Anyone here NOT believe that the brain is genetically controlled like any other organ

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by IanC, Oct 6, 2009.

1. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,441
    Thousands of studies have shown that brain size shape and function are under heavy genetic control. Not only that, but recent studies have shown that numerous genes have undergone significant selection pressure in just the last 5-10 thousand years, including ones that affect the brain. We are still evolving.
    Why do people deny race, which is simply continental genetic clusters? Or that different races have brains that have evolved different size shape and function? Surely it would be unlikely that brains would be the only organ to evolve exactly the same all over the world?
    Once differences in brain structure and function are accepted to some degree then it is much easier to explain the disparities in social functioning between the races.
    I'm sure I will be called a racist for this but Occam's Razor demands that simple and factually confirmed reasoning be fully examined. I will be more than happy to bring citations to refute any logically argued differences of opinion.

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,779
    Let's see your proof.

3. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,441
    choose a specific area, explain your opinion, and I will respond.

4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,779
    You seem convinced that race plays a role in brain function. If that is correct, please provide whatever it is that proves this to your satisfaction.

5. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,441
    individuals are easily differentiated into their continental cluster groups (races) or admixtures by genetic marker testing. general testing of these groups has shown differences in many areas. racial brain differences include average size, average shape, average glucose metabolism, etc.

6. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    So, Ravi is asking for sources from you to support those differences in the brain that you claim exist. Let's see the studies.

7. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,441
    please put down your opinion first. and ask for a specific citation. which of my claims do you think need clarification and why. they seem to be reasonable and obviously supportable, at least to me. do you have some proof that they are not?

8. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    That's not the way it works among honest brokers in discussion. Your claim, you support it. Until then, your claim is just cheap talk and insignificant to me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    They are asking you to provide some of those "thousands of studies" to back up your initial statement. It is akin to saying, "Poor people and rich people do not mix" or "Your kind does not belong with their kind" without any proof to back that statement up.

10. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,441
    I am willing to support my statements but I want to here something from you first. Why should I go through the work if you dont care and aren't even willing to specify what you disagree with? What part of my obviously general statements do you think I would have a problem supporting?