Anyone else extremely underwhelmed by military medical facilities, doctors etc

Judging me by others' actions is a curious strategy, but whatever, believe what you will. I take no offense and hope you don't either. Don't get how answering your questions would matter anyway; if I was a "poser" I could simply lie, although I also have to wonder why someone would want to pretend to be in the military, but again, whatever.

Judging me by others' actions is a curious strategy, but whatever, believe what you will. I take no offense and hope you don't either. Don't get how answering your questions would matter anyway; if I was a "poser" I could simply lie, although I also have to wonder why someone would want to pretend to be in the military, but again, whatever.

Judging you? We haven't judged you or your claims, simply stated, based on the evidence I have previously posted, that your responses create doubt. Posers are simply lying anyway, where they get tripped up is in the detail, things that only fellow service members would know.
So based on your continued "deflections" I have no choice but to assume you are indeed a poser. Bye loser. (By the way, that last sentence was a judgment, in case you weren't sure.........).

Sure you are. If you are in fact retired and have Tricare, then why are you using military doctors and bitching about it ?
Not clearly worded on my part. I do not have Tricare; I am seeing Drs on my own nickel. Tricare would have been a horrible deal - about $400/mo as I recall, just for me. My current coverage through Anthem is less than half that with better coverage.

Bye loser.
Hey the pot/kettle thing. What a surprise. Hopefully "bye" means you're leaving, but I doubt it.

I think you're the poser, as your snotty remarks are indicative of a child, not a military member. Welcome to my ignore list, punk.

Last edited:
Sure you are. If you are in fact retired and have Tricare, then why are you using military doctors and bitching about it ?
Not clearly worded on my part. I do not have Tricare; I am seeing Drs on my own nickel. Tricare would have been a horrible deal - about $400/mo as I recall, just for me. My current coverage through Anthem is less than half that with better coverage.

Tricare is NOT $400/month.
I seriously think you're full of it.

Perhaps I was lied to then, although I seriously doubt it.

I really don't care if you believe me. Tag me as a "poser" if you want, knock yourself out, whatever. I'll try not to lose any sleep over it.

PS maybe tricare.mil is lying too:

TRICARE Retired Reserve

My sincerest apologies. And I do mean that.

I did not know your were a reservist and I did not know the Tricare rates were as you say for reservists. That never even occurred to me.

You taught me something I didn't know.

Again, my sincerest apologies for alleging you were a poser. And I do mean that.

My bad for assuming you were AD.

Appreciate it and no worries. Used to be AD but had enough and got out, then came back in Reserves to finish my 20. Luckily I didn't lose a stripe as I often heard was the case. Also have done my share of defense contracting...

Because it's an earned benefit. They already cut the GI Bill to nothing, we aren't getting any raises any time soon, even our pay has been threatened twice this year, all by suit wearing fat asses that rake in six figures. They "support the Troops", of course...

Because it's an earned benefit. They already cut the GI Bill to nothing, we aren't getting any raises any time soon, even our pay has been threatened twice this year, all by suit wearing fat asses that rake in six figures. They "support the Troops", of course...

Not sure I think that's the reason.

Just wondering. I have dealt with them and/or seen and heard many many accounts of them over the years and long ago concluded I wouldn't let the military ever do anything more medically advanced than give me a tetnus shot if I could help it.

I found the experiences I had at Balboa Hospital (San Diego) to be outstanding actually. I can also speak on the medical services I have dealt with on Luke Air force base to be very professional and top notch.

I love medical military services. I use them directly over civilian docs whenever I can.

Not sure what you mean by "vet bill" - I am a 20 yr retiree.

Why are you seeing military docs?

Get a private doc - Use your Tricare.

As you know, you have the choice to go on base or go out in town somethimes. I prefer going to a mlitary base for medical services even as a retiree.

If I was still in San Diego, I would go back to Balboa in a heartbeat.

Tricare is $460 for the family per year. You are a fake.

Goodbye.

Tricare is 400 a month? Just for you? What the hell are you talking about? Its about 400 a YEAR dude. That is kind of a significant difference, no?

I dont usually agree with the particular ones calling you a poser, but dude, come on.

I smell poser as well guys.

Perhaps I was lied to then, although I seriously doubt it.

I really don't care if you believe me. Tag me as a "poser" if you want, knock yourself out, whatever. I'll try not to lose any sleep over it.

PS maybe tricare.mil is lying too:

TRICARE Retired Reserve

So you are retired reserve and not a 20 year retiree..... Why not tell the truth upfront? Gee you would think people would know it makes a difference..........

Forum List

Back