“Anybody who’s got a title in the party could say something...."

One of the many ugly things we've learned over the last seven years is how much of this was just under the surface.

So now it's coming out in the open.
I've come to expect that kind of shit from someone like MTG because of the relatively small number of constituents she needs to appeal to to win re-election. But for a state-wide candidate running for Senate to use that language without fear of the consequence.........either at the polls or from fellow members of the party.......is troubling.

Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) suggested at a rally in Nevada this month that Black people are criminals.
A day later in Arizona, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) appeared to refer to a specious conspiracy theory about immigrants that has been associated with white nationalists — baseless claims that at least two GOP candidates for the U.S. Senate have echoed.

And in Wisconsin and North Carolina, Democratic candidates for the Senate have faced a barrage of ads on crime that feature mug shots of Black defendants.
As the campaign heats up in the final weeks before November’s midterm elections, so have overt appeals to racial animus and resentment. And the toxic remarks appear to be receiving less push back from Republicans than in past years, suggesting that some candidates in the first post-Trump election cycle have been influenced by the ex-president’s norm-breaking example.

“Anybody who’s got a title in the party could say something — senator, governor, anybody,” said Michael Steele, a former chair of the Republican National Committee, who noted a deafening silence in the party after Tuberville’s comment. “Anyone could stand up and say, ‘Can we stop this please?’ But they won’t.”

This begs the question why? Why doesn't a national figure like McConnell speak out? Let me answer my own rhetorical question. Because Mitch isn't going to call out Tommy's racist comments while the POT is trying to take back the Senate. Or after for that matter. Why? Easy. Racist dog whistles are an acceptable feature of POT politics in the post Trump era.
A national figure like, say, Michael Steele? Thead fail.

Thats not what he implied at all.
Cant you cultists come up with something better than race all the damn time? Good grief.
That is exactly what he "implied". Or more to the point, what he said..and meant.

“They want crime,” he said. “They want crime because they want to take over what you got. They want to control what you have. They want reparations because they think the people that do the crime are owed that. Bull----.”

Sorry, I don't know how you excuse a statement like that...or "interpret" it as something else.

As you know, that's a lie. The riots were universally condemned.
Nope, it isn't. Democrat incitement and support are well documented. Please keep up.
democrat insurrectionists.jpg

I see you heard the dog whistle loud and clear. Thanks for being honest enough to admit as much.
You seem to be adept at placing an elephant in the room and then tip toeing around it while calling any logical response to YOUR actions, racist. Run along you race baiting troll--I hear Jussie Smollett calling your name.

If he was still the chairman of the party you'd have an argument. He isn't, you don't.
Nonsense, he is well known. Steele is an establishment guy. The party moved on, he stayed behind. All his loss of influence is self inflicted.

You seem to be adept at placing an elephant in the room and then tip toeing around it while calling any logical response to YOUR actions, racist. Run along you race baiting troll--I hear Jussie Smollett calling your name.
Get back to me when you have a logical reply.

“It is not new to see antisemitism or overt racism in politics,” Greenblatt said. “What is new is after years … in which it was clear that to be credible in public life politicians had to reject prejudice, it’s now been normalized in ways that are really quite breathtaking.”

Posting a bullshit meme that fails to make a distinction, in the case of Harris's remarks, between protesters she supported and rioters she did not, exposes your ignorant gullibility.
She supported the organization that bailed the rioters out. Please keep up, your lack of knowledge regarding your OP doesn't help your cause.

She supported the organization that bailed the rioters out. Please keep up, your lack of knowledge regarding your OP doesn't help your cause.
Your lack of nuanced knowledge regarding your reply doesn't help your cause.

Forum List

Back