AP: Obama has delegates to clinch nomination, Clinton open to idea of VP

I used to think he shouldn't offer her the VP slot, but I am coming around. I think at the very least he should be considering it for the near term and see how the party unifies in the next month. If there is still great division, then perhaps she would be the right choice.

I used to think he shouldn't offer her the VP slot, but I am coming around. I think at the very least he should be considering it for the near term and see how the party unifies in the next month. If there is still great division, then perhaps she would be the right choice.

I disagree. I think those like Care and Ravir who hate Obama because of this would still refuse to vote for him, and he wouldn't actually gain anything from offering her the spot.

That and she has too much star power. She is too powerful to be a VP.

Hate?

You really do sound like a Bushbot.

Because I say you hate a candidate?

You 2 have done nothing but spew on all about Hillary has been cheated, and blah blah blah for ages now. Your not as bad as Care is (who called me a sexist, multiple times, despite the fact that I voted for Hillary over a man before), but yeah I'd say you hate Obama from the vitriol you've spewed in his direction.

I disagree. I think those like Care and Ravir who hate Obama because of this would still refuse to vote for him, and he wouldn't actually gain anything from offering her the spot.

That and she has too much star power. She is too powerful to be a VP.

I think she still has incredible sway with her supporters. I think most of them will come around of their own accord, but if I am wrong, she could bring most of the rest back. Also, she is very impressive for a VP candidate. She would almost surely outshine McCain's choice, and I don't think Republicans could necessarily mobilize around the idea of Clinton as VP as they could around the idea of Clinton as president.

Because I say you hate a candidate?

You 2 have done nothing but spew on all about Hillary has been cheated, and blah blah blah for ages now. Your not as bad as Care is (who called me a sexist, multiple times, despite the fact that I voted for Hillary over a man before), but yeah I'd say you hate Obama from the vitriol you've spewed in his direction.

You aren't quite as smart as you think you are.

Its going to be hard for them to backtrack on what they have said about each other. I also think that Barack Obama can do better with someone else.

he wouldn't actually gain anything from offering her the spot.

She's pretty much the best (or only) chance he'd have at winning this thing. Anyone else is a roulette game.

If he really wants to unite the party, she should be his only consideration. What you'll see in the coming months is that more and more bitter Clinton supporters will look to McCain, McCain's lead will increase in swing states, and Obama will beg Clinton to be his VP.

You're right, though. She's too powerful to be VP, and he's not powerful enough to be President. But hey, can't change the will of the voters at this point. OH WAIT, we CAN, because they did it in Michigan.

Its going to be hard for them to backtrack on what they have said about each other. I also think that Barack Obama can do better with someone else.

His picking Hillary or not depends on whether or not he thinks he can beat McCain on his own...a lot of people think he is now too weak to do that...

the Dems have a strong party...but a weak candidate in Obama...

the Pubs have a weak party....but a strong candidate in McCain...

She didn't like the idea before, he even tried to reach out to her, so why should he consider her now?? Her supporters are upset now because everything is still new but when November rolls around, things will be a lot different and I think Obama's support will increase with or without Hillary.

I think she still has incredible sway with her supporters. I think most of them will come around of their own accord, but if I am wrong,
she could bring most of the rest back. Also, she is very impressive for a VP candidate. She would almost surely outshine McCain's choice, and I don't think Republicans could necessarily mobilize around the idea of Clinton as VP as they could around the idea of Clinton as president.

Thats a definite possibility. But I worry that with all the vitriol thats been spewed in this election that it might be hard for them to suddenly hold hands along with their supporters.

She didn't like the idea before, he even tried to reach out to her, so why should he consider her now?? Her supporters are upset now because everything is still new but when November rolls around, things will be a lot different and I think Obama's support will increase with or without Hillary.

He reached out to her before?

Prove it.

Someone with integrity would think so but these two can turn on a dime and erase history. :eusa_liar:

She's pretty much the best (or only) chance he'd have at winning this thing. Anyone else is a roulette game.

Another Hillary obsessed clown.

If he really wants to unite the party, she should be his only consideration. What you'll see in the coming months is that more and more bitter Clinton supporters will look to McCain, McCain's lead will increase in swing states, and Obama will beg Clinton to be his VP.

Umm, no. Obama will not beg Clinton to be his VP under any circumstances.

You're right, though. She's too powerful to be VP, and he's not powerful enough to be President. But hey, can't change the will of the voters at this point. OH WAIT, we CAN, because they did it in Michigan.

Actually he is powerful enough to be president. More people voted for him, he won more states, he won more pledged delegates, and he won more supers.

Actually he is powerful enough to be president. More people voted for him, he won more states, he won more pledged delegates, and he won more supers.

which explains why he IS the nominee and NOT her.

Popularity = power.

So, Brittney Spears for President!

Forum List

Back