Anyone here think Mitt Romney lied multiple times during the debate?

If you count spin, denial, hyperbole, straw men, distortion and diversion as lies -- as I do -- then both of 'em lied like snakes, as do a vast majority of politicians in virtually every debate. Is this supposed to be a surprise, or breaking news?

It is to shameless hyperpartisans like Jim who put party over country.

It has pretty much been proven that he changed many of his positions. It worked in the GOP debates, but it won't now. He will have to answer for his lies soon.

God doesn't like Liars Mitt...

why should you care? You all don't Care that Obama lies to you ALL the time

Steph, Obama doesn't flip flop. He evolves, remember?

Romney, and any other politician, should have the capacity to change their plans as circumstances change or more is learned. No one should be locked into a single mindset.

That said, a lot of the things they claim Romney flip flopped on just don't ring true. The left has been good about telling people what Romney is all about and when they are wrong, they claim it's him that changed. Nice trick and it usually works on the dumbed down voters. I've never been a huge Romney fan, but much of what I have heard the left attribute to him are things I heard from the media, not out of Romney's mouth. I didn't like Romneycare, though do understand that this sort of plan might work in some states, especially where the people want it, while doing it nationally will be a disaster.

I am glad he clarified the 47% remark as trash talk that wasn't thought out or eloquently put, but do believe he reflects the views of many that the load needs to be lightened by nudging the able bodied back into the work force.

Obama has flipflipped on many things, from closing GITMO, ending the war, gay marriage, extending Bush's tax rates initially and his sudden concern for the middle class. The media claims that he is evolving or was always concerned about middle class. Biden will be taken to the woodshed over his comments that the middle class has been buried the last 4 years. Obama himself stated more than a year ago that he wasn't addressing middle class. Hell of an evolution considering he talks as if we're a top priority now. Yea, right.

Let's face it, all candidates spin things to some degree, but you can't call one of them up on it and not the other.

Last edited:
I don't think dupes know what a lie IS anymore...it's not a promise that was obstructed by Pubs, it's not an position that changes, it's a statement that is FACTUALLY WRONG, like:

O fought for ACA for 2 years? Passed after 13 months.

Half of alt energy projects failed? 3 of 38?

Pubs kill the nonrich, see sig pp1. Romney's plans are BS. The 5 trillion deal...HIS experts are the Heritage Foundation LOL.

So much BS. Seniors will lose donut hole again, 716 billion medicare figure is SAVINGS, don't hurt benefits- the whole pile usual Pubcrappe. He's a GREAT Con man/ BS.salesman.

He did zip for Mass. education.

or "Obama gutted Medicare, Workfare, had control for 2 years", or the BS in my sig pp3.

The only time I've heard Mittens tell the truth is when he revealed his true feelings about the 47 percent to a room full of wealthy donors.

ONE OBAMA LIE, Pub/Fox etc dupes?

Romney:

Obama was fighting for ACA during the democratic debate, remember, he was against the mandate (another 'evolution' I guess) redo your math
A123 Solar (279M), Abound Solar (400M), Amonix Solar (20M) ... That's not even all the ones that start with the letter 'A' ... Add the big names of Solyndra, Sunpower and Solar Trust and the list is much bigger the '3 of 38'
Pubs kill the nonrich, see sig pp1. Romney's plans are BS. The 5 trillion deal...HIS experts are the Heritage Foundation LOL.
The '5 trillion is a miss representation. It envolves maintaining the current tax rate (The rates have been this way for 11 years, that is not 'temporary in my book). Of the 5 Trillion, 4 Trillion on that is lower taxes on the 'other then rich' folks (middle and lower class) to say as Obama did that '5 Trillion favoring the rich' is inaccurate, only 20% favors the rich. 80% favors the non-rich .... If you want an Obama lie during the debate, there you go
So much BS. Seniors will lose donut hole again, 716 billion medicare are SAVINGS, don't hurt benefits- the whole pile usual Pubcrappe. He's a GREAT Con man/ BS.salesman.
716 billion is removed from the program. Wether from the savings account or the checking account, it's still removed from the program
He did zip for Mass. education
As Gov, he was responsible for the writing of their paychecks ... Seems like this comment is more opinion.

