Anyone have a problem with Bahrain suddenly paying top dollar to hold events at Trump Hotels?

Hillary never did anything for all that lovely money, either. It was all a mirage .....

So, the foreign governments were just staying at a hotel that Hillary had a stake in?

Good thing, because if they were giving cash gifts that would be an entirely different story.

Unless you're just lying - democrat!
It's just buying access. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing at all.

Does anyone see a problem with pay to play or even the perception of corruption this shows? Its simple. Trump owns hotel. Hotel makes money. Money good to Trump. Bahrain has money. Bahrain wants favor?. Bahrain pays for Trump hotel which makes Trump money. Which is the 2nd point. Money good to Trump.

Not saying he will do something for them at all but they are spending money with him now. That happened. And he's taken the money. Fact.

From Wiki: Amnesty International's 2015 report on the country points to continued suppression of dissent, restricted freedom of expression, unjust imprisonment, and frequent torture and other ill-treatment of its citizens. Human Rights Watch in its 2015 report described the situation of a Shia majority as more than tragic. Freedom House labels Bahrain as "not free" in its 2016 report. On 7 July 2016, the European Parliament adopted, with a large majority, a resolution condemning human rights abuses performed by Bahraini authorities, and strongly called for an end to the ongoing repression against the country’s human rights defenders, political opposition and civil society.[166]
Since they were all against him being president, what do think it means? It means they are trying to influence Trump. If it were me, I'd let them spend all they want on my stuff and then still deal with them like they deserve. Nothing.

Bahrain paid for the Hotel. That is a record right there. Trump owns it.

Really?

Why should I believe this?

You shouldnt, you should verify on your own. And then explain why what you called slander and a bad thing is now ok and a good thing. Go check

Links and cites support claims, retard.

You are a notorious liar who seeks to defame enemies of the party, so you flinging shit convinces no one.

Since I'm a notorious liar why are you asking me for proof to something you claimed was slander?

Go find it from someone you trust then come back and tell us why you had a sudden reversal

Bahrain is paying for something it is obligated to pay for. It is not conferring a gift.

No I have no problem with it at all.

Yup. When you rent hotel rooms, conference rooms and meeting rooms you have to pay for them.

Hell. They would expect YOU to pay for a room as well.

Carry on moron.

Does anyone see a problem with pay to play or even the perception of corruption this shows? Its simple. Trump owns hotel. Hotel makes money. Money good to Trump. Bahrain has money. Bahrain wants favor?. Bahrain pays for Trump hotel which makes Trump money. Which is the 2nd point. Money good to Trump.

Not saying he will do something for them at all but they are spending money with him now. That happened. And he's taken the money. Fact.

From Wiki: Amnesty International's 2015 report on the country points to continued suppression of dissent, restricted freedom of expression, unjust imprisonment, and frequent torture and other ill-treatment of its citizens. Human Rights Watch in its 2015 report described the situation of a Shia majority as more than tragic. Freedom House labels Bahrain as "not free" in its 2016 report. On 7 July 2016, the European Parliament adopted, with a large majority, a resolution condemning human rights abuses performed by Bahraini authorities, and strongly called for an end to the ongoing repression against the country’s human rights defenders, political opposition and civil society.[166]
Since they were all against him being president, what do think it means? It means they are trying to influence Trump. If it were me, I'd let them spend all they want on my stuff and then still deal with them like they deserve. Nothing.

Not after they spend all that sweet money there. You know they have more so do the math. Its called repeat business

Not after they spend all that sweet money there. You know they have more so do the math. Its called repeat business
To you, I'm sure it would be. To Trump, it's an unqualified asset.

Your allegations are baseless, at least so far. Trump will have a direct opportunity to enrich his businesses by accepting generous choices from foreign governments. If you didn't like the suspicion that Clinton did it, why are you giving Trump the green light to do it?

And this isnt even an allegation of taking money from Foreign govts. They have a receipt and everything. When they thought Clinton was doing it it was super bad to even imagine.

