Anyone remember Atari from 30 years ago?

Atari was cutting edge in 1990. Atari's Video Toaster is a superb hardware / software platform for video production and is still used professionally today.

I'm curious to see what they're up to.

Yep!!! I kicked butt in Space Invaders and Centipede.

Wow "Centipede"--- haven't thought of that in a million years. I can't remember what it looks like but I do remember playing it. I think I must have kicked butt too. Yeah that's it -- I kicked butt.

I'm so old I remember Pong.

• Banned
Yep!!! I kicked butt in Space Invaders and Centipede.

Wow "Centipede"--- haven't thought of that in a million years. I can't remember what it looks like but I do remember playing it. I think I must have kicked butt too. Yeah that's it -- I kicked butt.

I'm so old I remember Pong.
That was my first video game. The Odysee was my first console.

There was a pong game for it...but for 4 players. Each person had a corner and you had to knock them out of the game by breaking down their wall of bricks. Can't remember the name of it, but I had a blast on it with my sister, her husband and mine all playing.

• Banned
There was a pong game for it...but for 4 players. Each person had a corner and you had to knock them out of the game by breaking down their wall of bricks. Can't remember the name of it, but I had a blast on it with my sister, her husband and mine all playing.
Breakout

Yeah I remember that too.

Atari is indeed working on a new console, says CEO

If it's a retro machine I'm all in. But apparently it's supposed to be a pc based system so that's out I guess. Not paying 500 bucks to play Pitfall or Asteroids lol

Yes. I still have one, and 30 or so games.
I still have my first color tv my grandmother bought me. Sadly I don't have any of the gaming stuff for it. Haven't turned it on in 20 or 30 years but it should still work. If I can buy some kind of archaic adapter to hook it up lol

Atari is indeed working on a new console, says CEO

If it's a retro machine I'm all in. But apparently it's supposed to be a pc based system so that's out I guess. Not paying 500 bucks to play Pitfall or Asteroids lol

Yes. I still have one, and 30 or so games.
I still have my first color tv my grandmother bought me. Sadly I don't have any of the gaming stuff for it. Haven't turned it on in 20 or 30 years but it should still work. If I can buy some kind of archaic adapter to hook it up lol

Last time I had the Atari 2600 hooked up it worked fine.

Still have my original IBM XT comp too.

Also a Windows 95 comp with lots of 90s games.

I girl friend of mine had a Nintendo. We played river raid and endoro,we thought it was the BOMB back in the day. candy crush? I have played Assassins creed and Max Payne. Things can only get better.

Damn. It was not centipede I was good at. I can't remember the name of it, but it was pretty wild. Boxes, dice, flowers, circles, weird shit, all falling down and you had to blast the hell out of it. I was good at that game but I just can't remember the damn name of it. Pretty physchedelic.

How old are you Bones? Maybe the gaming craze was after your youth?

I remember going to arcades and shoving endless quarters into pinball & galaga

now i did play pinball.....i will be 64 this friday.... i just never got into gaming....my son was into it for a while...never was much for arcades and the likes either...my choice has always been crusin and raising hell not gaming

Ahh crusin. Many a fond memories. The gaming was before the car though lol. And now after the car. Although I must admit I am more interested in the idea of gaming than the actual activity. We have every modern platform & VR yet rarely use them.

Forum List

Back