Anyone ever been to Mexico?

Jeez, Willow, she's going to be on the Caribbean, not in all those crime ridden places. Quit trying to scare her.

Just google Riviera Maya reviews, Dis, and you'll find out what people that stayed there have to say.

I just came back from the Yucatan peninsula and had no problems AT ALL.

I'm not familiar with the area you are going to Dis, but it has been our experience that they take very good care of Americans here. We've been to Cancun, Acapulco, Playa del Carmen, and Isla Mujeres. From the staff to the police we have gotten VIP treatment. Oh and nearly everyone speaks at least a little English. Strange isn't it?

Have a great time.

Jeez, Willow, she's going to be on the Caribbean, not in all those crime ridden places. Quit trying to scare her.

Just google Riviera Maya reviews, Dis, and you'll find out what people that stayed there have to say.

I'll do plenty of research as we get closer to May... Nothing beats the talking to people that have actually been there, tho.. (Well, except Si Modo and LK who I suspect have a zero tolerance of "different" policy). :)

The no jeans and tennis shoes thing is getting under my skin, tho.. Altho, packing should be light. Seems I'll need a swimsuit and some makeup.

I'll do plenty of research as we get closer to May... Nothing beats the talking to people that have actually been there, tho.. (Well, except Si Modo and LK who I suspect have a zero tolerance of "different" policy). :)

The no jeans and tennis shoes thing is getting under my skin, tho.. Altho, packing should be light. Seems I'll need a swimsuit and some makeup.
Late Winter, Early Spring (When everybody goes to Mexico) -- Excellence in Podcasting Networks

I'm not trying to scare her. People gave her advice on staying in the resort. And I'm pointing out why.

blue jeans and tennis shoes targets you as an American.

I don't know why people worry so much about their safety when they travel, but so often think so little of it at home.

Chances are, you will be staying in some huge resort complex where the only Mexicans for a hundred miles are waiters.

Just relax and enjoy it.

Unless Dis dyes her hair and pretends to be a mute everyone will know she's an American.

:cuckoo:

You know all fuck about me and my experiences.

So, I highly recommend extensive travel in the country. Rent a car, even. Go it alone, too, so that no one is cramping your style.

LMAO! Have you SEEN my profile pic? Pastey-white skin, red hair, and blue eyes target me as an American. :lol:

So, I highly recommend extensive travel in the country. Rent a car, even.

Hey.. Simply referenced YOUR commentary of "dirty and vulgar". Sounds like it sums up your experience rather well, no?

Or, were you referring to your attitude?

Hey.. Simply referenced YOUR commentary of "dirty and vulgar". Sounds like it sums up your experience rather well, no?

She only gets dirty and vulgar with me!

Unless Dis dyes her hair and pretends to be a mute everyone will know she's an American.

she was asking me if they chased you down the street to sell you stuff. Well wear blue jeans and tennis shoes and it will be like bees on honey. That is all.

I never said "dirty and vulgar" you idiot.

Take another bong hit, you're getting close to brain dead and it's fascinating to watch.

she was asking me if they chased you down the street to sell you stuff. Well wear blue jeans and tennis shoes and it will be like bees on honey. That is all.
:lol: Dis could be totally naked with a bag over her head and they'd still KNOW she was an American. Americans don't look like Mexicans or anyone else, except maybe Canadians. Carry on.

Take another bong hit, you're getting close to brain dead and it's fascinating to watch.

Oh, I'm sorry.. You said filthy and corrupt. Not much difference there. If you don't like my response, then don't leave anything for me to respond to. Quite simple, really.

Now pull your ruffled panties out of your crack, and lighten the fuck up, Virginia

:lol: Dis could be totally naked with a bag over her head and they'd still KNOW she was an American. Americans don't look like Mexicans or anyone else, except maybe Canadians. Carry on.

Americans look like some Mexicans. Some Africans, Some Germans.. Some Koreans, Some Chinese.. So wear your blue jeans and tennis shoes. It will be fun.

http://us.yhs.search.yahoo.com/avg/...+jeans+and+tennis+shoes+when+traveling+abroad

http://www.journeywoman.com/ccc/ccc-m.html

Last edited:

Oh, I'm sorry.. You said filthy and corrupt. Not much difference there. If you don't like my response, then don't leave anything for me to respond to. Quite simple, really.

Now pull your ruffled panties out of your crack, and lighten the fuck up, Virginia
If YOU don't like answers to questions YOU ask - your thread, idiot - don't ask them. It's quite a simple concept which obviously escapes you. You are near brain dead. :eek:

Forum List

Back