You sure you know the difference between fact and opinion?

Last edited:
If lying is nothing more then 'evolution' for political realities as the libs here seem to think, then from a strictly Dawinion perspective, I prefer Romney ... They say he was evolving quickly on that stage ... Quickly evolving to one environment is a great survival tool

It has pretty much been proven that he changed many of his positions. It worked in the GOP debates, but it won't now. He will have to answer for his lies soon.

I think he did...

But Obama still screwed up by not calling him on it.

Look, the media narrative was going to be that there was a Romney "Comeback" no matter what happened, because the media has to sell airtime on their news programs.

But Obama should have been a lot more aggressive.

A point. Watching debates is kind of like watching golf.

I asked a few of my coworkers what they thought about the debate. Very few of them thought Romney romped. One (the gal from Japan) commented that it seemed like he never actually answered the questions he was asked. He just went off in another direction. Others agreed with her.

No one said that the debate really changed who they planned to vote for.

ONE OBAMA LIE, Pub/Fox etc dupes?

Romney:

Obama was fighting for ACA during the democratic debate, remember, he was against the mandate (another 'evolution' I guess) redo your math
A123 Solar (279M), Abound Solar (400M), Amonix Solar (20M) ... That's not even all the ones that start with the letter 'A' ... Add the big names of Solyndra, Sunpower and Solar Trust and the list is much bigger the '3 of 38'
The '5 trillion is a miss representation. It envolves maintaining the current tax rate (The rates have been this way for 11 years, that is not 'temporary in my book). Of the 5 Trillion, 4 Trillion on that is lower taxes on the 'other then rich' folks (middle and lower class) to say as Obama did that '5 Trillion favoring the rich' is inaccurate, only 20% favors the rich. 80% favors the non-rich .... If you want an Obama lie during the debate, there you go
So much BS. Seniors will lose donut hole again, 716 billion medicare are SAVINGS, don't hurt benefits- the whole pile usual Pubcrappe. He's a GREAT Con man/ BS.salesman.
716 billion is removed from the program. Wether from the savings account or the checking account, it's still removed from the program
He did zip for Mass. education
As Gov, he was responsible for the writing of their paychecks ... Seems like this comment is more opinion.

You sure you know the difference between fact and opinion?

Opinion???? 3 out of 38 being half is not opinion...IT IS A LIE! He intended it to be a lie.

Someone should tell Mitt if he ccontinuess lying, he is stamping his ticket to Hell. Joseph Smith and all his wives won't be so happy about that.

I think he did...

Look, the media narrative was going to be that there was a Romney "Comeback" no matter what happened, because the media has to sell airtime on their news programs.

I asked a few of my coworkers what they thought about the debate. Very few of them thought Romney romped. One (the gal from Japan) commented that it seemed like he never actually answered the questions he was asked. He just went off in another direction. Others agreed with her.

Well that is to be seen isn't it..now be a good Republican and vote against the Dear leader

I think he did...

Rassmussen said that debates made no difference and in one poll, Obama's lead increased a point. Now with the unemployment below 8%....the debate is gone. Sorry Mitt, but the Big Bird comment lost at lot of moms also....:clap2:

Latest Presidential Polls: Even Rasmussen Says Obama Retains National Lead Despite Debate

I think he did...

Rassmussen said that debates made no difference and in one poll, Obama's lead increased a point. Now with the unemployment below 8%....the debate is gone. Sorry Mitt, but the Big Bird comment lost at lot of moms also....:clap2:

Latest Presidential Polls: Even Rasmussen Says Obama Retains National Lead Despite Debate

:lol:
the debate is gone, you wish

Mittwit being proven a liar and you feeling like Obama lied are not the same thing, dope.

Mittwit being proven a liar and you feeling like Obama lied are not the same thing, dope.

huh?, it took you two days to come up with that?
and you call me a dope:lol:

huh?, it took you two days to come up with that?
and you call me a dope:lol:

I doubt anyone was worried you would not still be a dope in two days.

now now, and I doubt anyone would think you'd take off your Obama cheer leading outfit in two days...the skirts twirls nice don't they? hope you wear shorts underneath..

Forum List

Back