Clinton claims victory in Puerto Rico

Manuel

Jan 7, 2008
Sydney
Clinton claims victory in Puerto Rico - CNN.com

Sen. Hillary Clinton claimed victory in Puerto Rico on Sunday and insisted that she is leading Sen. Barack Obama in the popular vote.

With 93 percent of precincts reporting, Clinton was ahead of Barack Obama by more than a 2-1 ratio.

Her win gives her the larger share of Puerto Rico's 55 delegates.

The Democratic primary season ends Tuesday when Montana and South Dakota cast their votes.

"When the voting concludes on Tuesday, neither Sen. Obama nor I will have the number of delegates to be the nominee," she said in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

"I will lead the popular vote; he will maintain a slight lead in the delegate count," she said.

Obama leads in the overall delegate count -- 2,070 to Clinton's 1,915.

A candidate needs 2,118 to claim the Democratic nomination.

The only thing that surprised me in this election was that Hillary won by what the polls said she'd win by. Usually the polls say she's away ahead, and then she squeaks out a victory (Ohio, Indiana, Texas).

Now if only she can prevent a wafflestomping in South Dakota and Montana, she has a chance to hold tight at around 150 delegates down.

This isn't suprising, Puerto Ricans are more colored struck than Americans. Plus they can't vote in the general election, so who cares about how they voted in the primaries.

Also Hillary and only Hillary is claiming she is winning the popular vote, no one else has made that claim, please show me a source that supports and validates her case??

This isn't suprising, Puerto Ricans are more colored struck than Americans. Plus they can't vote in the general election, so who cares about how they voted in the primaries.

Also Hillary and only Hillary is claiming she is winning the popular vote, no one else has made that claim, please show me a source that supports and validates her case??

Latinos are more color struck than Americans, are they?

You do realize that PR's are Americans, right?

You're FOS. I'm beginning to think you're a Rushbo fan.

I knew you, if know one else would respond :lol:

So I am not politically correct, sue me; I like how you take the focus else where.

Hillary is winning the popular vote without Puerto Rico. If you didn't know, Florida and Michigan now officially count. And yes, Hillary can now officially count the votes she received in Michigan. Wanna bitch about it? Obama received 44% of the delegates and he didn't get a single vote.

Her landslide in Puerto Rico only strengthens her popular vote. Anyone who says she doesn't have the popular vote is at least partially retarded. Seriously.

Forum List

Back