Anyone have a Ninja One Lid XL?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Do you like it?

I ordered one today...not the one with the thermometer (OL701) ... which is also on a Prime Day special...but $250 is a little more than I'm willing to spend.

I got the OL601 8 qt XL for $113 (at Woot) instead.

After having to cut my Boston Butt in half to pressure cook it in the 6 quart Instant pot in batches, I wanted the 8 quart anyway...and this does sous vide and proofs and bakes bread!

So I splurged a little.

Watching videos and reading recipes for how to cook on three levels at the same time.

Anybody else have one?

Do you like it?

I ordered one today...not the one with the thermometer (OL701) ... which is also on a Prime Day special...but $250 is a little more than I'm willing to spend.

I got the OL601 8 qt XL for $113 (at Woot) instead.

After having to cut my Boston Butt in half to pressure cook it in the 6 quart Instant pot in batches, I wanted the 8 quart anyway...and this does sous vide and proofs and bakes bread!

So I splurged a little.

Watching videos and reading recipes for how to cook on three levels at the same time.

Anybody else have one?

Pressure cookers scare me.

Have had one ( large Instant Vortex model) for three months and still have not christened it . Am waiting for the electricity price to rise again and then I will work up the courage to do battle .

If you got the 601 for $113, I think you got a deal, but the thermometer would have been a nice thing to have.

I guess the key is whether the thing holds up or not and for how long without blowing up!
That should have said $123.

I agree that the thermometer is great...but not at double the price.

If I LOVE the OL601, we'll revisit the decision.

I don't worry about using the electric pressure cookers. I never get in a hurry to open them. Even a quick release I let sit for a few minutes.

That should have said $123.
I agree that the thermometer is great...but not at double the price.

I actually spent some time last night looking around at the two models you mentioned and maybe the reason the thermometer 701 model seems so pricey is because you got a great deal on the 601 at $123! I think it was Amazon that was charging something like $178.00 for the same 601 model! At that price, the jump to $250.00 for the 701 makes a little better sense.

I think I saw one place charging $278.00 for the 701!

FWIW, being an electronic guy, a Fluke temp probe similar to that in the Ninja can run you $100.00 even on sale:

Then there is the DAC chip that must make the measurement and convert it to LCD readout plus the actual display. That is probably why the 701 has the price jump it does.

I actually spent some time last night looking around at the two models you mentioned and maybe the reason the thermometer 701 model seems so pricey is because you got a great deal on the 601 at $123! I think it was Amazon that was charging something like $178.00 for the same 601 model! At that price, the jump to $250.00 for the 701 makes a little better sense.

I think I saw one place charging $278.00 for the 701!

FWIW, being an electronic guy, a Fluke temp probe similar to that in the Ninja can run you $100.00 even on sale:

Then there is the DAC chip that must make the measurement and convert it to LCD readout plus the actual display. That is probably why the 701 has the price jump it does.
Likely an very accurate assessment.

I figure I can do the same thing with the wireless thermometer I use for BBQ.

Ninja came today. It's big and heavy. But not as big on the inside as I expected.

I'll play with it tomorrow.

Forum List

Back