Anyone that has FICA deductions PAYS taxes...and should know their $$ pays this...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Before ANYONE jumps to conclusions let me prove that everyone that works and gets FICA (The Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) tax includes two separate taxes. One is social security tax and the other is Medicare tax. Different rates apply for each of these taxes. The current tax rate for social security is 6.2% for the employer and 6.2% for the employee, or 12.4% total.) pays into the general revenue of the USA.

Under the president’s budget request, total federal tax revenues in fiscal year 2015 are projected to be $3.3 trillion.
These revenues come from three major sources:
income taxes paid by individuals, accounting for 46 percent of all tax revenues;
payroll taxes paid jointly by workers and employers, accounting for 32 percent; and
corporate income taxes paid by businesses, making up 13 percent.
There are also a handful of other types of taxes like customs duties and excise taxes that make up much smaller portions of federal revenue. Customs duties are taxes on imports, paid by the importer, while excise taxes are taxes levied on specific goods, like gasoline.
This pie chart below shows how much each of these revenue sources is expected to bring in during fiscal year 2015.

46% or $1,518,000,000,000 ($1.518 trillion ) income Taxes paid by the 53% of Americans
32% or $1,056,000,000,000 ($1.056 trillion ) payroll taxes paid by all employees and matched by employers..
13% or $ 429,000,000,000 ($0.429 trillion ) corporate income taxes.
9% or $ 297,000,000,000 ($0.297 trillion ) gas taxes, duties, excise taxes..

$TaxRevenue2015.png

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budget-basics/federal-budget-101/revenues/

Now IF ALL OF US workers and employers are paying 32% of the gross revenue coming in to the Federal government shouldn't we be a little angry to find out that our government plans to spend $600 billion more then the revenue coming in?

NOW and for what??? After reading the below why aren't more of us really angry that some common sense in spending by our government including Congress that approves this spending is not happening???

The National Science Foundation is shelling out $202,000 to study Wikipedia’s “systematic gender bias.” The Washington Free Beacon reports: Feds to Dole Out Over $200K to Study Why Wikipedia is Sexist

Studying pig poop.
The Environmental Protection Agency awarded a $141,450 grant under the Clean Air Act to fund a Chinese study on swine manure and a $1.2 million grant to the United Nations for clean fuel promotion.

$27 per gallon fuel??
Using military exercises to boost biofuels. The U.S. Navy bought 450,000 gallons of biofuels for $12 million—or almost $27 per gallon—to conduct exercises to showcase the fuel and bring it closer toward commercialization. It is the largest biofuel purchase ever made by the government.

Conferences for government employees. In 2008 and 2009 alone, the Department of Justice spent $121 million to host or participate in 1,832 conferences.

“RoboSquirrel.” $325,000 was spent on a robotic squirrel named “RoboSquirrel.” This National Science Foundation grant was used to create a realistic-looking robotic squirrel for the purpose of studying how a rattlesnake would react to it.

Cupcakes. In Washington, D.C., and elsewhere across the country, cupcake shops are trending.
The 10 cupcake shop owners who received $2 million in Small Business Administration loan guarantees, however, can only boast so much of their entrepreneurial ingenuity, since taxpayers are backing them up.

Food stamps for alcohol and junk food. Though they were intended to ensure hungry children received healthy meals, taxpayer-funded food stamps were instead spent on fast food at Taco Bell and Burger King; on non-nutritious foods such as candy, ice cream, and soft drinks; and on some 2,000 deceased persons in New York and Massachusetts. Food stamp recipients spent $2 billion on sugary drinks alone. Improper SNAP payments accounted for $2.5 billion in waste, including to one exotic dancer who was making $85,000 per year.

Beer brewing in New Hampshire. Despite Smuttynose brewery’s financial success and popularity, it is still getting a $750,970 Community Development Block Grant to build a new brewery and restaurant facilities.
A covered bridge to nowhere. What list of government waste would be complete without a notorious “bridge to nowhere”? In this case, it’s $520,000 to fix the Stevenson Road Covered Bridge in Green County, Ohio, which was last used in 2003.

