Anyone ever been to Mexico?

Jeez, Willow, she's going to be on the Caribbean, not in all those crime ridden places. Quit trying to scare her.

Just google Riviera Maya reviews, Dis, and you'll find out what people that stayed there have to say.

I just came back from the Yucatan peninsula and had no problems AT ALL.

I'll do plenty of research as we get closer to May... Nothing beats the talking to people that have actually been there, tho.. (Well, except Si Modo and LK who I suspect have a zero tolerance of "different" policy). :)

The no jeans and tennis shoes thing is getting under my skin, tho.. Altho, packing should be light. Seems I'll need a swimsuit and some makeup.

you are wrong about me, i haven't even been to mexico. but you are right, my tolerance level is questionable. in any case, do your research, squelch the noise (like me), get informed, and enjoy your vacation.

Ignore these assholes, go and have a great time!

Use common sense when out and about .

Avoid drinking the water and that includes drinks with ice.

she was asking me if they chased you down the street to sell you stuff. Well wear blue jeans and tennis shoes and it will be like bees on honey. That is all.
:lol: Dis could be totally naked with a bag over her head and they'd still KNOW she was an American. Americans don't look like Mexicans or anyone else, except maybe Canadians. Carry on.

Americans look like some Mexicans. Some Africans, Some Germans.. Some Koreans, Some Chinese.. So wear your blue jeans and tennis shoes. It will be fun.

I expect May will be too hot for jeans and tennis shoes anyway.. However, since that's what I typically live in when not working, hearing "don't wear it" is like a foreign language..

she was asking me if they chased you down the street to sell you stuff. Well wear blue jeans and tennis shoes and it will be like bees on honey. That is all.
:lol: Dis could be totally naked with a bag over her head and they'd still KNOW she was an American. Americans don't look like Mexicans or anyone else, except maybe Canadians. Carry on.

Americans look like some Mexicans. Some Africans, Some Germans.. Some Koreans, Some Chinese.. So wear your blue jeans and tennis shoes. It will be fun.
This is funny, especially from someone that lives in Florida. I can go anywhere and spanish speakers never attempt to address me in spanish...it's not just a skin tone or hair color or clothing that pegs one as an American...it's also an attitude.

btw...I made it back with my jeans and my sneakers, no one tried to rip me off or kill me or even look at me cross eyed. You are too hysterical for words.

I never said "dirty and vulgar" you idiot.

Take another bong hit, you're getting close to brain dead and it's fascinating to watch.

Oh, I'm sorry.. You said filthy and corrupt. Not much difference there. If you don't like my response, then don't leave anything for me to respond to. Quite simple, really.

Now pull your ruffled panties out of your crack, and lighten the fuck up, Virginia
If YOU don't like answers to questions YOU ask - your thread, idiot - don't ask them. It's quite a simple concept which obviously escapes you. You are near brain dead. :eek:

I don't recall speaking to you, prior to the 2 most recent messages. You're the one that came back in with your panties twisted around your neck, because you didn't like a comment I put in parenthesis as an aside.)

Coffee and chocolate, perhaps? I'll donate to whatever cause will pull that sideways broomstick out of your ass. It's gotta be hell on your insides.

This is funny, especially from someone that lives in Florida. I can go anywhere and spanish speakers never attempt to address me in spanish...it's not just a skin tone or hair color or clothing that pegs one as an American...it's also an attitude.

btw...I made it back with my jeans and my sneakers, no one tried to rip me off or kill me or even look at me cross eyed. You are too hysterical for words.

I left some good links ^^^^. take it or leave it. If I were going to Mexico I would pack long skirts, shirts and kahki pants.. hat sun glasses, and the best pair of walking shoes I could lay my hands on.

I left some good links ^^^^. take it or leave it. If I were going to Mexico I would pack long skirts, shirts and kahki pants.. hat sun glasses, and the best pair of walking shoes I could lay my hands on.

*grin* They happen to be white Skechers tennis shoes.

I actually appreciate everyones advice - even Si's, bitter tho she may be.

You even appreciated my advice to stay?

You even appreciated my advice to stay?

If the little pool-side boys are as hot as I've heard, I'll even thank you for your advice with my much coveted rep. (It's coveted - just ask ABS)

just remember in mexico everyone is your amigo...and I mean everyone...and beware of the little girls selling chickletts gum..they are too cute for words and if you male eye contact it is all but immpossible not to fork over a buck for two chickletts..its worth it just to see them go from the sad puppy eyes to the big smiley face in 0.2 secs

just remember in mexico everyone is your amigo...and I mean everyone...and beware of the little girls selling chickletts gum..they are too cute for words and if you male eye contact it is all but immpossible not to fork over a buck for two chickletts..its worth it just to see them go from the sad puppy eyes to the big smiley face in 0.2 secs

My experience has been that in higher end resorts and hotels, a buck IS the going rate for two chicklets. :lol:

Keep in mind too that when you leave the airport there is going to be a lot of people trying to sell you time-shares. Ignore them.

You can't help yourself, can you?

You can't help yourself, can you?

Your posts speak for themselves, Mommy Dearest...

Oh, I'm sorry.. You said filthy and corrupt. Not much difference there. If you don't like my response, then don't leave anything for me to respond to. Quite simple, really.

Now pull your ruffled panties out of your crack, and lighten the fuck up, Virginia
If YOU don't like answers to questions YOU ask - your thread, idiot - don't ask them. It's quite a simple concept which obviously escapes you. You are near brain dead. :eek:

I don't recall speaking to you, prior to the 2 most recent messages. You're the one that came back in with your panties twisted around your neck, because you didn't like a comment I put in parenthesis as an aside.)

Coffee and chocolate, perhaps? I'll donate to whatever cause will pull that sideways broomstick out of your ass. It's gotta be hell on your insides.
YOU started the thread, you idiot.

My God, you are not only dumber than a sack of hammers, but a sour witch as well.

I posted what I would do and YOU decided to be your usual bitter self.

YOU started the thread, you idiot.

My God, you are not only dumber than a sack of hammers, but a sour witch as well.

I posted what I would do and YOU decided to be your usual bitter self.

You thought perhaps I would respond to everyone elses comments, and leave yours alone? Silly girl (I think?). You took a tongue in cheek comment, and used it as an excuse to run your mouth. The down side to that is I give what I get. Too bad.

Now go take a nap.

I used to live in La Jolla in the 70's and we would frequently go to the jai alai games in Tijuana and also drive down to Ensanada. I had a guide book to Baja California which instructed that if you were in an auto accident in Mexico, just abandon the car and run for the border. I don't know if it is still like this, but they used to just put everyone involved in an accident in jail until it was sorted out!

Went to Cancun a while back, most hotels have taxi rates posted (or used to) but some will still try to overcharge you plus they are insane drivers. Had some of the local (fresh, uncooked) eats followed by 2 days of having to be in close proximity of a bathroom. Other than that we had a great time, went to Tulum, XelHa, Isla de Mujares and Cozumel. Went diving on my last day, water so clear you could see the bottom from the surface 50 - 60 feet down, looked like you could put your hand in the water and touch the bottom.

Forum List

Back