Anyone interested in routes, maps, borders and boundaries etc?

This one's interesting.

baarle-house-detail1.jpg
What do the people living in that flat do? Shower in Belgium and eat dinner in Netherlands?

Something like that.

The border doesn’t follow kerblines, as you’d expect in an urban setting. It runs through homes, shops and offices. It hits a building and emerges at an angle the other side of it. You can sit at a cafe table and your companion will be in another country. The result is a patchwork quilt of Dutch and Belgian islands. Check it out here.
How did we get sidetracked onto Netherlands-Belgium.

I know Netherlands has smoke shops with real dope for sale.

I know Belgium is where Waterloo is. Lots of WW1 battlefields too.

1280px-Friendship_Bridge_DPRK-Russia.jpg

The Friendship Bridge linking North Korea and Russia. Korea is in the foreground and Khasan is on the right. The tower on the left is in Chinese territory.

It looks like river delta bottom land, doesn't it? A lot of flooding in the Spring, I'll bet.
All I know about this area of the world is that the Rooskies have a big naval base nearby.

It's where they keep half of their submarine fleet -- both the boomers and the A-boats.

It's located in Vladivostok designed for Asian conflict.

This one's interesting.

baarle-house-detail1.jpg
Weirdest border ever lol :biggrin:

I remember sitting in a friend's house in Belgium, looking through the window at the houses across the street - in The Netherlands.
They are just political boundaries.

They don't really mean anything.

It's like the Tooth Faerie.

Of course they do. When one area pays different municipal taxes to the other. And your neighbour's child could attend another school system.

This one's interesting.

baarle-house-detail1.jpg
Weirdest border ever lol :biggrin:

I remember sitting in a friend's house in Belgium, looking through the window at the houses across the street - in The Netherlands.
They are just political boundaries.

They don't really mean anything.

It's like the Tooth Faerie.

Of course they do. When one area pays different municipal taxes to the other. And your neighbour's child could attend another school system.
Taxes huh ?

Do you love taxes ?

This one's interesting.

baarle-house-detail1.jpg
What do the people living in that flat do? Shower in Belgium and eat dinner in Netherlands?

Something like that.

The border doesn’t follow kerblines, as you’d expect in an urban setting. It runs through homes, shops and offices. It hits a building and emerges at an angle the other side of it. You can sit at a cafe table and your companion will be in another country. The result is a patchwork quilt of Dutch and Belgian islands. Check it out here.
How did we get sidetracked onto Netherlands-Belgium.

I know Netherlands has smoke shops with real dope for sale.

I know Belgium is where Waterloo is. Lots of WW1 battlefields too.
It goes to show that not all countries are as anal about their borders as the U.S. US and Tijuana? Even the Canadian border has a 100 yard "haircut" and lots of surveillance.

Forum List

Back