The one thing that outraged assholes like you always seem to ignore.....is that we are incredibly fortunate to be able to say that the people who made the decisions to fund these things were given that authority by way of free and fair elections.

Assholes like you think that by announcing it in your crazed manner.....you get to corner the market on being dissatisfied with wasteful spending.

We all want our money to be spent wisely, dickhead. Some of us are expressing that desire by trying to find ways to make government more accountable and less of a revolving door for lobbyists and interest groups. Others.....like you.....express it by whining and bitching about the current administration.

Try harder.

Yes I have learned, that at first glance and very surface level thinking I used to be bothered by a ton of the little seemingly "weird" spending.

Then I learned to actually dig deeper, you know? Study. And a lot of the time, things we intervene with - such as preserving a certain species in California, actually SAVE entire local industries for the future to come, and in dollars and cents produce a net GAIN on said future investment by maintaining the revenue stream (s) from said industries (not to mention what the savings on unemployment would be).

Cost benefit analysis.

Before you cry about shit, do or study one.

All FICA tax revenues are paid out in SS and Medicare benefits, except for a small percentage that goes to administration. Excess payroll tax revenues are invested in US government securities.

I also used to worry about the fucking debt, but for what? Its a giant cocksucking game.

My lifetime will come and go and the debt will never create a fallout. Same as my daughters lifetime.

Its all a game. Not to mention, its not even "debt" in the traditional sense like some tards think - its people betting on us with their $ - and most of it comes from? You guessed it. Right here in the United States.

Youd have thought based on rhetoric alone it was mostly China. Not even close. More like 10% ish.

Yet another idiotic thread that is free of facts.

And..never adds any critic of the Military..the biggest waste of tax payer funds of all.

I also used to worry about the fucking debt, but for what? Its a giant cocksucking game.

My lifetime will come and go and the debt will never create a fallout. Same as my daughters lifetime.

Its all a game. Not to mention, its not even "debt" in the traditional sense like some tards think - its people betting on us with their $ - and most of it comes from? You guessed it. Right here in the United States.

Youd have thought based on rhetoric alone it was mostly China. Not even close. More like 10% ish.

The "debt" is held by the American people.

Everyone is getting paid that contracts with the US.

It's amazing.

I am sure that it will be okay,,until I die, then all hell breaks loose.....while I sleep through it...

Last edited:
You have to wonder about that 13% there in your chart, when Billionnaire CEOs some of them have hoards more money then is even spendable in like 20 generations and is collectively more then a large percentage of the entire EARTHs income combined.

Thats not hard work paying off.

Thats reaching levels of "ok, we are retarded to have let this happen. Weve been hoodwinked."

Monopolies schmonopolies, amiright?

The one thing that outraged assholes like you always seem to ignore.....is that we are incredibly fortunate to be able to say that the people who made the decisions to fund these things were given that authority by way of free and fair elections.

Assholes like you think that by announcing it in your crazed manner.....you get to corner the market on being dissatisfied with wasteful spending.

We all want our money to be spent wisely, dickhead. Some of us are expressing that desire by trying to find ways to make government more accountable and less of a revolving door for lobbyists and interest groups. Others.....like you.....express it by whining and bitching about the current administration.

Try harder.

My...my...my!
I agree with everything you said... (all except your name calling which I don't understand why you are mad at me.
Who was whining about the current administration? I was pointing out what Congress/Executive branches have approved expenditures and NOT just the current administration.

There truly was no need to go ballistic name calling of me unless you are so guilt ridden for being a die hard Obama supporter and now recognize which most of us that didn't vote for him that he was totally incompetent, inept and had only one thing going for him!

All FICA tax revenues are paid out in SS and Medicare benefits, except for a small percentage that goes to administration. Excess payroll tax revenues are invested in US government securities.

Doesn't make a difference how "excess" is done!
I am pointing out that Federal Revenue includes ALL FICA taxes paid.
The expenditures exceed revenue in 2015 by $600 billion...
NOT complicated. No need to be angry.

