Chicago Student Death

IanC

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2009
As a Canadian I get a lot of my news about the US from CNN. What's the deal with non-stop coverage about yet another student death in Chicago? Because they have video? The more information that comes out, the more every group involved in that community looks bad.
As an aside; how is that neighbourhood protest against murders doing in Philly?

I love the way the media describes the blacks... as "a student" or "Chicago youth".

Right.

Anyone who knows blacks knows they ain't no fucking "students".

I love the way the media describes the blacks... as "a student" or "Chicago youth".

Right.

The Victim of these Animals was Black, and an Honor Student...

:)

peace...

But of course. Half the blacks in the inner city are "honor students" and bound for Harvard. Every time a black teenager is killed, they are mourned as "a good kid" who sang at church and would have gone on to be an engineer. The killers are always described the same way.

I tell ya, what is going on here? All these black honor students, killing and dying in the streets. What a shame.
:eusa_whistle:

William Joyce. You are just so wrong about this it isn't even funny.

I read somewhere that the dead kid got his honors status for being at school 90+% of the time. So if you skip class less than once every two weeks you're considered an honor student. I cant vouch for the truth in that, just sayin'.

As a Canadian I get a lot of my news about the US from CNN. What's the deal with non-stop coverage about yet another student death in Chicago? Because they have video? The more information that comes out, the more every group involved in that community looks bad.

Good kid killed + video = media frenzy

Right.

The Victim of these Animals was Black, and an Honor Student...

:)

peace...

But of course. Half the blacks in the inner city are "honor students" and bound for Harvard. Every time a black teenager is killed, they are mourned as "a good kid" who sang at church and would have gone on to be an engineer. The killers are always described the same way.

I tell ya, what is going on here? All these black honor students, killing and dying in the streets. What a shame.
:eusa_whistle:

Tard.

It just seemed odd that a large fraction of the news cycle was devoted to this story. Its not like there wasnt hundreds of other students killed in Chicago this decade.

It just seemed odd that a large fraction of the news cycle was devoted to this story. Its not like there wasnt hundreds of other students killed in Chicago this decade.

I'm sure Obama being from Chicago had something to do with it as well.

Yes I had heard that Obama was a community advisor in that very area. I hope something comes from all the publicity but judging from lack of change in Philadelphia I won't hold my breath.

Have any arrests been made? Or has "no snitching" been taken to a whole new level?

If there wasnt a video of it that clearly showed the identities of the individuals involved, then the no snitching policy in the black community would have allowed these people to get away with murder. Since there was video proof, they already apprehended 4 of them.

and a problem for Chicago's image. Those of us that live in or near cities know that gangs are a major problem for those living where they have control. On the other hand, the downtown area of Chicago is safe and a cultural, entertainment, and shopping paradise. Most neighborhoods in Chicago are also safe, but those that aren't are to be avoided by all who can.

Art. 15 have you noticed how the West Side from Austin going east has improved tremendously? So too along the Eisenhower, no where more noticeable than around U of I and north all along Halsted.

Forum List

Back