Trump is doing it in plain sight and they have no problem with what they used to have a problem with.

Trump implanted this inherent cover in his dopey supporters heads with all the "crooked Hillary" and" pay to play" shit knowing that when it's brought up, they only have to say "crooked Hillary did it too".

To you, I'm sure it would be. To Trump, it's an unqualified asset.

To any business person its called repeat business. Reading Trumps mind isnt my forte but if they come back that is the definition of repeat business not to just me but to Websters Dictionary

[

Since I'm a notorious liar why are you asking me for proof to something you claimed was slander?

Go find it from someone you trust then come back and tell us why you had a sudden reversal

You made a claim.

Do not expect to believed unless you offer some sort of evidence through a link.

This ain't dailyKOS where the only requirement is hate, sploogy.

You asswipes had no problem with countries donating to the clinton foundation when hilary was Secretary of State, and getting special attention from her....including all the terrorist sponsoring nations, and Bahrain.....
Quizlet: What is the difference between a charitable humanitarian foundation and a Trump hotel?

The Hotel is real?

actually that balances out the fact Lebron James, etc. decide not to stay at Trump hotel.

But James is still finding ways to mark out new territory. Such was the case this week when, for the first time in his career, he opted not to stay at his team’s designated hotel, ahead of the Cleveland Cavaliers126-94 victoryover the Knicks on Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden.

The team hotel, in this instance, was the Trump SoHo. A number of James’s teammates joined him at a different (and undisclosed) Manhattan hotel in what amounted to a modest political protest.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/07/sports/basketball/lebron-james-trump-hotel-phil-jackson.html?_r=0

[

You made a claim.

Do not expect to believed unless you offer some sort of evidence through a link.

You already stated I was a liar so why would you ask a liar for proof? Thats why I said go find out yourself and then you can argue with the link and call it a liar too because anything or anyone that says anything against Trump you call a lie. I dont have to waste my time. Go enlighten yourself and then ask yourself why you thought a fact was a bad thing so much so you called it slander.

Then tell yourself why that bad thing is actually good when Trump does it.

Have fun debating yourself.

Being president will definitely be good for Trump's businesses. Yes, I see a potential for a conflict of interest here. At this point, I don't know what should be done about it. From what I've heard on TV, the president is exempt from the conflict of interest laws that other government officials have to abide by.

If Trump makes decisions that are generally good for the country, they will generally be good for his businesses also. However, not always.

I can only hope that he is more interested in the looking out for the "folks" than his own self interest.

actually that balances out the fact Lebron James, etc. decide not to stay at Trump hotel.

But James is still finding ways to mark out new territory. Such was the case this week when, for the first time in his career, he opted not to stay at his team’s designated hotel, ahead of the Cleveland Cavaliers126-94 victoryover the Knicks on Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden.

The team hotel, in this instance, was the Trump SoHo. A number of James’s teammates joined him at a different (and undisclosed) Manhattan hotel in what amounted to a modest political protest.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/07/sports/basketball/lebron-james-trump-hotel-phil-jackson.html?_r=0
That doesn't "balance out" anything at all.

This is still tying the presidency to a particular business.

We've seen this taking place in numerous cases already.

So, now he's going to be the producer of his TV show. What do other producers think of that? Do you think the show will be treated the same way as other shows by media outlets that need equal access for news, etc.?

Do you think the presidency has no weight in a negotiation?

Other presidents have gone out of their way to prevent this kind of conflict of interest. Nixon sold off ALL his assets. Cheney put his holdings in a blind trust. etc. etc.

These people considered this issue to be serious.

So, now he's going to be the producer of his TV show. What do other producers think of that? Do you think the show will be treated the same way as other shows by media outlets that need equal access for news, etc.?

That was my question. I imagine the other networks will call foul once they start to get hit in the pockets from the free govt sponsored promotions

Forum List

Back