Simply pointing out that when misinformed people think THEY aren't paying for government spending of $27/gallon for fuel they are just that misinformed.

WE all are responsible for the irresponsible spending like the $27/gallon fuel.
Or for robo squirrel research while our borders are being breached.
Remember the foremost charter for the Federal Government per the Constitution was for a "common defense"!
We aren't getting that when we spend money on "robo squirrels" or paying other countries to study pig poop!
It is a total waste of MY FICA taxes on anything that doesn't provide" the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote..
.i.e. border PORIOSITY !

Doesn't make a difference how "excess" is done!
I am pointing out that Federal Revenue includes ALL FICA taxes paid.
The expenditures exceed revenue in 2015 by $600 billion...
NOT complicated. No need to be angry.

Simply pointing out that when misinformed people think THEY aren't paying for government spending of $27/gallon for fuel they are just that misinformed.

WE all are responsible for the irresponsible spending like the $27/gallon fuel.
Or for robo squirrel research while our borders are being breached.
Remember the foremost charter for the Federal Government per the Constitution was for a "common defense"!
We aren't getting that when we spend money on "robo squirrels" or paying other countries to study pig poop!
It is a total waste of MY FICA taxes on anything that doesn't provide" the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote..
.i.e. border PORIOSITY !

FICA taxes are dedicated funds. They can only be spent on SS or Medicare, or invested in securities.

Try harder.

My...my...my!
I agree with everything you said... (all except your name calling which I don't understand why you are mad at me.
Who was whining about the current administration? I was pointing out what Congress/Executive branches have approved expenditures and NOT just the current administration.

There truly was no need to go ballistic name calling of me unless you are so guilt ridden for being a die hard Obama supporter and now recognize which most of us that didn't vote for him that he was totally incompetent, inept and had only one thing going for him!

I'm not mad at you. I am over you. You are an idiot and I see everything you do in that light. You've earned it.

We don't agree. You cut and pasted some shit without researching it. You don't even come close.

You have to wonder about that 13% there in your chart, when Billionnaire CEOs some of them have hoards more money then is even spendable in like 20 generations and is collectively more then a large percentage of the entire EARTHs income combined.

Thats not hard work paying off.

Thats reaching levels of "ok, we are retarded to have let this happen. Weve been hoodwinked."

Monopolies schmonopolies, amiright?

The 13% is made up of taxes WE ALL paid including billionaires..
for gas, taxes paid on imports,etc..
My point is simple.
Why are we spending for a Wikipedia sexist study when border agents are trying to hold off invasion of illegals?
Where is the common defense spending WHICH is the military going? DOWN!

Obama’s strategy for sizing the armed services is too weak for today’s global threats.
The National Defense Panel called on the president to dump a major section of his 2014 Quadrennial Defense Review (QDR) and write a broader strategy that requires the military to fight on multiple fronts at once.

Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports - Washington Times

Is this in keeping with the Constitution's mandate that :
"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Wow

Laughable, in a word.

What is laughable? That the NSF granting $202,000 to determine why Wikipedia has a "systematic gender bias"?
Or EPA paying $141,450 in your tax money to FUND A CHINESE poop study?
Is that a load of crap or what??? Laughable??
Finally where is the humor in our tax dollars in spending $325,000 to create a robot squirrel JUST to determine how a rattlesnake would react? All while our veterans that sacrificed wait for medical care!

Its all irrelevant until you do or study a cost benefit analysis before bitching about it at surface level like a ****. Any pragmatic mind surely knows this.

And the military spending is atrocious. Absolutely disgusting at all kinds of disturbing levels. Did you know that some quarters to justify keeping their budgets lofty, theyll do things such as order a fuck ton of staplers toward the end of a quarter? Surely you see a problem with that and arent just a bitch to bitch kinda guy.

Well that just gives them carte blanche to piss it all down the shitter then, huh.

We all want our money to be spent wisely, dickhead.

Obviously you don't or you'd stop voting for people who insert these absurd earmarks.

Forum List

Back