Anyone See Kerry-Edwards On 60 Minutes

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
or FOX? What do you think of these thoughts?

http://www.polipundit.com/2004_08_01_polipundit_archive.html#109159053844874873

Body Language Is Worth A Thousand Words

In an earlier post, I wrote about John Kerry's statements during the Fox News Sunday interview that aired this week. What I have not yet written about is the body language on display during that interview and the 60 Minutes interview with Kerry and Edwards. I am not an expert (or even an amateur) reader of body language, but I do have a pair of relatively good eyes and a little common sense. When I watch Kerry and Edwards give an interview together, sitting side-by-side, I get this uncomfortable feeling similar to the one I sometimes get when George Bush starts stumbling over an unfamiliar and difficult to pronounce name.

In both interviews, Edwards (understandably) looks tickled as heck just to be sitting there. He frequently interrupts Kerry, often placing his hand out in front of Kerry or on his arm or leg. Kerry looks to me like he is a little annoyed to be having to share the television time with Edwards, and sometimes almost seems to wince over some of the less than brilliant comments Edwards makes. When Kerry speaks, he gets this "I am really smart and really serious" look on his face while Edwards looks on as a political wife often does, never taking his eyes off of him the entire time he is speaking. I am not using the wife comparison to imply this in any sexual context, but in a subservient one. I guess the best way I can describe what I see when I look at Edwards in these interviews is a "Stepford Running Mate". Maybe I am reading this all wrong, but this is just a gut observation I have made. I am told that Edwards is intelligent and he is quite animated on the campaign trail, but in those interviews, for some reason, Kerry and Edwards just kinda creep me out.
posted by Lorie Byrd at 12:01 AM

Forum List

Back