's nothing that can be done about it for four years!! If you disagree with him, disagree with him without calling him names or making derogatory comments!! I think the majority of the right, not all, but most have no grounds for disapproval... they're just sore losers!!!

There are plenty of intelligent and alternative solutions to the problems he's facing. Can you name a problem he's succeeded at fixing?

The left is the side the resorts to namecalling. Mostly because you cant argue on the merits of your position.

Here's the kicker...

I couldn't agree more...we should ALL support our President because he IS our President and there was nothing that could be done about it for EIGHT years. The past EIGHT years have been frought with hate for President Bush and all at the hands of some VERY sore losers! But now that the name calling and disapproval is being shifted to the other side... well...it's pretty apparent to you now isn't it? It's real easy to stand in judgement when you're defending your position as opposed to attacking someone else's postition as was done throughout the ENTIRE time Bush was in office.

And if you REALLY HONESTLY believe that there isn't anything to disapprove of in the current administration, then you had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to disapprove of from Bush. The question is, can you be really truly honest with yourself and everyone else?

But I doubt that to be the case.

Here's the kicker...

Very good point!!! Clinton spent 152 days on vacation during his two terms!!! Bush, had already tallied 250 days at a point in August of 2003!!!

Hell, I wouldn't have taken vacation either if I was getting blown in the Oval Office all day!

Why leave town???

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

There are plenty of intelligent and alternative solutions to the problems he's facing. Can you name a problem he's succeeded at fixing?

The left is the side the resorts to namecalling. Mostly because you cant argue on the merits of your position.

The left is the side that resorts to namecalling?

Hardly.

We can argue the merits of any position you want.

Obama is doing a great job, and most Americans like him.

Here's the kicker...

Why is it that every time we talk about Obama, you talk about Bush? If Obama's success is going to be measured on whether or not he can outperform Bush, it should be an easy task. Bush was horrible. But let's not kid ourselves, Obama is not much of an improvement.

Here's the kicker...

Why is it that every time we talk about Obama, you talk about Bush? If Obama's success is going to be measured on whether or not he can outperform Bush, it should be an easy task. Bush was horrible. But let's not kid ourselves, Obama is not much of an improvement.

Obama is a big improvement.

We are leaving Iraq, we aren't torturing people anymore, we are closing down Gitmo, we are re-regulating the markets, we are pumping money into the system to prevent deflation, we are starting clean energy programs, and we have an intelligent engaged president who presents a new face of America to the world.

We are leaving Iraq, we aren't torturing people anymore, we are closing down Gitmo, we are re-regulating the markets, we are pumping money into the system to prevent deflation, we are starting clean energy programs, and we have an intelligent engaged president who presents a new face of America to the world.

Undoing what Bush did does not mean he's an improvement. I didn't want the "anti-Bush" President, I wanted the President with new ideas. Obama has none.

Undoing what Bush did does not mean he's an improvement. I didn't want the "anti-Bush" President, I wanted the President with new ideas. Obama has none.

What new ideas did McCain offer, assuming you voted for him.

Here's the kicker...

Obama's surpassed Bush by a long shot on vacations.

Here's the kicker...

Obama's surpassed Bush by a long shot on vacations.

Proof, please.

Prove first how many vacations Bush actually took in his first 100 days, otherwise I don't give a shit about lifting a finger to refute their idiotic claims.

Prove first how many vacations Bush actually took in his first 100 days, otherwise I don't give a shit about lifting a finger to refute their idiotic claims.

lol ...

You're the one that made the claim, homey.

I made the exact same claim as my more moronic predecessor who has nothing to do but fawn for Obama the gasbag.

So?

That guy isn't on now, you however, are.

Let's see your proof. I mean, you weren't talking out your ass or anything, were you?

I was retorting with an adequate retort for what it was against. Have a problem with that? If you want to take up his "just cause" then provide evidence that Bush took so many vacations.

Forum List

Back