Anyone here into metal detecting?

The EQ 800 is a beast. They Are working on a smaller coil for it. Itā€™s very sensitive to small gold nuggets. Itā€™s an all around good detector. I have the minelab Etrac. If I weā€™re in the market for another detector. It would be the EQ 800 or the deus. You will need a good pin pointer like the Garrett pin pointer the orange one. And a leshe digging tool And knee pads. Get ready for one let me know I can hook you up with a good vendor.

I dinked around with it the last few years, but never really found anything cool. Lots of pocket change at the parks, and iron bolts, nuts, screws, and other iron stuff around old house places. It's fun though.

I bought an inert Civil War era 10" seige mortar cannonball a few years ago at a garage sale. The old man said there used to be a stack of them down the hill by a foot bridge, and that one of his kids rolled it up the hill. It sat in his yard since the 1960's.

I went down by the bridge and tried to find some that were buried but there was so many buried pieces of scrap iron that I gave up looking. A better detector with a good discriminator circuit would have found better stuff maybe.

87920CA6-CFC5-4391-8E70-76AB940B2DDA.jpeg

The EQ 800 is a beast. They Are working on a smaller coil for it. Itā€™s very sensitive to small gold nuggets. Itā€™s an all around good detector. I have the minelab Etrac. If I weā€™re in the market for another detector. It would be the EQ 800 or the deus. You will need a good pin pointer like the Garrett pin pointer the orange one. And a leshe digging tool And knee pads. Get ready for one let me know I can hook you up with a good vendor.
Does this look like a good deal?
Minelab EQUINOX 800 Metal Detector Premium Bundle with Pro Find 35, Shovel, and More - Serious Metal Detecting

Iā€™m going to trust your judgment on this, Intolerant. Iā€™ll make the purchase if you say itā€™s a good deal.

I dinked around with it the last few years, but never really found anything cool. Lots of pocket change at the parks, and iron bolts, nuts, screws, and other iron stuff around old house places. It's fun though.

I bought an inert Civil War era 10" seige mortar cannonball a few years ago at a garage sale. The old man said there used to be a stack of them down the hill by a foot bridge, and that one of his kids rolled it up the hill. It sat in his yard since the 1960's.

I went down by the bridge and tried to find some that were buried but there was so many buried pieces of scrap iron that I gave up looking. A better detector with a good discriminator circuit would have found better stuff maybe.
It takes time to learn the nuances of any detector. Iā€™m talking many hours of usage and patience.

Iā€™ve been thinking about getting back into this hobby because itā€™s relaxing. Itā€™ll be be a nice break from the hectic schedule Iā€™m currently living. :)

I have two great detectors.

One is kind of old school (by now)

vision.gif

And the other was made in the stone age.

attachment.php

Guess which one I like the most.

The Eagle II has paid for itself several times over with gold rings and silver coins found.

Chuz both those detectors will still kick the ass of most new detectors. The v3i is a bit harder to master. You learn something new with it every outing. Those are the coils most used on v series detectors. They are v rated and will also work on the mxt mxt pro and the m6.
upload_2019-1-11_19-5-53.jpeg

Iā€™ll also consider a vendor you know if I can verify them as being reputable, Intolerant.
Iā€™m going to hook you up. I believe he will beat that bundle price. Copy that add and send it to him. Big Boys Hobbyā€™s. Ask for Bart. You can find him on the net.

vision.gif

attachment.php

The Eagle II has paid for itself several times over with gold rings and silver coins found.
I currently have an old Garrett Grand Master CXIII that hasnā€™t been used in many years....
upload_2019-1-11_20-21-42.jpeg

Iā€™m looking to get back into hobby with something that has newer tech.

vision.gif

attachment.php

I currently have an old Garrett Grand Master CXIII that hasnā€™t been used in many years....
View attachment 239577

I don't know much about the garrett but if I were you, I would hang onto it until you are fully comfortable with the newer one.

vision.gif

attachment.php

View attachment 239577

Thatā€™s the one that talks. First Time I turned it on scared the crap out of me. Thought it was possessed lol.

Iā€™ll also consider a vendor you know if I can verify them as being reputable, Intolerant.
Iā€™m going to hook you up. I believe he will beat that bundle price. Copy that add and send it to him. Big Boys Hobbyā€™s. Ask for Bart. You can find him on the net.
Seriously?
I think he can. If not I know several more.
Should I mention you as a referral?

Iā€™ve been thinking about restructuring my schedule to include some quiet time away from people.

Getting away from people, never a BAD idea.

ITMT, if you had a little electronic skill and patience, you could probably build your own detector for about $50 that would work as well at the basic function but without the frills....

Forum List

Back