Anyone remember Atari from 30 years ago?

cards are my folly..you can pretty much name your poison and i can play it or will learn it quickly...at one time i was a decent bridge player but quit doing the tournaments..i love tonk and spades...rook is okay..not much for hearts...and i love to slap dominoes

now i did play pinball.....i will be 64 this friday.... i just never got into gaming....my son was into it for a while...never was much for arcades and the likes either...my choice has always been crusin and raising hell not gaming
Dayum...I am older than you are, lol.

Happy early birthday!!

i did not know that gracie...i would have taken you for younger....hell i think everyone is younger than me....they all pretend to be
I will be 65 in October (libra here). I FEEL like I am only in my early 50's most of the time...until something starts to ache..or I am trying to do what I used to be able to do in the garden.

The two absolute best video games i have ever played & beaten multiple times.

As good as the original movie.

Better than any zombie movie ever made and Part 2 as well as a Hollywood adaptation are being worked on.

There was a pong game for it...but for 4 players. Each person had a corner and you had to knock them out of the game by breaking down their wall of bricks. Can't remember the name of it, but I had a blast on it with my sister, her husband and mine all playing.

That was warlords. Great game

Atari is indeed working on a new console, says CEO

If it's a retro machine I'm all in. But apparently it's supposed to be a pc based system so that's out I guess. Not paying 500 bucks to play Pitfall or Asteroids lol

They have new ataris that will play your old games, dude.
I don't own the old games anymore and places like Vintage Stock charge an arm and a leg for that nostalgia.
Nintendo put out a limited supply of NES classics earlier last year that came preloaded with 30 games. That's what I hope to see from Atari

Atari is indeed working on a new console, says CEO

If it's a retro machine I'm all in. But apparently it's supposed to be a pc based system so that's out I guess. Not paying 500 bucks to play Pitfall or Asteroids lol

They have new ataris that will play your old games, dude.
I don't own the old games anymore and places like Vintage Stock charge an arm and a leg for that nostalgia.
Nintendo put out a limited supply of NES classics earlier last year that came preloaded with 30 games. That's what I hope to see from Atari

Yea, that's why I haven't bought one of those new ataris. They don't bother to sell the good games with them.

I loved the game "Adventure" in which you had to take a golden chalice to a certain castle and had to kill three dragons on the way (the red one being the most dangerous).

cards are my folly..you can pretty much name your poison and i can play it or will learn it quickly...at one time i was a decent bridge player but quit doing the tournaments..i love tonk and spades...rook is okay..not much for hearts...and i love to slap dominoes

Back in the '70s while vagabonding I learned a card game in England they call "black jack" (nothing to do with our 21-type Blackjack, just happens to use that card). We stayed up all night playing it -- very unpredictable game.

Fast forward several years and suddenly a game company is marketing the same game and calling it "Uno", as if you need special cards printed instead of a standard deck (you don't).

English Black Jack had one great feature that Uno doesn't though -- if one particular card is thrown, every player has to give their entire hand to the next player. Not only does it completely change who's about to go out, but you now know what's in the next player's hand, and the player before you knows what's in yours. :badgrin:

Right me if I am wrong, but I believe that Atari is older than 30 years. The first Nintendo I think was released in 1985 and Atari was around before that.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Right me if I am wrong, but I believe that Atari is older than 30 years. The first Nintendo I think was released in 1985 and Atari was around before that.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
1977 but I think the American release was years later? Nintendo was the same, releasing years earlier in the east. There are still games today that take years to come to the West. Demons Souls comes to mind.

Forum List

Back