Anyone watching 'The Tick'?

fncceo

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2016
How do you compare it with the 2001 Patrick Warburton series,

The most noticeable difference in the new series is story arcs.

The only villain from the Warburton show to reappear is 'The Terror' who is played with more foreboding and less comedy.

In my opinion, Serafinowicz appears much older than Warburton did when he played the eponymous Tick. I think he's too old for this part.

The most noticeable difference in the new series is story arcs.

The only villain from the Warburton show to reappear is 'The Terror' who is played with more foreboding and less comedy.

In my opinion, Serafinowicz appears much older than Warburton did when he played the eponymous Tick. I think he's too old for this part.

He seems to be doing a good job playing a very over the top role.

Maybe it is hard to find someone to do that well...

But, I have to agree, he seems an odd choice.

Arthur and the story are what made it for me.

Warburton I always thought was the perfect choice for the Tick. Kinda like Reynolds in Deadpool. It's a character that seemed just made for him to play, so someone new taking it is never going to be as good IMO, but that actor did well. He's a bit older, but to me, it's all about getting the voice and mannerisms for this one, which I think he did well at.

I do like the new one quite a bit, it's more adult for sure but I don't think I'd really call it darker. I did like the characters, The Terror actor was the meat packing facility owner from Preacher, and I always liked him as well.

Outside of not having Warburton I think it's much better.

Forum List

Back