AP: Obama has delegates to clinch nomination, Clinton open to idea of VP

I think she still has incredible sway with her supporters. I think most of them will come around of their own accord, but if I am wrong, she could bring most of the rest back. Also, she is very impressive for a VP candidate. She would almost surely outshine McCain's choice, and I don't think Republicans could necessarily mobilize around the idea of Clinton as VP as they could around the idea of Clinton as president.

Obama has a very good chance of losing the general if he does not pick Hillary, IMHO. There will be enough apathy to keep lost of Dems at home, particuarly the females.

But take into account that the Dems usually a good percentage of the black vote, Obama will capture 10% more. That in itself could be enough to win.

<<-- watching Hillary's speech on CNN ... she def. doesn't deserve an invite for the VP; she acts like shes the only "worthy" candidate to ever lose ..... she just wont stop, I hope this speech ends with her trying to unite the party because so far she's still talking like she has a chance.

Obama has 2119 and 2118 was needed!!! It's official!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obama 08!!!!!

Hopefully he won't pick her. I'm supporting Obama at this point, but if he puts Hillary on the ticket I'll probably look elsewhere.

That's how I kind of feel, but I doubt he will choose her, especially after her speech tonight, at least I hope so.

Popularity = power.

So, Brittney Spears for President!

We are Democracy. So yes, popularity=power.

And Britney spears is popular as a singer, not a politician. Surely even you can recognize the difference?

No, actually she didn't.

Its called caucuses.

RealClearPolitics - 2008 Elections - Democratic Vote Count

Second set of numbers includes caucuses. First set does not include Michigan. Third set gives Obama the 44% of theoretical voters that he was given out of good faith in Michigan.

But at the end of the day, 198,329 more people marked Hillary Clinton on a ballot this year than Barack Obama. I don't care what votes "count," her name was chosen more. Period.

Hopefully he won't pick her. I'm supporting Obama at this point, but if he puts Hillary on the ticket I'll probably look elsewhere.

And there are twice as many Hillary supporters that will walk away if he doesn't chose her as VP. He needs to pick his poison.

There are other aspects to the particular poison called Hillary, however.

From what I've read and heard from people, the two have a fairly strong dislike of one another. That isn't good.

Obama's message of change suffers a bit when you add to the ticket a person from one of two families who have controlled the White House for 20 years.

And the Clintons will be a constant irritant to Obama in terms of overshadowing his administration (both Bill and Hillary).

I suspect that Obama won't pick her unless the party forces him into it, regardless of what is said publicly.

As for Hillary voters walking away - that's a lot of talk, and no doubt some mean it, but I think the biggest portion of those saying they would do that would, in the end, vote the Dem ticket.

There are other aspects to the particular poison called Hillary, however.

From what I've read and heard from people, the two have a fairly strong dislike of one another. That isn't good.

Obama's message of change suffers a bit when you add to the ticket a person from one of two families who have controlled the White House for 20 years.

And the Clintons will be a constant irritant to Obama in terms of overshadowing his administration (both Bill and Hillary).

I suspect that Obama won't pick her unless the party forces him into it, regardless of what is said publicly.

As for Hillary voters walking away - that's a lot of talk, and no doubt some mean it, but I think the biggest portion of those saying they would do that would, in the end, vote the Dem ticket.

I agree.

I can't speak for others but I will walk. It will be easy. I always respected McCain for his moderate streak. I think his recent move to the right can be attributed to his courting of the neocons. I am honestly thinking about supporting him.

I don't buy the guff you claim to have read. Obama has more skeletons in his closet right now than Hillary does. If Rev Wright had occurred before Super Tuesday, Obama would have lost. Hillary was stronger at the end of the primary season than he was.

The GOP is fearing an Obama/Clinton ticket.

the CHANGE that he spoke of was regarding republicans, you twisted it to mean clinton.

obama is as dirty or dirtier than the clintons when it comes to politics, he is part of the illinois political machine....he used the machine to his benefit as any other politician....he also has tit for tat dealings with lobbyists that he is accused of....he also has taken alot in oil lobby monies like everyone else....

this is where the hypocrisy lies...

thus, obama is better off sticking with the ''change to washington'' that he initially spoke about, which was about republicans....NOT ABOUT HILLARY as you all made it.

Speaking of liabilities for Obama. Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama comes to mind.

Michelle rocks.. caught her in a small venue her in charleston.. inteligent and fiesty she is. On point down to earth with a smidgeon of humor....

Michelle rocks.. caught her in a small venue her in charleston.. inteligent and fiesty she is. On point down to earth with a smidgeon of humor....

Really? Was that before or after she said she wasn't proud of the country she lives in?

I don't buy the guff you claim to have read. .

Fortunately for me the people I have heard it from or read it from have inside knowledge and you don't, so your buying of it is entirely irrelevant.

Fortunately for me the people I have heard it from or read it from have inside knowledge and you don't, so your buying of it is entirely irrelevant.

So a friend of a friend has inside knowledge of what both Clinton and Obama think?

You see how thin that statement is, right?

But I agree with you, Clinton and Obama don't like each other. That doesn't change the fact that Obama needs the Clinton base to win the general.

Forum List

Back